Kmart / misleading advertisement!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I noticed the ad for Kmart's jewelry sale, which states up to 70% off items. Unfortunately, when I arrived, they said that "incredible buys" were excluded. Well, that was fine. Then, I noticed a case that revolves around and displayed earrings in the locked case. I inquired about a pair. The associate said it would be around $15.00 (due to the red-tag sale). When she rang it up, it came to the original listed price. Then, she called in the jewelry supervisor who had absolutely no customer service at all. The supervisor then said that it was "regular price, meaning in the real world. Why would we sell real fine jewelry for $15.00?"

What irks me the most is that the red tag sale implies on all items (except for the "incredible buys). The jewelry supervisor stated that it was "70% off regular price." To me "regular price" insinuates the listed price on item, in this case $49.99. Thus, K-mart is misleading the consumer. They should say "ALREADY reduced 70% off." The former ("70% off regular price" implies that the reduction will still be applied when the item is ready to be checked out).

Te

Comments

• Al
      22nd of Nov, 2007

You should have an easier way to get to your survey. I visited store 4807 in Bear, De. It seems to have gone done hill since John Murry has left!!! Is there something to this??

• Bo
      22nd of Nov, 2007

Today is the 22nd of Nov. by all purposes this is THANKSGIVING. my circular said that the pearl jewelry was on sale Thursday only. fine, I wanted a pink, black and white pearl sets. Went at 11:30 am, and one was available. The white. Fine I took it. My complaint, the associates were talking that they had several sets of each and a lady came in on Wednesday and bought all of the pink, and black and left the two white for Thursday. How did she get this on Wednesday? I know she bought it, but, the sales paper said THURSDAY ONLY, NOT MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY. So why was it available to her? store 31471805 stone drive, kingsport, tn 37660 423-246-7179.

• Ta
      22nd of Nov, 2007

This is my first time applying to the feedback context and it wasn't a bad one.

• Be

I was at tkmart store 4196 not one time did the clerk
    acknowledge we were at his reseter he kept talking to the person next to him it was rude and I guest I will not be back at that store again and also were is your website for the CHANCE FOR 2,500 OR DO I NEED TO CALL SOMEONE ELSE AND ON TOP OF THAT I AM GOING TO RETURN ALL MY MERCHANDISE BACK TO THIS STORE AND SHOP SOME WERE ELSE.

• Ci
      22nd of Nov, 2007

I too have tried to respond to the survey request on the bottom of my receipt with no success. I also went to buy 2 grapevine reindeer tonight that had a sign posted for $14.99. They rang up at $39.99 each. When I explained that their was a sign listing them at $14.99 the salesperson became argumentative and rude to me. She never checked the sign or offered to call management. I left the reindeer at the store.

• Ka
      23rd of Nov, 2007

WHERE IS THIS SO CALLED SURVEY?

• Po
      23rd of Nov, 2007

went to kmart. never again. I spent a easy 400. You can see the monitar when your checking out. so you cant see what you are paying for things. So i have to wait to get in my car... Sure enough over charged..bought a jacket sopposed to be 50% off .nope full price.. I would of never bought it... Okay and what a scam about the feedback...

• Ru
      23rd of Nov, 2007

First, I have attempted to participate in the kmartfeedback.com and to register for the $2,500 Kmart gift card, but as with the others, I have found no survey. So, I can only guess that like the sale I attended today where there was a Craftsman drill (19.5 volt) on sale for $39.00 that it's only a joke. As with the drill that was on sale, neither exist. It is extremely disappointing to make the effort to buy a Christmas gift that is truly wanted and advertised only to find out that the store goods are totally being misrepresented, as well as, the sales prices.

• Bh
      23rd of Nov, 2007

SAME - - Finally gave up trying to access Kmartfeedback.com. It seems to be a phantom site.
    OR SHOULD I SAY-- BAH HUMBUG!! ?

23rd of Nov, 2007

I checked in to tell good things about Kmart and can't get the site to do that. I want to qualify for the $2500 gift care. Thank you. Charlotte in Idaho

• Ly
      23rd of Nov, 2007

I have also tried find the 2,500 dollar feedback survey...WHERE IS IT???!!!! THANKS for WAISTING My TIME!!! I did have nice things to say about the
    employees in Fairview Heights, Il. Because of them I
    will continue shopping at Kmart! SURE WOULD LIKE
    MY CHANCE AT THAT 2,500!!!!

