Kmart / misleading advertisement!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I noticed the ad for Kmart's jewelry sale, which states up to 70% off items. Unfortunately, when I arrived, they said that "incredible buys" were excluded. Well, that was fine. Then, I noticed a case that revolves around and displayed earrings in the locked case. I inquired about a pair. The associate said it would be around $15.00 (due to the red-tag sale). When she rang it up, it came to the original listed price. Then, she called in the jewelry supervisor who had absolutely no customer service at all. The supervisor then said that it was "regular price, meaning in the real world. Why would we sell real fine jewelry for $15.00?"

What irks me the most is that the red tag sale implies on all items (except for the "incredible buys). The jewelry supervisor stated that it was "70% off regular price." To me "regular price" insinuates the listed price on item, in this case $49.99. Thus, K-mart is misleading the consumer. They should say "ALREADY reduced 70% off." The former ("70% off regular price" implies that the reduction will still be applied when the item is ready to be checked out).

Te
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Rr
      25th of Aug, 2016
    Kmart - Employee/Cashier/Manager
    KMART
    Hawthorne
    California
    Phone: 3102726493

On or about 10:33 am, April 14, 2011, I was at KMART Hawthorne in California. I was about to pay for my purchases at the counter when the Lady Cashier (not sure if she is a Mexican or Latina or Hispanic) said that she has closed her register and directed me to another Cashier (where the line was long). As I was walking to the other opened register, I noticed two customers came to the same register where I left and the Lady Cashier entertained them considering that the customers where of the same race as the Lady Cashier. I was so shocked and made a complaint to the store manager, who was also of the same race. Both the Lady Cashier and Manager shrugged off their shoulders and laughed. I was so embarrassed and humiliated by this incident as this is an issue of RACISM. Now, I am calling your attention to this incident because I firmly believe that your rules and regulations should apply to ALL regardless of race, name, sex.

Please do something about this incident and I like to hear from you soon.

Ms. R. Rice

• Ta
      18th of Aug, 2016
    Kmart - Online double killing
    Kmart.com

I placed an order online with KMart, and one of the products was from Sears. I paid via PayPal, and was billed for the total order (products from both KMart and Sears) with the payment being made to KMart, and was additionally billed for just the Sears item with that payment going to Sears. I immediately called KMart and customer service said that a refund would be forthcoming. No refund ever came, so I called again -- and was told that it is not normal business practice and she (Morgan) would ensure the refund. This was on 3/17/10. I never got the refund. I called again and was told that the request had inadvertantly been forwarded to a bad order file and that it would be resubmitted. It was never resubmitted. I called again and spoke with an online case worker, Josephine, who forwarded me to her manager, Danielle, and was told it would again be expedited and would be completed no later than 4/20/10. Today, 4/20/10, I called and there is no record of it. DO NOT USE THIS ONLINE SERVICE. The tell you what you want to hear in the hopes you will forget about it. I am furious and am contemplating legal action for no other reason than their representations are pure fraud.

18th of Aug, 2016
    Kmart - Bad customer serivce
    Kmart Corporation
    6767 W. Bell Road
    Glendale
    Arizona
    Phone: 623-412-2539

Tracy was the rudest cashier I have ever encountered. She used profanities in fron of my son and [censor]ed and moaned about having to start checking when she wasn't ready. She made us wait 5 minutes while she argued with her manager John who didn't do anything about it.

My shoes rang up wrong and when I went to customer service and talked to John he proceeded to tell me I was wrong and didn't understand the sign. I told him his own employee told me the price and even went as far as telling me to stock up becuse there such a great deal. He didn't care he just told the employee, "watch what you say to "these" customers". He didn't even give me the price that the sign said or what the employee told the price was.

When I told John about Tracy swearing and waiting for so long and having to hear her gripe rigning up customers he said, "oh sorry about that".. Wow.. never had such horrible service..

• Lk
      12th of Aug, 2016
    Kmart - False accusation
    Lorain
    Ohio

My daughters and i were shopping at the store today, 07 / 03 / 09. They bought a bathing suit and tried on a pair of flip flops but put them back on the shelf.
    When we got to the register the cashier asked where the ticket was for the shoes they switched out. First of all, they put the shoes back on the shelf, secondly security needs to get their eyes checked. We were publicly humiliated and harassed. This went on the whole time we were in the checkout. Security kept calling up to the register.
    If this is what they do, falsely accuse and publicly humiliate then you deserve to be put out of business by Walmart.
    My son in law is a lawyer and we are going to see what we can to to tile a lawsuit for publicly defacing our character and humiliating us and also for false accusations.
    They need to get their information right and facts correct!!!

• Mr
      12th of Aug, 2016
    Kmart - Charged to much $
    Kmart # 3379
    5100 dixie Hwy.
    Waterford
    Michigan
    Phone: 248-674-2236

Bought 2 containers of Wessons Canola oil and was charged $5.49 each and found out Kroger selling it for more than $2.00 each. I called customer service and was told "thats our price, you should know what things cost.Did'nt like the answer or getting ripped off.No more Kmart for me.

