Kmart Online / student desk

I ordered a student desk online on May 9th. I was told delivery will take 2 weeks. After 2 weeks I received an email stating: "We appreciate your business and we are sorry we did not meet your needs. We have credited your account..." I was confused because I was still expecting the desk. I contacted customer service and they said the UPS damaged the desk and had to return it to Kmart. They added that if I still wanted to purchase the desk I had to complete the order online AGAIN.

So I ordered the student desk online again on May 30th. I was told delivery will take 2 weeks. A little prior to 2 week delivery date I contacted customer service to verify the order. They said that UPS could not deliver because my address could not be verified, so they had to return it to Kmart. I used the same previous address (as on my online Kmart account). Furthermore, they told me that if I still wanted to purchase the desk I had to complete the order online AGAIN, which would take 2 weeks. I requested express instead of waiting 2 additional weeks for ground. Since express was $100, they told me they cannot waive the shipping for express. I cancelled that order.

In summary, I had to wait almost 2 months for a non-existant desk that Kmart claims is somehow erred by the courier. I do not believe Kmart's information and am upset that they could not offer anything more than waiving my $21 ground shipping fee.

Thanks in advance,
D. McCrea

Kmart.com
1-866-KMART-4U

Mc

Comments

• Tl
      18th of Dec, 2012
    Kmart online - double charges
    KMART ONLINE
    Alabama

I made purchase online, was charged same day for it on debit card. I happen to look at bank account 2 days later was charged again. When called said they will research and contact me in 24-48hrs, they never did. I called them again after finding yet another charge on bank statement for same items. This time was told I needed to seed a copy of my bank statement to prove it. Once did this said it would take 5-7 days for someone to contact my by email. This is ridiculous. Just poor customer service! Never shopping online there again.