Kmart Online / student desk

I ordered a student desk online on May 9th. I was told delivery will take 2 weeks. After 2 weeks I received an email stating: "We appreciate your business and we are sorry we did not meet your needs. We have credited your account..." I was confused because I was still expecting the desk. I contacted customer service and they said the UPS damaged the desk and had to return it to Kmart. They added that if I still wanted to purchase the desk I had to complete the order online AGAIN.

So I ordered the student desk online again on May 30th. I was told delivery will take 2 weeks. A little prior to 2 week delivery date I contacted customer service to verify the order. They said that UPS could not deliver because my address could not be verified, so they had to return it to Kmart. I used the same previous address (as on my online Kmart account). Furthermore, they told me that if I still wanted to purchase the desk I had to complete the order online AGAIN, which would take 2 weeks. I requested express instead of waiting 2 additional weeks for ground. Since express was $100, they told me they cannot waive the shipping for express. I cancelled that order.

In summary, I had to wait almost 2 months for a non-existant desk that Kmart claims is somehow erred by the courier. I do not believe Kmart's information and am upset that they could not offer anything more than waiving my $21 ground shipping fee.

Thanks in advance,
D. McCrea

Kmart.com
1-866-KMART-4U

Mc

Comments

• Tl
      18th of Dec, 2012
    Kmart online - double charges
    KMART ONLINE
    Alabama

I made purchase online, was charged same day for it on debit card. I happen to look at bank account 2 days later was charged again. When called said they will research and contact me in 24-48hrs, they never did. I called them again after finding yet another charge on bank statement for same items. This time was told I needed to seed a copy of my bank statement to prove it. Once did this said it would take 5-7 days for someone to contact my by email. This is ridiculous. Just poor customer service! Never shopping online there again.

• Kn
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Kmart Stores - Online order

I placed an online order it clearly stated free shipping even after I typed my zip code. But guess what?!?! I got charged $59.99 for shipping. False advertising. Not good!

• Sy
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Kmart Stores - Manager

Mgr Lydia in the Salinas CA store is very unprofessional. Showed no effort to assist me beyond a no. I left the store then returned for her name when I overheard her complaining. I was 1 day over the 45 day mark for a $6.99 shirt. I requested a store credit or an exhange and was denied. Mgr. said call customer service may be they will help you."

• Ti
    Kmart Stores - Closing Early without notice
    Philadelphia
    Kmart.com

On March 18, 2018 I arrived at 7:40pm at Kmart at 7101 Roosevelt blvd Philadelphia, pa and they were locking the door when the sign on the door said 8pm. They were completely rude and didn't give any explanation. It was such an inconvenience and a waste of gas. I will not be back to this location anymore.

• Br
    Kmart Stores - Customer service
    Mackay
    Queensland
    Australia

5 Kmart staff at Mackay check outs and only self serve available. Pathetic customer service Kmart. You're paying all those wages yet I, as the customer, have to do the work your staff should do. Most ridiculous business model for registers, employ 5 staff but customers do the work!

• 52
    Kmart - Rewards points
    Doylestown, PA

Dear madam,

Ordered item online not in store Sub-order #1436408961,
    paid thru PayPal, unable to use Kmart points reward which is only good for in store, l spoke to manager told okay to use rewards points pickup item, pretty disappointed would have used $16 ordering online.

Can l still get $16 off?

Sincerely,

Peter

21st of Aug, 2018
    Kmart Stores - Human Resources
    Pittsburgh
    kmart.com

I was trying to help a manager at little Caesers & Audrey from human resources said I was wondering around and not working.

• Ve
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Kmart Stores - Returns
    Hollywood
    Florida

I will never purchase anything for home or work from kmart again. Reason: tried to return a product day 33 for $22.00 and was informed no return allowed. No store credit. Nothing. It is on the receipt. Well Kmart you lost thousands. I understand policy but really? 60 to 90 days and maximum refund limits is more customer base protocol.

• Al
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Kmart Stores - Customer service
    Williamsport
    Pennsylvania

I'm complaining about the Kmart in my area on E Third Street Williamsport Pa 17701.. The employees in that store are so ignorant, I can't believe it. The managers are even more rude. I had a complaint so I called the manager and she hung up on me instantly. I'm so sick of this Kmart store. I will no longer be shopping KMart.

