Kmart / misleading advertisement!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I noticed the ad for Kmart's jewelry sale, which states up to 70% off items. Unfortunately, when I arrived, they said that "incredible buys" were excluded. Well, that was fine. Then, I noticed a case that revolves around and displayed earrings in the locked case. I inquired about a pair. The associate said it would be around $15.00 (due to the red-tag sale). When she rang it up, it came to the original listed price. Then, she called in the jewelry supervisor who had absolutely no customer service at all. The supervisor then said that it was "regular price, meaning in the real world. Why would we sell real fine jewelry for $15.00?"

What irks me the most is that the red tag sale implies on all items (except for the "incredible buys). The jewelry supervisor stated that it was "70% off regular price." To me "regular price" insinuates the listed price on item, in this case $49.99. Thus, K-mart is misleading the consumer. They should say "ALREADY reduced 70% off." The former ("70% off regular price" implies that the reduction will still be applied when the item is ready to be checked out).

Te

Comments

• Di
      1st of Jan, 2008
    Kmart - Items not received!
    Homewood
    Illinois
    Phone: 708 922-1500

I shopped at the above identified store, on 12/30/07 at 3:19 p.m. I purchased a couple of items including a meat & cheese tray for a New Year's celebration at my church. The cashier, (Charissee) appeared to be in a bit of a hurry and neglected to fully spend the carosel, causing one item (meat & cheese tray) to be left behind. I do not live near the Homewood store and was unable to return to pick-up the item. I did not have this item for the celebration at my church.

• Su
      2nd of Jan, 2008

First thing I noticed recently is the lack of heat in the building. Someones dialing down. Next I have to wrangle at the cash register to get my sales price. They always want to charge full price. GOTTA WATCH!!! Then, I wanted to purchase cigarettes for my husband and was told they lost the key to the cigarette cabnet. Then I was wanting to purchase a TV in applicnces. I waited forever for someone to help me, there was no one available. Then again in electronics, I wanted to purchase some games for the Play Station 2. I went to customer service only to be told the electronics guy wasn't available, he was outside collecting shopping carts.....I waited and waited..finally when he did run back to electronics, I was told he lost the key to the cabnet. Suprise Suprise......Convienent excuse for everything lately. These were all separate occacions. Next, I was buying hair products and thought the boxes felt lighter than usual so I looked inside. Boxes were empty. 3 or 4 boxes on the shelf for sale totally empty. What the hell. Now get through the line at the register. Yea thats another project in itself. The party store has more cash registers open then Kmart. Not to mention that of the 3 open registers, every one of them was having pricing issues. They were running with garbage cans to the back looking for prices in the line I was in. Then the last straw.....Everyone was impatient in the line and some woman comes up to me and says she was in the line before I was and I took her spot. Now come on I'm not blind, I don't just cut in front of someone. I knew she was lieing, but know what I let her go because I had had enough and was already thinking about getting out of there anyway because I was tired of waiting as well. I left my cart in line and walked out. I went to Walgreens instead. I even saved money...In the last 3 months, Kmart has lost many many of my own sales. Wonder if the truth be told how many they really have lost with everyone shopping there or trying to anyway. I won't be back thats for sure.

• Li
      6th of Jan, 2008
    Kmart - webb site non-existant
    Herkimer
    Phone: 315 866-4910
    kmartfeedback.com

There is supposed to be a sweepstakes that you can sign up to win $2500. Several complaints are all I found.

• Sc
      6th of Jan, 2008

The website works, just go to the website, if it still doesn't work try this website:

Pablo

• De
      12th of Jan, 2008
    Kmart - Terrible experience!
    lewiston
    Hawaii
    Phone: 208-743-4587

I was given a pair of p.j.s for christmas as a gift and they weren't the right size and I tried to return them, I really liked the p.j.s so I went to trade them but they had no others so they told me that they could issue me a gift card and that was just fine to me because I would spend it there anyway probably more then I was told that they could only give me back $9.00 credit when the tags were still on the garment that said 21 something because I didn't have a receipt and I explained about being a gift and that is why the tags were left on but they said to bad. I was very mad about this for as I said all plus would have been spent right back in there store but as it turns out I gave the gift card to a friend and I will never spend another cent in their store its not like there isn't all the rest of that kind of store is not here I do not have to go back there so they lost my business but the persons that bought my gift there and everyone I have come in contact with I have told them what a rip-off kmart is and what I thought of them and they may not lose all of their business but I'm sure that their are other people that won't shop there because of this instance and I don't believe they can afford to lose one persons business little own several other.

• Je
      3rd of Feb, 2008

Unable to see what I was being charged for each item at the checkout station.Asked cashier for cost of each item being scanned and that lasted for 3 items with a dozen more to follow. What is needed is a bigger display so that the customer can see what they are being charged.

• Ha
      7th of Feb, 2008
    20777 bear valley rd
    Apple Valley
    California
    Phone: 760 2401488
    www.kmartfeedback.com

They want us to answer a feedback questions on their website for a chance to win $2,500 kmart gift card, 7 days of date of purchase, but there is no website!!!

Thats no good!!!