• Pa
      23rd of Nov, 2007

I just went to the Kmart in Wytheville VA and they over charged by $20.00 then when I showed the cashier the mistake she was very rude and I just went to the customer service desk. Not only was I over charged but the lady that was with me was done the same way she was over charged by $15.00 and was treated rudely too. I do not shop there often at all anyway but she does and she said they were ALWAYS like that I dont see how that store stays open at all.

• Tr
      23rd of Nov, 2007

I ALWAYS HAVE A FRIENDLY EXPERIENCE WHEN I SHOP AT K-MART IN MASSACHUSETTS STORE #4812. EMPLYOEES ARE ALWAYS EXTEMELY COURTEOUS AND WILLING TO HELP NO MATTER WHAT DEPARTMENT THEY WORK IN. THAT IS WAY I CHOOSE AND PREFER TO SHOP AT K-MART. THE ONLY THING I'M DISAPPOINTED IN IS LIKE SO MANY OTHER CUSTOMERS IS A SURVEY FOR A CHANCE TO WIN $2500. BUT THIS WILL NOT DETER ME TO CONTINIE SHOPPING AT K-MART FOR THEIR VALUE AND WHAT THEY STAND FOR.

• El
      23rd of Nov, 2007

I cannot say that K-Mart has always disappointed me. I had no trouble finding the website either.

But today I went to the store to purchase a Norelco Razor that had been advertised for $29.95, an associate went with me to find it, but there weren't any. He thought it was a misprint in the Advertisement insert. Several more people were there trying to purchase the same Razor and were also disappointed that there weren't any. Being 80 years old, I learned these things happen. Anyway I still like K-mart. I found a couple of other bargains while there. The employees have always been nice and helpful.

• Lo
      23rd of Nov, 2007

SO WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?? THERES NO SURVEY ON HERE. WHY DO YOU PEOPLE KMART DO FALSE ADVERTISEMENT LIKE THIS OH THE KEY WORD IS YOU COULD WIN, YEAH RIGHT..... I EILL NOT SHOP THERE NO MORE UNLESS YOU PEOPLE START DOING RIGHT BY THIS. STORE # 3009 1712 S GARFIELD AVE, TRAVERSE CITY,MI 49686 231-941-0600

• Lo
      23rd of Nov, 2007

i was shopping at your store got a receipt for the things i bought and it says to complete a a survey and you could win 2,500.00. ok where is the survey at???????????????? what a scam for people to come back . i think its called false advertisement huh!!! you people at kmart shouldn't do that to the public. we are the ones who bring you your business. store # 3009 1712 s garfield ave, traverse city, mi 49686

• Al
      23rd of Nov, 2007

I shop the Kmart store regularly I also cannot find anything pertaing to the feedback contest

• Me
      23rd of Nov, 2007

Just looking for your survey, My experience was fine, I am just thrown by this kmartfeedback.com website..... does such a site exist to win a gift card for you guys?? I found your competitors' websites just fine when I had to do my surveys for them, but you guys just need to get it together..... sounds like kmart has a lot unhappy consumers, and this lie just makes it worse. Kmart, you should really consider what is in the future for the business... you cannot lie to bring in business. I'm disappointed.

• Br
      23rd of Nov, 2007

I only have 7 days from day of my purchase to sign up to win 2500 dollars. As of today, I cannot find kmartfeedback.com any where. Where is it?

23rd of Nov, 2007

i was really impressed with the lawaway with the service but i also could not finf the 19 digit sothat i could enter the drawing for the 2,500 for the kmart gift card. May be could help me with this problem. i a
    AM ALSO SUBMITTING THE 19 DIGIT RECEIPT NUMBER FROM MY RECEIPT....RECEIPT# IS 09527 111907 070 22159. i WOULD APPRECIATE IF SOME WILL CONTACT ME OR E-MAIL THANK YOU
    mARAGRET aNNARUMO