Kmart / misleading advertisement!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I noticed the ad for Kmart's jewelry sale, which states up to 70% off items. Unfortunately, when I arrived, they said that "incredible buys" were excluded. Well, that was fine. Then, I noticed a case that revolves around and displayed earrings in the locked case. I inquired about a pair. The associate said it would be around $15.00 (due to the red-tag sale). When she rang it up, it came to the original listed price. Then, she called in the jewelry supervisor who had absolutely no customer service at all. The supervisor then said that it was "regular price, meaning in the real world. Why would we sell real fine jewelry for $15.00?"

What irks me the most is that the red tag sale implies on all items (except for the "incredible buys). The jewelry supervisor stated that it was "70% off regular price." To me "regular price" insinuates the listed price on item, in this case $49.99. Thus, K-mart is misleading the consumer. They should say "ALREADY reduced 70% off." The former ("70% off regular price" implies that the reduction will still be applied when the item is ready to be checked out).

Te
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Su
      2nd of Jan, 2008

First thing I noticed recently is the lack of heat in the building. Someones dialing down. Next I have to wrangle at the cash register to get my sales price. They always want to charge full price. GOTTA WATCH!!! Then, I wanted to purchase cigarettes for my husband and was told they lost the key to the cigarette cabnet. Then I was wanting to purchase a TV in applicnces. I waited forever for someone to help me, there was no one available. Then again in electronics, I wanted to purchase some games for the Play Station 2. I went to customer service only to be told the electronics guy wasn't available, he was outside collecting shopping carts.....I waited and waited..finally when he did run back to electronics, I was told he lost the key to the cabnet. Suprise Suprise......Convienent excuse for everything lately. These were all separate occacions. Next, I was buying hair products and thought the boxes felt lighter than usual so I looked inside. Boxes were empty. 3 or 4 boxes on the shelf for sale totally empty. What the hell. Now get through the line at the register. Yea thats another project in itself. The party store has more cash registers open then Kmart. Not to mention that of the 3 open registers, every one of them was having pricing issues. They were running with garbage cans to the back looking for prices in the line I was in. Then the last straw.....Everyone was impatient in the line and some woman comes up to me and says she was in the line before I was and I took her spot. Now come on I'm not blind, I don't just cut in front of someone. I knew she was lieing, but know what I let her go because I had had enough and was already thinking about getting out of there anyway because I was tired of waiting as well. I left my cart in line and walked out. I went to Walgreens instead. I even saved money...In the last 3 months, Kmart has lost many many of my own sales. Wonder if the truth be told how many they really have lost with everyone shopping there or trying to anyway. I won't be back thats for sure.

• Sc
      6th of Jan, 2008

The website works, just go to the website, if it still doesn't work try this website:

Pablo

• Ra
      9th of Mar, 2008

kmart has failed again, i went to the kmartfeedback.com to do the survey, but i would like to know where is it? this is why they failed so bad, i think i'll go to kmart one more time to let them know about there lying receipt and that they just lost me, i'll never go back to kmart if i had to.

• Gr
      13th of Mar, 2008

No web site to register, why do they do that?

• Gr
      13th of Mar, 2008

Why do they do that,it's not there and a big waste of my time. I'm very unhappy about that. No website and false advertising.

15th of Mar, 2008

Kmart continues to fail its costomers: on my receipt is ststed that if I online to kmartfeedback ,and fill out a survey,I can win a shopping card for 2500$ .well,to no surprize ,there is no survey.Finally after thirty years of shopping the stoe in Sheridan Wyoming....I am done. No more kmart for me.Kmart is sinking while nothing is being done about it. Good bye kmart

15th of Mar, 2008

kmart continues to disapoint its few remaining costomers. What is so difficult about costomer service,a varity of products ans a genuine survey give-away of a shopping card? Is there any one in the management of Kmart who cares about the failure of the companies stores??? I;ve had it Im done :thirty years of patronage down the toilet (not the plugged up dirty ones in the stores)Ok kmart walmart is much closer to my home. Im going to relax in a light weight walmart recliner while I monitor the demise of kmart/Sears. Happy failure to you,,,,kmart

• Lo
      16th of Mar, 2008

Well was just at the Kmart store not my choice, and another kmartfeedback to win $2500 again March 14, 2008 AND I so agree there is no such web site. Plus your employees are in need of a dress code and so manners.

9th of Apr, 2008

I have been happy with services given to me at the near by Kmart! Beavercreek Ohio-45440 here is my receipt number #03407 032308 008 79051.

• Re
      31st of Mar, 2008

The site is up and running. I just used it.

• Re
      7th of Apr, 2008

I THINK THAT KMART SHOULD NOT GIVE OUT FALSE INFORMATION ABOUT SURVEYS THAT DO NOT EXCIST AND YOU CAN NOT GET THEM ON YOUR COMPUTERS THEY ARE DOING THERE PART OF WHAT THEY SAY ON THERE RECIEPTS.

• Do
      22nd of Apr, 2008

I love shopping at Kmart's and really could use a free kmart gift card my experience at kmart's on 34th Street in my Manhattan was great it was also great on April 3rd when I caught the train here in Asbury Park and decided to go to Manhattan to get my hair fixed at the New York InterNational Beauty Salon where doesn't cost so much because student do your hair.

• Al
      3rd of May, 2008

i want to see if any one has ever won.i wan a shopping trip from walmart it was a 500. one.i try all the time to enter this one and it never works.

3rd of May, 2008

I have been searching for the "kmartfeedback.com" site and I couldn't find it either...I can't believe that so many of us can't find it, Something is wrong with this!! Or is it (US) your customers??? I recall, shopping with my parents(in the 70's) The "Bule light specials", great prices, values, and those yummy subs you offered in your deli/snackbar. ALL your employees, were more than happy to help. Back when you were "The only Mart" Now I get more info., help, direction, better service, quality and prices at the "new mart"( WalMart) They say what they mean and mean what they say...lowest cost, best value, and most of all...they are there for me when I have questions(and they have answers) I guess the only thing left to say is, I still miss the "Original Mart...K MART"
    Steve Young

• Ca
      12th of May, 2008

todo esta bien y las ofertas de joyas buenas, solo que se terminan muy pronto

• La
      13th of May, 2008

I was writing to let no that my experience at Kmart has gone well I love shopping there the assciotates are very kind and helpful. Thank You and keep up the great work here's my receipt #04760 050908 010 02617

• Je
      14th of May, 2008

i don't know what you are looking at, but i put the address in and am completing the survey now.

chekck your spelling maybe?

• Je
      14th of May, 2008

How do you not see this? I have gone to the website fifteen times today and it comes up the same, the survery website that you are apparently not finding... how do you not see this? Check your spelling or something.

• El
      2nd of Jun, 2008

I have read all complaints and agree this is so wrong to do the consumers this way after all without us you all would suffer so let us sink bottom. Kmart you are liable to replace this false ad to the consumers who have tried hard to get in this website. If i was martha stewart and J.Smith i would invesigate this situation> They are two lovely women and don't think they will like it.good day!

7th of Jun, 2008

Why would you advertise for a contest, and when you go to your website, it's not there? When I typed in www.kmart.com/dadanddale, it came up did you mean dadanddave. No I was not looking for dad and dave, I WAS LOOKING FOR DAD AND DALE.