Kmart / no return without a receipt

1 12412 US 19Hudson, FL, United States Review updated:

I received a bath gift set as a Christmas gift, but due to allergies, don't use many scented bath products. My husband brought it to Kmart today to get store credit. No, of course we didn't have a receipt. The item was unopened. They would not take the item back without a receipt. He went and got an identical item from a store display to show they sell it, talked to a manager, but still, they refused to take it back. So now I'm stuck with an item that I'll never use and will end up just "regifting" or letting it get dusty on a shelf until I come across it 5 years from now, then throw it away. But it's okay because Kmart got their $$$ for it. It doesn't matter if we're happy or not. Customer Service?? Not even close.

Ol

Comments

• Kj
      21st of Apr, 2010

Hey sonyvega it was a gift, why would she have a receipt dip shi*. There's no reason to be rude, she wanted to take it back because she was allergic, maybe Kmart should take a lesson from Walmart

• Jk
      21st of Apr, 2010

kjohnsono8, there is a thing called a gift receipt that whoever gave her this gift should have supplied. It seems the original poster should be mad at the person who gave the gift. Also, as pointed out by sonyvega, the OP has no idea if this was even purchased from Kmart. Why should Kmart accept a return of a product that may have been purchased from Walmart?

• Rv
      19th of Dec, 2016

I had a receipt because I was 3 days beyond their 30 day return policy would not take back I am out of $189.00