Kmart / misleading advertisement!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I noticed the ad for Kmart's jewelry sale, which states up to 70% off items. Unfortunately, when I arrived, they said that "incredible buys" were excluded. Well, that was fine. Then, I noticed a case that revolves around and displayed earrings in the locked case. I inquired about a pair. The associate said it would be around $15.00 (due to the red-tag sale). When she rang it up, it came to the original listed price. Then, she called in the jewelry supervisor who had absolutely no customer service at all. The supervisor then said that it was "regular price, meaning in the real world. Why would we sell real fine jewelry for $15.00?"

What irks me the most is that the red tag sale implies on all items (except for the "incredible buys). The jewelry supervisor stated that it was "70% off regular price." To me "regular price" insinuates the listed price on item, in this case $49.99. Thus, K-mart is misleading the consumer. They should say "ALREADY reduced 70% off." The former ("70% off regular price" implies that the reduction will still be applied when the item is ready to be checked out).

Te

Comments

• El
      29th of Dec, 2007

I love shopping at Kmart. The lady in the electronics area and the lady in the toy area (Carlita) are very helpful. (Frederiksted, St. Croix, Virgin Islands store.) Sometimes they need more checkouts open and it seems you can never find someone in the furniture area to help you when you need help. But overall the experience is great. You can find almost anything you need there. (Today I was looking for a serving tray and could not find one.) When you need to return something, they never give you a hard time.

• De
    kmart
    Bonita Springs
    Florida

Thanks for wasting my time with a phoneysweepstakes! I was going to switch all my prescriptions over, no more!!!!!

• Do
    Kmart
    19400 Toledo Blade Road
    Port Charlotte
    Florida
    Phone: 941-255-5221
    www.kmartfeedback.com

They provide you a receipt with the information attached to be able to receive feedback from their customers and the website doesn't exist. Also they show the old address on the receipt the county changed the name to the road to Cochran Blvd several months ago.

• Lo
      29th of Dec, 2007
    Kmart - 2,500 gift card card is a fraud!
    KMART
    301 South 7th Street
    East Gadsden
    Alabama
    Phone: 256-393-1099

I make many purchases at KMART and during the Holidays this year my receipt had a k-mart feedback on the bottom of the receipt to go online and enter a survey for a chance to win a $2,500. There is no such survey and no such money to be given away. And I know some people who purchased Kmart gift cards for presents for their friends and families and when they went to buy something with their cards and they had no money on them. This is fraud!!! I think we should all get the 2,500 and I think the people who got ripped off with their cards should get 10xs the gift card amount. I think that would be a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year for Wal-Mart.

29th of Dec, 2007

The website works for me:

It goes directly to the Kmart survey. When did you try it?

29th of Dec, 2007

The website works for me: http://www.kmartfeedback.com/

When did you try it?

Try this website:

29th of Dec, 2007

Try that website. It should be working now.

Go to this website:

Since your "invitation" has expired go to OFFICIAL RULES , it will tell you how to enter the sweepstakes via postal mail.

29th of Dec, 2007

Hey Donna! I think the website was having difficulties, but now it should be working go to:

It will take you directly there & you can click on Official Rules to see how to mail in entries as well.

Elizabeth:

Honey, you need to go to the website on your receipt which is: http://www.kmartfeedback.com

That should help you to enter. If not, you can click on Official Rules and it will show you how to enter via postal mail.

• El
    KMart
    Sweetwater
    Tennessee

All Christmas bow and gift paper were advertised at 50% off. No reduction was taken at check out. There was a long line and a cashier that could not have cared if the building burnt down. I will never shop at KMart again.

• Ly
    Kmart
    Athens
    Tennessee

First, I just want to say that the KMART in Athens,Tn has some really great employees and that the store is always clean. I shop there regularly and this is the first time that I went on line to do the survey for the $2,500.00 gift card and can not find one. My receipt #:03876 122407 010 29129. Maybe someone can find out what is going on with this website: kmartfeedback.com.

• Ad
    Kmart - Scam!
    kmart
    7090 New Market SQ MALL
    Jacksonville
    North Carolina
    Phone: 9104554894
    www.kmartfeedback.com

On the receipt they say that you could win $2,500 kmart gift card. The site says $500.00 thats false advertisement.

I'm on the site now, it says $2500, go here:

There is an alternative way to enter in the contest via Official Rules.

Dear Lynette:

Go to this website:

Copy and paste the website. If you don't know how to copy and paste go to http://www.google.com and search copy and paste.

Both websites are working for me. Now, you need to do the survey on that website. Check the Official Rules to enter by mail.

31st of Dec, 2007

I am very disappointed that kmart offers a $2500 feedback survey and there is no website to be found. How aggravating!!! Maybe they should just give every customer a discount up front and not worry about a website. I visited the store on 12-28-07. Store # 7484. Rcpt. #0748412280701480935. Thanks for your time...

• Ro
      31st of Dec, 2007

This Maysville Ky. (41056) store is a joke, It has 10 checkout lanes and you are lucky to find two of them open at any given time, I have seen two lanes open and there would be 8 to 10 people in each lane waiting to be checked out. Most had 5 or less items and it takes twice to three times as long to get checked out as it does to do your shopping. I would prefer to do my shopping at Kmart instead of our super Walmart center, but here lately I have been going to Walmart because they always have an express lane open and even the other checkout lanes are faster than Kmart because they have most lanes open. Another problem at Maysville is there is always shopping carts all over the parking lot and these loose carts can easy damage cars & trucks if there is a small amount of wind blowing, which is almost always.

31st of Dec, 2007

I tried to get info from the kmart custmer service, who transferred to Sears,they gave me National Custmer Relations=800-549-4505 pressed 5 and they told me that they took my info and receipt # to file a complaint. I did advise them that this is fraud and to check out the complaint board.

Visit this website: