Kmart / misleading advertisement!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I noticed the ad for Kmart's jewelry sale, which states up to 70% off items. Unfortunately, when I arrived, they said that "incredible buys" were excluded. Well, that was fine. Then, I noticed a case that revolves around and displayed earrings in the locked case. I inquired about a pair. The associate said it would be around $15.00 (due to the red-tag sale). When she rang it up, it came to the original listed price. Then, she called in the jewelry supervisor who had absolutely no customer service at all. The supervisor then said that it was "regular price, meaning in the real world. Why would we sell real fine jewelry for $15.00?"

What irks me the most is that the red tag sale implies on all items (except for the "incredible buys). The jewelry supervisor stated that it was "70% off regular price." To me "regular price" insinuates the listed price on item, in this case $49.99. Thus, K-mart is misleading the consumer. They should say "ALREADY reduced 70% off." The former ("70% off regular price" implies that the reduction will still be applied when the item is ready to be checked out).

Te
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Do
      16th of Jun, 2008

no more shopping at kamart

• Je
      28th of Jun, 2008

I made my purchase on June 26 2008. And to know avail I'm not able to register my 19 digit number anywhere? Although K-mart stores have always been a choice of mine throughout the years. I must say that I'm very disappointed in this false advertisement .So I leave you with these simple question's.(where do I find the entry and why can't I find the entry)>? looks like I'm not the only one whom frowns at this particular scam. This is not ! a positive nor a professional way to run a business.

• Ru
      4th of Jul, 2008

I do thank you all for your service and the discounts and have a nice 4th of julyto all of the kmart workers Rudy L Yocham

• Bi
      4th of Jul, 2008

Definately agree ! no website exists. I just purchased a couple pairs of shorts, 7/03/08, and had the same print out "kmartfeedback.com" survey for their (nonexistent) contest for 2500 gift card, at the bottom of my receipt.

South Bend, Indiana

• Ga
      7th of Jul, 2008

i love shopping at k-mart they have a gret selection, and great prices.but they should not be allowed to print up false advertisements like a chance on winning 2, 500.00 gift card.

8th of Jul, 2008

Kmart, How can u give reciepts with of a survey if they is none.
    Do u not stand on your word. One day u are going to be econdible for your actions for false advertisement. Here is my 19 digit no. 04972-062808-006-96880.

Love ya still.

• Ni
      10th of Jul, 2008

What do you mean by circles before agree, neutral and disagree?
    My comment it that I am getting tired of going into a huge, block long K Mart and having no-one in the store to wait on you!!!One register is open and the return register. One perons in the jewely dept. and another person putting up shelves.
    Finally, I suspect it was a manger, came to help one person at the return register.
    I used to work at a clothing, shoe dept. store only 1/10 the size of your store and the owner had at least 6-7 people working.
    If you don't have anyone in the store don't expect to sell anything.!!!
    Sales poeople are your best bet to get anywhere.!!!

• Lo
      12th of Jul, 2008

people please listen to me i just went on google and did the survey, GO TO GOOGLE PLEASE

• Am
      13th of Jul, 2008

I am very happy with my pursharse in Kmart store 7106, I always buy in Kmart
    my last receit # 07196 071208 004 15315

13th of Jul, 2008

WHERE IS THE SURVEY THAT I SUPPOSEDLY COULD WIN 2, 500 IN A KMART GIFT CARD...SHAME ON YOU.. I WOULD THINK BETTER OF YOUR SITE AND AND HOPE YOU WOULD FOLLOW THROUGH. I TRY TO GIVE YOU MY BUSINESS INSTEAD OF YOU KNOW WHO AND YOU ARE RUNNING ME ON A WILD GOOSE CHASE.. THIS SITE IS FOR COMPLAINTS AND I DIDN'T HAVE ONE UNTIL NOW..HAVE A NICE DAY.

• Li
      30th of Sep, 2008

the other customers coments are correct! this is false advertising. there is no site for this survey of $2500. to fill out.

• Le
      19th of Jul, 2008

You seriously have to be kidding. You bought something that was broken in the box, a common occurrance in shipping massive amounts of freight, and you have time to take it back to the store, and you have the box, and you have the receipt, and you have the merchandise, AND YOU REFUSE TO RETURN OR EXCHANGE IT??? AND YOU BLAME KMART??? I think you are a liar, stole the fan, and the jeans, and are suffering from a case of instant Karma. You give the rest of us REAL consumers a bad name.

• Da
      19th of Jul, 2008

At this moment, I really don't have a complaint about Kmart. I just like to buy there, cause they have interesting items and cheap too. Thank you Kmart...

• Sm
      25th of Jul, 2008

Posting on this site is going to do very little. A flood of actual letters need to be sent to the powers that be. Kmart is owned by Sears Holding Corporation, 3333 Beverly Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60179, (847) 286-2500. They are the ones who need to be buried in complaint letters and made to fix this situation. They are the company owners and should be held responsible. Posting on this site will not get there attention. WRITE YOUR COMPLAINTS AND MAIL THEM IN!!!

26th of Jul, 2008

Isn't it called false advertisement when a company claims to offer you something but gives you nothing. You guys need to get your act together before you find yourself with a lawsuit against your company.

• Ci
      4th of Aug, 2008

Sit emay have been down earlier but is working great now ...I just did my survey:)

• Ed
      6th of Aug, 2008

stop shopping at k mart go to another store-doing that is the best thing you can do- sales go down-stores close-you hit them in the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

i have the same sales slip-o-well same old ###

• Ib
      9th of Aug, 2008

i wont won pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Lu
      15th of Aug, 2008

I think that kmart is a great place to go shopping. They have everything you would need for your home and for your family. Especially when they have the clearance. You can find so many things at a price you can't believe. I have gotten so many things for my 2 kids that I would pay lots of money somewhere else. So as long as there are Kmart stores thats where I will be at spending my money.

• As
      15th of Aug, 2008

The Kmart feedback site works fine for me! You may want to try this link -
    Kmart has issues, but its a whole lot better than Walmart, ugh!