• Lo
      15th of Jun, 2016
    Kmart - Rude clerk!
    KMart
    1815 21 st Street
    Lewiston
    Idaho
    Phone: (08) 743-4587

Cashier Chris was very rude from the beginning of the transaction to the end. I had a $10.00 off coupon to use toward my purchase if I used my Sears card. She picked it up and very snottily told me that in order to use the coupon I had to put my purchases on my Sears card. I was not ignorant of the requirements to use the coupon and I did not appreciate her comments. She also was the one who looked right at the sale tags and overcharged me for the products anyway. There are many people who are looking for jobs, and let me tell you, they can probably do a much better job than she did.

• Oh

Are you ###ed??

• Fr
      14th of Jun, 2016

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I WAS AT KMART MONDAY 2/28/10.I WAS SHOPPING FOR LUGGAGE, I FOUND THE LUGGAGE I LIKED AND PUT IT IN THE BASKET, AS I WAS SHOPPING I SAW YOU HAD FLOOR RUGS ON SALE, SO I PURCHASED A LARGE FLOOR RUG AND A RUNNER RUG...THERE WERE OTHER ITEMS I SAW AND PURCHASED SOME BEAUTY SUPPLIES.I COULDN'T PUSH THE BASKET, IT WAS GOING ONE WAY, AND I WAS GOING ANOTHER AND NO ONE HELPED ME WITH THIS AS I MADE MY WAY TO THE CHECK-OUT STAND THE CASHIER SAW ME IN TROUBLE AND SHE RUSHED TO HELP ME AND GAVE ME ANOTHER BASKET..I'VE BEEN IN KMART SINCE I WAS A LITTLE GIRL, I'AM NOW A SENIOR CITIZEN THANK-YOU FREDDIE DIANA KELLEY

• Fr
    Kmart - SHOPPING BASKETS
    KMART
    BELLFLOWER
    Georgia

• Ca
      13th of Jun, 2016

Why didn't you post my comment? Did I forget to do something to get it submitted??

Dirty Tricks!

This had to do with an online order through K-Mart. I ordered on sale, the Sony Bravia 26" t.v. that was on sale for $550 right after Thanksgiving. I ordered it when it was still in stock then. They changed the date of my order, number one. Then they told me it would be delivered, which would now be 1 or 2 more days--only for me to receive a message TODAY that they were cancelling my order altogether because it's out of stock now! but they would credit my credit card. (I sure hope so!) and to check for other deals on their site. Yeah, right!

On their site, the t.v. is now listed for $699, about $150 more, but they're out of stock--temporarily, they say--and to email them if one wants to know when they're available again--except they didn't even offer me that in their message to me! Not only that, by clicking on the t.v., it says something like "pricing subject to change." So guess what? If they get it in again, I would probably have to pay the higher price now, and, instead of the free shipment I had then, pay that, too.
    That is DIRTY, dirty tricks! I should have a right somewhere here!

Carol

13th of Jun, 2016

I had no problem finding and entering Kmarts contest! try this link

• Gw
    Kmart - No feedback web site found
    Kmart
    Staten Island
    New York
    kmartfeedback.com

I tried to access the Kmart feedback.com web site to enter the contest 2,500 gift card website, and there is no such web site, this was very disappointing and very bad for business.

• Se
      23rd of Aug, 2015
    Kmart - Kmart Online Customer Service
    3333 Beverly Road
    hoffman estates
    kmart.com

