Kmart / misleading advertisement!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I noticed the ad for Kmart's jewelry sale, which states up to 70% off items. Unfortunately, when I arrived, they said that "incredible buys" were excluded. Well, that was fine. Then, I noticed a case that revolves around and displayed earrings in the locked case. I inquired about a pair. The associate said it would be around $15.00 (due to the red-tag sale). When she rang it up, it came to the original listed price. Then, she called in the jewelry supervisor who had absolutely no customer service at all. The supervisor then said that it was "regular price, meaning in the real world. Why would we sell real fine jewelry for $15.00?"

What irks me the most is that the red tag sale implies on all items (except for the "incredible buys). The jewelry supervisor stated that it was "70% off regular price." To me "regular price" insinuates the listed price on item, in this case $49.99. Thus, K-mart is misleading the consumer. They should say "ALREADY reduced 70% off." The former ("70% off regular price" implies that the reduction will still be applied when the item is ready to be checked out).

Te

Comments

• Pa
      25th of Mar, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    www.kmartfeedback.com

No confirmation my info received: questions about getting info on various products and online questionnaires-not necessary.

• Su
      25th of Mar, 2008
    Fall River
    Massachusetts
    www.kmartfeedback.com

I also visited Kmart and received a receipt stating take a survey and you can win $2500.00. Can not log into website. It seems it does not exist.

• Ro
      29th of Mar, 2008
    Kmart - WAITING
    Maysville, Ky. 41056
    Maysville
    Kentucky
    Phone: (606) 759-7158

I have always done most of my shopping at Kmart here in maysville, Ky. 41056, even after our Walmart store opened here (because Kmart is a few miles closer to my home than Walmart is). But today will more than likely be my last visit to Kmart. It took me about 4 to 5 minutes for me to pickup 6 items of food for my cat and then I stood in line to be checked out for 38 minutes. There was one employee at the courtesy counter (in which several were waiting in line there waiting to be checked out) and out of the TEN CHECKOUT LANES (ONLY ONE WAS OPEN). This being on a Saturday made it even worse because of more shoppers being out. This by far is not the first time that it has taken me 4 to 5 times as long to get checked out as it takes me to do my shopping. 99.9% of the time there is only one checkout lain open. I have heard several other folks complain about this when we are standing & waiting in a long line. THIS IS JUST NOT A GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICE FOR A STORE THAT WANTS MUCH BUSINESS & I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.

31st of Mar, 2008

kmartfeedback.com is up and running. I just used it.

31st of Mar, 2008

The site is up and running. I just used it.

• La
      2nd of Apr, 2008

To be eligeable for a $2, 500 Kmart gift card you need to fill out feedback on website. I have searched and searched and there is NO website. What is up with that Kmart??? I have not shopped there in a long time and now I WON'T go back. Not good business!!

6th of Apr, 2008

Bogus web site!!!

7th of Apr, 2008

I THINK THAT KMART SHOULD NOT GIVE OUT FALSE INFORMATION ABOUT SURVEYS THAT DO NOT EXCIST AND YOU CAN NOT GET THEM ON YOUR COMPUTERS THEY ARE DOING THERE PART OF WHAT THEY SAY ON THERE RECIEPTS.

9th of Apr, 2008

I have been happy with services given to me at the near by Kmart! Beavercreek Ohio-45440 here is my receipt number #03407 032308 008 79051.

• Ke
      11th of Apr, 2008
    900 N.Miami Beach Blvd.
    N.Miami Beach
    Florida
    Phone: 305944-1681
    www.kmartfeedback.com

Offer/ tell us about your experience and you could win a $2500 gift card. kmartfeedback.com. To complete survey you will need your 19 digit receipt number. Never asked for receipt # or was kmart mentioned at kmartfeedback.com.

Total scam!!! I spent $150.00 on 2 prescriptions and will be looking for a new pharmacy four my 4 refills of each.

• Ba
      17th of Apr, 2008
    4841 Arendell St
    Morehead City
    North Carolina
    Phone: 252-247-2600
    kmart.com

Another complaint on the $2, 500 Kmart gift card. I have tried every which way to find this nonexistent website for months. Have no problem with the Walmart survey. Goes right to the website. If Kmart is advertising that it values your feedback then they should have the website available. With all of these complaints why hasn't Kmart responded and set the site up or is it a scam.

• Ba
      17th of Apr, 2008

I did find the website for Kmartfeedback.com. By reading other complaints I found that you have to use Google search in order to get to the survey. You can not find it using Yahoo or mywebsearch. Kmart needs to state on the reciepts to use Google to get to this site.

• Ca
      20th of Apr, 2008
    Phone: 787-824-5120

I just shop at Kmart on 4/19/08 and on my receipt it stated to take a survey on line within 7 days of purchase at kmartfeedback.com nothing came up I reside in Puerto Rico so the false advertisment has come a long way even in the carribean!!!

• Do
      22nd of Apr, 2008

I love shopping at Kmart's and really could use a free kmart gift card my experience at kmart's on 34th Street in my Manhattan was great it was also great on April 3rd when I caught the train here in Asbury Park and decided to go to Manhattan to get my hair fixed at the New York InterNational Beauty Salon where doesn't cost so much because student do your hair.

• La
      23rd of Apr, 2008
    Kmart - $2500.00 Kmart scam
    Kmart Feedback com
    Morganton
    North Carolina
    kmartfeedback.com

Site does not exist for enetering. The entire Kmart chain must be experiencing chaos & confusion. The store in this small town is in total chaos every time I shop there. No price is ever correct - you have to re-check every item to avoid being over-charged. The cashier actually told me when an item is on sale for 2 for $5.00, you must buy 2 or you can't get one for $2.50!! Later that same day, I stopped in and purchased the item and it was marked $2.50! Ridiculous. This store is just waiting to close.

• Ca
      28th of Apr, 2008
    Wisconsin

went on to kmartfeedback.com to submit my feedback and enter in a $2500.000 giftcard drawing and found no such website exists. Kmart should be reprimanded for this!

• Ol
      2nd of May, 2008

It's very misleading. It states "tell us about your experience & you could win $2, 500 Kmart gift card" All it is, is for you to join A LOT of various survey groups. There was no area to compliment or complain about your visit with Kmart.

2nd of May, 2008
    K Mart
    2220 N. Grimes St.
    Hobbs
    New Mexico
    Phone: 505-3973587
    kmart.com

I continue to get registers receipts that state they want a feedback and offer a prize; however, I have not found such an address on the web.

• Al
      3rd of May, 2008

i want to see if any one has ever won.i wan a shopping trip from walmart it was a 500. one.i try all the time to enter this one and it never works.

• St
      3rd of May, 2008

I have been searching for the "kmartfeedback.com" site and I couldn't find it either...I can't believe that so many of us can't find it, Something is wrong with this!! Or is it (US) your customers??? I recall, shopping with my parents(in the 70's) The "Bule light specials", great prices, values, and those yummy subs you offered in your deli/snackbar. ALL your employees, were more than happy to help. Back when you were "The only Mart" Now I get more info., help, direction, better service, quality and prices at the "new mart"( WalMart) They say what they mean and mean what they say...lowest cost, best value, and most of all...they are there for me when I have questions(and they have answers) I guess the only thing left to say is, I still miss the "Original Mart...K MART"
    Steve Young