Kmart / refusing to accept my check

1 Elizabethtown, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 717) 367-4613

On Saturday, 02/27/2010, my husband and I were at the check out line preparing to pay for our purchases with a personal check, when we were told by the cashier that my check would not be accepted. This put me into a panic because I knew we had much more then the total of my check unless someone, unbeknownced to us, emptied our account.
We paid for our purchases with a credit card and hurried to the bank to investigate why Kmart didn't accept our check. According to the bank, all was in order with our account; they varified our balance and said they could not understand why the check was not accepted by Kmart.
I want you to know that this occurance frighted me horrably! Not only did it make me sick at my stomach, I was a nervous wreck.
We have never had this happen before at Kmart and we shop there and average of three to four times a month.
My receipt #[protected].
Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.

Bonnie Weinhold

Comments

• Fl
      12th of Jun, 2012

Did it just decline your check or did it print, on the back. If it was declined I can tell you two quick fixes.

• Br
      12th of Jun, 2012

It wasn' KMart that declinrd your check.

• Fl
      12th of Jun, 2012

If it simplely wouldnt read running both sides on the demagnetizer works also folding it in fourths horizontally. I work for KMart I'm forever doing this dont ask why it works lol its just what I was taught and 9 times outta ten the check will than read.

• Al
      12th of Jun, 2012

You're check was probably Brendesized.