Kmart Online / student desk

I ordered a student desk online on May 9th. I was told delivery will take 2 weeks. After 2 weeks I received an email stating: "We appreciate your business and we are sorry we did not meet your needs. We have credited your account..." I was confused because I was still expecting the desk. I contacted customer service and they said the UPS damaged the desk and had to return it to Kmart. They added that if I still wanted to purchase the desk I had to complete the order online AGAIN.

So I ordered the student desk online again on May 30th. I was told delivery will take 2 weeks. A little prior to 2 week delivery date I contacted customer service to verify the order. They said that UPS could not deliver because my address could not be verified, so they had to return it to Kmart. I used the same previous address (as on my online Kmart account). Furthermore, they told me that if I still wanted to purchase the desk I had to complete the order online AGAIN, which would take 2 weeks. I requested express instead of waiting 2 additional weeks for ground. Since express was $100, they told me they cannot waive the shipping for express. I cancelled that order.

In summary, I had to wait almost 2 months for a non-existant desk that Kmart claims is somehow erred by the courier. I do not believe Kmart's information and am upset that they could not offer anything more than waiving my $21 ground shipping fee.

Thanks in advance,
D. McCrea

Kmart.com
1-866-KMART-4U

Mc
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Sh
      13th of Dec, 2018
    Kmart Stores - Wine glasses
    Caloundra
    Queensland
    Australia

I brought 6 new wine glasses from Kmart Stockland Caloundra on the 9th of November 2018.
    I poured a glass of wine and found glass shafts in it, I was chewing it until I found it was glass shafts.
    I thought nothing of it, until today 16 of November again I poured a glas of wine and I found it again. This time I took a pic of it to prove it.

19th of Nov, 2018
    Kmart Stores - Sweepstakes with 19 receipt number
    2600 lincoln way e
    Massillon
    Ohio

I went to enter this and it says I can't because it is more than 15 days. Why isn't this printed on the receipt!!! Plus 15 days isn't enough time.

• Tr
      14th of Nov, 2018
    Kmart Stores - hr representative
    Bronx
    New York
    kmart.com

My hr representative has gotten nasty with me a number times and I never said anything to her disrespectful back to her but today when she talk to me like a I was child like wasn't a adult . I cant go to her without her getting upset or talking to me like im not a human being

12th of Nov, 2018
    Kmarts - Trump merchandise

Goodbye Kmarts goodbye Sears

12th of Nov, 2018
    Kmart Stores - online facebook group with your racist employees.
    online
    facebook.com

• Ta
      11th of Nov, 2018
    Kmart Stores - Employee conduct
    Barboursville wv

What kind if company let's their employees gamble while they are working?? I shop at the Kmart in barboursville wv alot. I see one of the managers going in and out of a gambling parlor next to Kmart all day long. I would be concerned about this.

• La
      4th of Nov, 2018
    Kmart Stores - Parrish
    Tulsa
    Oklahoma

She was very rude and she was just throwing my items on the table. She didn't even asked me for my points rewards. She gave a lot of dirty looks and she answered rudley to my questions about some offers. She needed assistance from another employee but she gave me a lot of dirty looks and she looked like she didn't wanted to do her job.

• Si
    Kmart Stores - Box of air wick
    Chesapeake
    Virginia

I was at the store on military highway in Chesapeake va and wanted to smell this fragrance only the find the box was full of bugs so I went to the next box this was very distressed no one wants to get home and find bugs and boxes from a store which the bugs can nest in your home 😡😡😡

• Da
    Kmart Stores - Alexandra Mari
    West Babylon
    New York

I am making a complaint about a employee that has broken the company policies. Alex Mari has made a couple of comments towards me that were very inconsiderate and derogatory. (She said that my mom never wanted me that I was a mistake. I am a lowlife piece of [censored], I should go [censored] and lastly she told me that I was just another stupid tranny

• Du
    Kmart Stores - 14K fake earrings
    El Cajon
    California

Plastic coated with fake gold, want my money back

21st of Oct, 2018
    Kmart Stores - clearance childrens bedding
    walla walla wa.

made a layaway.they let someone else buy my layaway out .when I called the manager about it she .said what am I supposed to do about it very rude.walla walla we 99362 .they have a policy that I can not pick up any layaway with out i.d..she just blew me off .she been rude to people .no one complains.