16th of Feb, 2008
    Kmart - Product not as advertised!
    Kmart

I bought my wife a created ruby and diamond ring for Valintine's Day. The ad said it was size 7, but we could exchange it for a size 4.5 th 10. Today she took the ring back to order a size 6. After one hour at Customer Service Desk, she was told that they couldn't do anything because they couldn't find the number in the "book"--?!?! So she returned the ring for a refund and now she is most unhappy and so am I. The product # 05349800283 10KY Love Ring A-$79.99.

We feel that this just poor business!! Walmart's customer service is far better than what you've demonstrated.

18th of Feb, 2008

I did get onto the website for Kmartfeedback.com. I wish I hadn't. buy or else. A variation of the old bait and switch game.

• Ra
      9th of Mar, 2008

kmart has failed again, i went to the kmartfeedback.com to do the survey, but i would like to know where is it? this is why they failed so bad, i think i'll go to kmart one more time to let them know about there lying receipt and that they just lost me, i'll never go back to kmart if i had to.

• Ga
      11th of Mar, 2008
    Brecksville
    Ohio
    Phone: 440-465-5838
    www.Kmartfeedback.com

Tell us about your experience and you could win $2, 500 Kmart gift card. "kmartfeedback.com" does not exist so here is another company that's out to scam everyone.

• Br
      12th of Mar, 2008
    Kmart - First day on sale with none on the shelf!
    3202 Piedmont Ave.
    Duluth
    Minnesota

We took our grandson to two of your stores the day after receiving your flyer. He was very disappointed that neither store had Spiderman 3 in stock even though it was clearly shown on the ad. Please do not run an ad without checking your inventory first and sending at least some to each store!!! Very disappointed since I shop at Kmart very frequently since moving to the area. Maybe not as much now.

• Gr
      13th of Mar, 2008

No web site to register, why do they do that?

• Gr
      13th of Mar, 2008

Why do they do that,it's not there and a big waste of my time. I'm very unhappy about that. No website and false advertising.

• St
      15th of Mar, 2008

Kmart continues to fail its costomers: on my receipt is ststed that if I online to kmartfeedback ,and fill out a survey,I can win a shopping card for 2500$ .well,to no surprize ,there is no survey.Finally after thirty years of shopping the stoe in Sheridan Wyoming....I am done. No more kmart for me.Kmart is sinking while nothing is being done about it. Good bye kmart

• St
      15th of Mar, 2008

kmart continues to disapoint its few remaining costomers. What is so difficult about costomer service,a varity of products ans a genuine survey give-away of a shopping card? Is there any one in the management of Kmart who cares about the failure of the companies stores??? I;ve had it Im done :thirty years of patronage down the toilet (not the plugged up dirty ones in the stores)Ok kmart walmart is much closer to my home. Im going to relax in a light weight walmart recliner while I monitor the demise of kmart/Sears. Happy failure to you,,,,kmart

• Ka
    Kmart - employes
    easley
    Phone: hwy 123 bypass
    kmartfeedback.com

EVERY TIME I GO IN THAT PLACE. THEY DON'T HAVE WHAT IS ADVERTIZED OR THE SALESLADY IS RUDE. I WAS IN THERE LAST NIGHT.FIRST I AM NOT AGAINST ELDERLY PEOPLE WORKING BUT THIS LADY COULDN'T THE UPC CODE ON A PAIR OF BOXER, AND THE LADY PUTTING THE MERCHANDISE N THE BAG COULD'T HELP WITH THE CODE BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T HAVE HER GLASSES WITH HER THEY ASKED THE CUSTOMER TO GO GET ONE WITH A BOX SO THEY LET HER GO.I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT WAS THE CLERKS JOB NOT THE CUSTMORE. AND ON THE OTHER REGISTER THAT WAS OPEN THERE WAS A YOUNG LADY THE WAS CHOPPING ON HER GUM SO HARD SHE WAS SMACKING. I GET MAD EVERY TIME I GO IN THERE, I GO IN WITH AN OPEN MIND AND WANT TO HAVE A GOOD EXPERICENE THIS TIME.BUT I AM GOING TO TELL EVERY ONE ABOUT WHAT WE WENT INTO AND TELL THEM TO STAY AWAY FROM KMART. OH YES THE GIRL AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS COMPLAING ABOUT IT WAS ONLY 8OCLOCK AND SHE WISH IT WOULD HURRY UP AND GET TIME TO LEAVE.

• Lo
      16th of Mar, 2008

Well was just at the Kmart store not my choice, and another kmartfeedback to win $2500 again March 14, 2008 AND I so agree there is no such web site. Plus your employees are in need of a dress code and so manners.

• Li
      20th of Mar, 2008
    Kmart - Fraud and scam!
    1601 Highway 40 East
    Kingsland
    Phone: (912) 729-6116
    www.kmartfeedback.com

I spent $60.60 at this Kmart today and was given a receipt with a code on it to register for a chance to win a $2, 500 Kmart gift card. This is a false advertisement and I intend to contact the newspaper and local television and talk to the "consumer's beware" reporter. I also intend to call the Chamber of Commerce, the BBB and Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

I have always been a loyal Kmart customer but this has left a very very bad taste in my mouth and I plan to spit it out to everyone and anyone.

• Na
      22nd of Mar, 2008
    200 passaic ave
    Kearny
    New Jersey

Can't fine your web site tired of searching for it what a rip off and scam what the hell is the right site addy? Where would i put the code? There's no place for it keep getting sent 1 place to another, it doesn't exist.