Kmart / misleading advertisement!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I noticed the ad for Kmart's jewelry sale, which states up to 70% off items. Unfortunately, when I arrived, they said that "incredible buys" were excluded. Well, that was fine. Then, I noticed a case that revolves around and displayed earrings in the locked case. I inquired about a pair. The associate said it would be around $15.00 (due to the red-tag sale). When she rang it up, it came to the original listed price. Then, she called in the jewelry supervisor who had absolutely no customer service at all. The supervisor then said that it was "regular price, meaning in the real world. Why would we sell real fine jewelry for $15.00?"

What irks me the most is that the red tag sale implies on all items (except for the "incredible buys). The jewelry supervisor stated that it was "70% off regular price." To me "regular price" insinuates the listed price on item, in this case $49.99. Thus, K-mart is misleading the consumer. They should say "ALREADY reduced 70% off." The former ("70% off regular price" implies that the reduction will still be applied when the item is ready to be checked out).

Te
Sort by: Date | UpRating

Comments

• Mi
      9th of Sep, 2008

this contest does not work. I think that Kmart dont care about us shoppers that keeps there stores in business. I have tried to enter alot of times and it doesnt work. So i just gave up but any ways this is the store #7426 and this is my receipt#07426090808031966991. Please enter me.

• Mi
      9th of Sep, 2008

I have tried atleast 5x a week to get on this feedback but it dont exsist . This e-mail address just wants you to get a credit card but this is my sore #7426. and this is my receit#0742609080803196991.When Kmart figures out there promotion please enter me.

• Al
      22nd of Nov, 2007

You should have an easier way to get to your survey. I visited store 4807 in Bear, De. It seems to have gone done hill since John Murry has left!!! Is there something to this??

• Su
      22nd of Nov, 2007

It seems that I am not the only one to complain about the kmartfeedback survey. Will we hear from you within 7 days? I love shopping at kmart but this is not good for the rep.

• Ci
      22nd of Nov, 2007

I too have tried to respond to the survey request on the bottom of my receipt with no success. I also went to buy 2 grapevine reindeer tonight that had a sign posted for $14.99. They rang up at $39.99 each. When I explained that their was a sign listing them at $14.99 the salesperson became argumentative and rude to me. She never checked the sign or offered to call management. I left the reindeer at the store.

• Eb

Everything was good.

• Ta
      22nd of Nov, 2007

This is my first time applying to the feedback context and it wasn't a bad one.

• Be

I was at tkmart store 4196 not one time did the clerk
    acknowledge we were at his reseter he kept talking to the person next to him it was rude and I guest I will not be back at that store again and also were is your website for the CHANCE FOR 2,500 OR DO I NEED TO CALL SOMEONE ELSE AND ON TOP OF THAT I AM GOING TO RETURN ALL MY MERCHANDISE BACK TO THIS STORE AND SHOP SOME WERE ELSE.

• Po
      23rd of Nov, 2007

went to kmart. never again. I spent a easy 400. You can see the monitar when your checking out. so you cant see what you are paying for things. So i have to wait to get in my car... Sure enough over charged..bought a jacket sopposed to be 50% off .nope full price.. I would of never bought it... Okay and what a scam about the feedback...

• Bh
      23rd of Nov, 2007

SAME - - Finally gave up trying to access Kmartfeedback.com. It seems to be a phantom site.
    OR SHOULD I SAY-- BAH HUMBUG!! ?

• Ru
      23rd of Nov, 2007

First, I have attempted to participate in the kmartfeedback.com and to register for the $2,500 Kmart gift card, but as with the others, I have found no survey. So, I can only guess that like the sale I attended today where there was a Craftsman drill (19.5 volt) on sale for $39.00 that it's only a joke. As with the drill that was on sale, neither exist. It is extremely disappointing to make the effort to buy a Christmas gift that is truly wanted and advertised only to find out that the store goods are totally being misrepresented, as well as, the sales prices.

21st of Nov, 2007

The guy at lay-a-way was kind of snappy as I was putting in my lay-a-way. He practically slung a shirt at me that I didn't notice was on clearance. But, the cashier up front was as nice as could be. You need more employees like her. Also, I was told on my receipt I;d have a chance at wining a $2500 giftcard for completing a survey. I never could find the survey.

• De
      30th of Nov, 2007

kmartfeedback.com site doesn't exist!

• Ki
      20th of Nov, 2007

Kmart is the worst store to shop in Phila. and surrounding areas. They advertise items on sale and when you go to the store it's never their. It's always on the truck coming in next day is what I'm told. Also the help in customer service is the worst too. I can't say anything about Kmart at all.

• Di
      22nd of Nov, 2007

I had a pleasant experience shopping at K-Mart. Just had to wait in line a while because only 2 check outs were open when about 10 people standing in each line.

• Ke
      21st of Nov, 2007

I understand what this customer has gone through, but my question is on my register receipt. There is a chance to win a $2.500 Kmart gift card, but I'll be dam I CAN'T find this website, kmartfeedback.com that is on my receipt. Advise smb!

• Pa
      21st of Nov, 2007

I have just "tried" K-Mart again, and I am once again disappointed. The receipt has an address/ website that I could possibly win a $2500 gift card by registering online. True to form K-Mart disappoints, I rarely complain and I only spend my time complaining here because it will probably be my last time shopping at K-Mart. I have never been able to get an advertised "great sale" when I go into any K-Mart. Just two days ago, 11-19-07, I finally got 1 of 2 remaining comforter sets , king size, in blue ( the only color left, and not my desired choice) and when I asked for any chance to get a green, beige or white comforter set, I was given a strange look and a probable "NO". K-Mart never has enough stock, or variety, and I am told by one employee that the employees usually scoop up the "deals" first, but thats O.K. because I still have Target, Wal-mart and Kohl's nearby, and I am probably going to return the BLUE comforter set, and wait for one of the other competing stores to carry a competing item. Shopping at K-Mart is a tainted experience.

• Ho
      21st of Nov, 2007

I am also have a hard time finding kmartfeedback.com what if anything am I doing wrong... Thank you.

• Gu
      21st of Nov, 2007

I have a complaint. I tried to get to kmartfeedback.com and can not get it. WHY!!!

• Rh
      21st of Nov, 2007

I tried to do the survey and all I could find was this complaint board. What does Kmart want people to only complain about them or is this false advertisement. So where is the $2500.00 really at.