KLN Steel Products / Terrible company

VIP Staffing in San Antonio, TX is a sham. They are the staffing company for KLN Steel Products. They manufacture Beds, cabinets, dressers for industrial customers like the Army, Navy, Air Force, Universities and Correctional Facilities.

They pay low, and once you are hired, you then work for KLN Steel Products. KLN treats the temps with little respect. Not to judge, but most are people either just out of prison, blacklisted or come upon bad times.

I had a supervisor tell me 5 minutes when I arrived 'You will be working with BLANK. He is stupid, doesn't listen and doesn't know what he is doing' This man had been there for over a year. When I informed a representative of VIP about what this supervisor said. She replied 'That was KLN', to which I responded he works for you...

Since I have left, they (VIP) owed me one week of pay. They said they mailed it to me, but I have not received it. I need my check and they said if I pay the $25.00 cancellation fee, they will cut another check. If not I have to wait for 30 days.

Stay away from VIP Staffing. You are just a number to them. KLN cares even LESS!

Se

Comments

• Sp
      2nd of Apr, 2009

Wake up!
    To any staffing agency you are indeed just a number. They're in business to make a profit. However, they play the role of the middleman to give you an opportunity to prove yourself as a reliable, dependable, worthy employee. It's up to you to make yourself indispensable.
    KLN is like 90% of all other companies in America trying to make it all work right now. Stress is high... money tight... old equipment that's been run into the ground... but they're still making a go of it.
    It's all about attitude. Quit lookin' for who's going to do what for you and start searching inside for what you can do for someone else.
    Whiners are counter-productive and are typically only happy in the presence of other whiners!
    I'd be willing to bet that you griped about your last job and you'll be gripin' about your next one too...

• Th
      19th of Feb, 2010

Well, well this individual titled sparkicus must be a Manager of KLN or corrupt corporate white collar worker, who is just trying to use his propaganda to the benefit of himself & his company! Be very careful & aware of these individuals they are certainly lurking all over are country. They are responsible for are degrading economy & loss of descent manufacturing work that we are all entitled to as an American citizen of every color & every creed!