• Sq
      18th of Sep, 2018
    Kmart Stores - The manager

Yes i was the kmart in rockhill sc i got some merchandise it did not ring up right then when they got it right they would not use my points the manger was very nasty and rude

• Je
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Kmart Stores - Layaway
    Jasper
    Indiana

I had a layaway I started on 10/1/2017 I put down $100.00 which was way more than needed I was out of town on the 6th through the 22 & I called to advise them of this & I would be in 10/24/2017 to make the payment I was told ok I went to the store & I was told by the manager they cancelled my layaway that day He offered me 69.00 I want my layaway

10th of Sep, 2018
    Kmart Stores - Employees

There is not one employee on the whole sales floor!!! Asked one lady up front 3 times for help in hardware and still no one came!!! This is the worst store every time and I am done!!!7100 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia PA

5th of Sep, 2018
    Kmart - Horribly Ran Business
    Taft
    California

So I was told today that cashiers are getting wrote up if they have too many customers use their rewards points. Because they think cashiers are telling customers to check their rewards card points. Seriously? They used to get in trouble for not getting enough new rewards members in a day. Kmart does not want you to redeem your rewards points.

• Km
      8th of Sep, 2018

@AnotherAngryCustomer74 It's not so much that Kmart doesn't want members to use their reward points it's more that they don't cashiers to automatically redeem points without the members knowledge. Some members get upset cause they wanted to save up their points. Also it's a lot of cost in manpower and processing power to redeem customers points on every purchase, with little reward. I've had customers who don't keep track of their points and ask for any rewards they got to redeem and turned out all they had was 5 cents. At that point with such the small redemption did the customer really appreciate the reward, probably not, but did it cost Kmart more in manpower and processing power to redeem that 5 cents, definitely, plus it costed the 5 cents as well. I would probably appreciate the program more if say on a weekly basis I buy 10 for $1 grocery items, then after 10 weeks of doing that I will have earned enough in points to get 1 of my $1 grocery items absolutely free. I think I would appreciate my $1 free item more then I would appreciate 10 cents off each week. Plus, now the waste of manpower and processing power is only once instead of 10 times. Now if a member asks the cashier they will redeem your points, which does require you to take some responsibility for your own finances, but really people should be responsible for their own finances, or have a personal guardian appointed to take care of their finances if they are unable to themselves. I have also had members who had high point balances over $50 and not know it cause they actually didn't understand how the program works, and get upset that I didn't ask if they wanted to redeem their points. I'm not sure whether I should agree with Kmart stance on this or not. I'm told the reason we are not to ask is that if they didn't know they had the points to begin with is why give them something they didn't know they had, and chances are after they find out that they had the rewards then they will just appreciate it more after finding out about it. Though it seems that members are not appreciative at all. However again this should probably come down to people taking responsibility for their own finances. However this is a very republican mindset, and the majority of Kmart clientele is democratic. The solution though both republican and democratic is to have cashiers require people who don't want their points redeemed is to require the member to say when they don't want their points redeemed. The Democrats will get what they feel entitled too, and being a republican myself I wouldn't mind taking on the personal responsibility of going a step further when I don't want points redeemed, and I believe my fellow republicans wouldn't mind either.

• Be
      4th of Sep, 2018
    Kmart Stores - Orly color blast pink holographic glitter
    Stevensville
    Maryland
    kmart.com

On the Kmart website this is listed under holographic glitter. For one this is not glitter. For two this product is not holographic. This is false advertisement

• De
      2nd of Sep, 2018
    Kmart Stores - Coustmer service
    Williamsport
    Pennsylvania

Didn't appreciate how today I had to basically empty my entire purse &pockets to show the girl at customer service she NEVER gave my 25.98 back to me! she owed me 35.98 & she was trying to not pay me the $10 she owed me &then after 20 mins she figured it out gave it to me & threw me major attitude when I asked where my 25.98 was at? Rediculous!

• Lo
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Kmart - Rude and she lost my points
    Des Moines
    Iowa

Patricia was rude and some how made me lose my fifty dollars in points and she could not get them back.Please help me get them back.It upset me a lot and likely won't be going threw her line again and this was not the only time it happen with her

• Al
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Kmart Stores - Customer service
    Williamsport
    Pennsylvania

I'm complaining about the Kmart in my area on E Third Street Williamsport Pa 17701.. The employees in that store are so ignorant, I can't believe it. The managers are even more rude. I had a complaint so I called the manager and she hung up on me instantly. I'm so sick of this Kmart store. I will no longer be shopping KMart.

• Ve
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Kmart Stores - Returns
    Hollywood
    Florida

I will never purchase anything for home or work from kmart again. Reason: tried to return a product day 33 for $22.00 and was informed no return allowed. No store credit. Nothing. It is on the receipt. Well Kmart you lost thousands. I understand policy but really? 60 to 90 days and maximum refund limits is more customer base protocol.