• Lo
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Kmart - Rude and she lost my points
    Des Moines
    Iowa

Patricia was rude and some how made me lose my fifty dollars in points and she could not get them back.Please help me get them back.It upset me a lot and likely won't be going threw her line again and this was not the only time it happen with her

• De
      2nd of Sep, 2018
    Kmart Stores - Coustmer service
    Williamsport
    Pennsylvania

Didn't appreciate how today I had to basically empty my entire purse &pockets to show the girl at customer service she NEVER gave my 25.98 back to me! she owed me 35.98 & she was trying to not pay me the $10 she owed me &then after 20 mins she figured it out gave it to me & threw me major attitude when I asked where my 25.98 was at? Rediculous!

• Be
      4th of Sep, 2018
    Kmart Stores - Orly color blast pink holographic glitter
    Stevensville
    Maryland
    kmart.com

On the Kmart website this is listed under holographic glitter. For one this is not glitter. For two this product is not holographic. This is false advertisement

5th of Sep, 2018
    Kmart - Horribly Ran Business
    Taft
    California

So I was told today that cashiers are getting wrote up if they have too many customers use their rewards points. Because they think cashiers are telling customers to check their rewards card points. Seriously? They used to get in trouble for not getting enough new rewards members in a day. Kmart does not want you to redeem your rewards points.

• Km
      8th of Sep, 2018

@AnotherAngryCustomer74 It's not so much that Kmart doesn't want members to use their reward points it's more that they don't cashiers to automatically redeem points without the members knowledge. Some members get upset cause they wanted to save up their points. Also it's a lot of cost in manpower and processing power to redeem customers points on every purchase, with little reward. I've had customers who don't keep track of their points and ask for any rewards they got to redeem and turned out all they had was 5 cents. At that point with such the small redemption did the customer really appreciate the reward, probably not, but did it cost Kmart more in manpower and processing power to redeem that 5 cents, definitely, plus it costed the 5 cents as well. I would probably appreciate the program more if say on a weekly basis I buy 10 for $1 grocery items, then after 10 weeks of doing that I will have earned enough in points to get 1 of my $1 grocery items absolutely free. I think I would appreciate my $1 free item more then I would appreciate 10 cents off each week. Plus, now the waste of manpower and processing power is only once instead of 10 times. Now if a member asks the cashier they will redeem your points, which does require you to take some responsibility for your own finances, but really people should be responsible for their own finances, or have a personal guardian appointed to take care of their finances if they are unable to themselves. I have also had members who had high point balances over $50 and not know it cause they actually didn't understand how the program works, and get upset that I didn't ask if they wanted to redeem their points. I'm not sure whether I should agree with Kmart stance on this or not. I'm told the reason we are not to ask is that if they didn't know they had the points to begin with is why give them something they didn't know they had, and chances are after they find out that they had the rewards then they will just appreciate it more after finding out about it. Though it seems that members are not appreciative at all. However again this should probably come down to people taking responsibility for their own finances. However this is a very republican mindset, and the majority of Kmart clientele is democratic. The solution though both republican and democratic is to have cashiers require people who don't want their points redeemed is to require the member to say when they don't want their points redeemed. The Democrats will get what they feel entitled too, and being a republican myself I wouldn't mind taking on the personal responsibility of going a step further when I don't want points redeemed, and I believe my fellow republicans wouldn't mind either.

10th of Sep, 2018
    Kmart Stores - Employees

There is not one employee on the whole sales floor!!! Asked one lady up front 3 times for help in hardware and still no one came!!! This is the worst store every time and I am done!!!7100 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia PA

• Je
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Kmart Stores - Layaway
    Jasper
    Indiana

I had a layaway I started on 10/1/2017 I put down $100.00 which was way more than needed I was out of town on the 6th through the 22 & I called to advise them of this & I would be in 10/24/2017 to make the payment I was told ok I went to the store & I was told by the manager they cancelled my layaway that day He offered me 69.00 I want my layaway

• Sq
      18th of Sep, 2018
    Kmart Stores - The manager

Yes i was the kmart in rockhill sc i got some merchandise it did not ring up right then when they got it right they would not use my points the manger was very nasty and rude