I placed an online order on July 29th for quantity 2 two inch blinds order 950600241. I received an order from Kmart that UPS notified them my order was delayed. I tracked the package and it was sitting in Horsham, PA since 8/3. On August 7th I notified UPS online by submitting a claim to find out the status. UPS called me that night and advised me it would be investigated that same night. I also spoke to Richmond via chat and explained my situation. He advised he would get his shipping department involved and offered a 10% discount refund. Richmond explained I would get an order status in 3-5 days. I specifically asked when would I get my refund and he said if the order is not fulfilled in 3-5 days. I received an email from Maria in customer service that a tracer was put on the order which could take 8-10 BUSINESS days. If the order could not be found a UPS claim would be filed and I would receive a refund. I spoke to Donald 8/11 which is probably the worst customer service experience I have ever received. Donald ignored my request and I had to ask to speak to a supervisor multiple times. I requested a refund and to have the item resent. He repeatedly kept saying he knew I was frustrated and not to worry I would get my money in 8-10 DAYS. I kept being told I would have to wait 8-10 days yet the email said 8 to 10 BUSINESS days. Finally, he put James a supervisor on the phone after I asked about several times for someone else. James claimed I was refunded on 8/9 for the order. I explained that I wasted my entire time speaking to Donald and now I am being he is telling me I was already issued a refund. I questioned his response explaining on 8/9 I was told I would have to wait for a refund. Meanwhile, while speaking to him via chat I called customer service via phone and spoke to a supervisor Paige who said their policy is to issue a tracer and until its completed that's when they can issue a refund. I told her I was on chat with James who said I was refunded she said no I was only refunded the 10% discount. I told James I was on the phone with Paige and a refund was not issued . James disconnected the chat without ending the chat because he knew he was lying. I asked to speak to Paige supervisor and she told me everyone was on the phone and someone could call me back within 2 hours. I explained I wanted my money back multiple times and I wanted to speak to someone else. She said she could put me on hold for 2 hours until a supervisor is available and asked would that work for me. I told her she was being sarcastic and I never ordered from a company who provided such service. If you order an item and its confirmed by the shipper and carrier the order is lost a refund is issued. Her only response was I had to wait. I requested a full refund for my order and Kmart needs to reevaluate their "customer service" standards and refund policy when it comes to lost orders. I could have experienced less hassle by walking into the store, yet I have to wait almost another month for this to be resolved so YOU can confirm the order is lost so you are technically reimbursed by the carrier before you can reimburse me. I will never order from your company again as this service has absolutely been horrendous. I was told different information by two different people and your supervisor lied about my refund and abruptly ended our chat. In addition, no one ever returned my call! On 8/19 I was issued a refund but not for the entire order.I was told it was a rare system issue and since it was through paypal I would receive a response by 8/21. On 8/23 I was told via email that I would get the difference I was owed by 9/5. I placed my order in July! I reached out to kmart online chat for customer service whom never seems to listen to your concerns only offered me a 10% discount on my next order. I explained this was unacceptable considering all the hell I have been through with this company. I can find a 10% coupon code online!

• Re
      20th of Aug, 2015
    Kmart - False advertizing
    Waupaca

The sign said 25% off Basic Editions on the clothing rack. When I got to the register I was told that it does not pertain to items ending in
    98 cents. That is plain stupid and misleading.
    I have to watch every transaction at Kmart to be sure I am not overcharged, from items in the wrong place to signs not down to the registers not having the right price entered. Then you get half a tree with your receipt. Dumb.

• Ta
      30th of Apr, 2015
    Kmart - Survey submission
    Why Not Lease It
    Jacksonville

I wanted to get a TV for my husband so I saw a huge sign in front of Kmart that said "Why Not Lease It". I got the TV and a long receipt showing my payment schedule (5 payments) and they said "here is your payment schedule" and NOTHING was explained to me. I found out late the 5 payments are just completing the "first Half" of my Why Not Lease It agreement. Maybe I should've read the receipt that was a mile long, but if Kmart is connecting with Why not lease it, they should explain it in detail to those new to this. I had no idea I would have to buy out the product or rent for another 18 months. It's rediculous! I got a TV on sale for $500 and will now pay much more than it's worth. I thought I was getting a good deal.

• Sh
      24th of Aug, 2014

I was in your store in Dickson City PA. Saturday 23 and I bought a Wind Spinner and two LDS Knit tops that were on sale 50% off the lowest price. When I got home I saw on my slip I was over charged. The wind Spinner was not on sale any more but the sale sign was still up and they charged me the full price. So I went back up and they had to give me the different s back of 4.45 that was not bad enough when I looked at the tops I found I was over charged by .50 cents they were the same tops only different colors. It would cost me more in gas to go back. Some one is not doing there job. My husband works to hard for the money to be ripped off by some careless worker. That is why your store is not doing so good. I use to like the store but not anymore. I will stop going there any more.

• Er
      12th of Feb, 2014
    Kmart - rude help
    Winona

There was no one to ring me up. I had 1 thing so I went to the customer service desk and asked if I could pay for it there. She rolled her eyes, leg out a gasp of air and then ignored me when I said I could go look for someone else. Very rude and I'm not one to complain about the service I get but that was just terrible. It'll make me second guess ever Walking into kmart again

• Ca
      18th of Jan, 2014

Very disappointed with product, souls fell off after less than a month of wear under normal wear. Not worn for construction type use.

• Ra
      22nd of Dec, 2013
    Kmart - pricing and discourt
    1501 US 1
    Vero Beach
    Phone: 7725627801

Sunday ad/ all watches $12.99 and up 25% off...I selected embasyy watch, priced by signage $12.99...store manage would not give discount /Estamos Esucahando, , because price of $12.99 supposedly was from week before and no one took the sign down.The store lost the sale of several other items. and the attention of all the other customer shopping for and additional $3. discoupnt. The store manager was nasty and rude and would not give the discount, needles to say I will never shop in this store again. I don't place there store signage or pricing, but to lose a customer or customers for $3. today is insane. We all know K Mart certainly is no leader in todays marketplace, now I know why. Thank you, a very dissatisfied customer who also worked reatail in much better stores, thank goodness.

• To
      23rd of Nov, 2012

no we not going for mother of the ear award we are not strippers and sell bodys what made you think that also we only left her in parking lot for our.