KLM / lost luggage

1 Portland, OR, United States Review updated:
Phone: 503 244 1695

WE CHECKED LUGGAGE (TWO GREEN DUFFLE BAGS) IN WINDHOEK NAMIBIA ON JANUARY 21 2009. BRITISH ÅIRWAYS OPERATED BY COMAIR . FLIGHT 6274 TO JOHANNESBURG THE BAGS WERE CHECKED THROUGH TO PORTLAND OR, USA.

WE FLEW ON JANUARY 21 FROM JOBERG TO AMSTERDAM ON FLIGHT 8422 NORTHWEST AIRLINES OPERATED BY KLM ROYAL DUTCH AIRLINES KL 59

ON JANUARY 22 WE FLEW NORTHWEST AIRLINES FROM AMSTERDAM TO SEATTLE ON NW #033.

OUR BAGS WERE NOT IN SEATTLE FOR CUSTOMS CHECK AND WE FEW ON TO PORTLAND ON NORTHWEST AIRLINES #5108 OPERATED BY HORIZON AIR. REPEATED ATTEMPTS THROUGH HORIZON AND NORTHWEST HAVE NOT BEEN SUCCESSFUL IN LOCATION THE BAGS. IT IS OUR FEELING THAT WHEN THE BAGS ARRIVED IN JOHANNESBURG THERE WAS NO BARCODING TO INDICATE WHAT CARRIER WAS RESPONSIBLE FOOR THEM AND THAT THEY ARE SITTING IN JOBERG AS UNCLAIMED. THEY ARE TWO MATCHING DARK GREEN DUFFLES MARKED ON SIDE WITH "OVERSEAS ADVENTURE TRAVEL". MINE HAS FOUR YELLOW NAME TAGS WITH MY NAME AND ADDRESS (SOME WITH MY PHONE NUMBER.) MY NAME IS MARILYN MCDONALD 6533 SW 34TH AVE, PORTLAND OREGON. PHONE [protected]. MY HUSBAND BAG HAS TWO YELLOW OVERSEAS ADVENTURE TAGS ON IT WITH HIS NAME AND ADDRESS: WILFORD WEEKS (SAME ADDRESS)

THE BAGS WEIGHED UNDER 30 POUNDS EACH. SURELY THEY CANNOT BE THAT HARD TO LOCATE. WILL YOU PLEASE GIVE THE JOBERG AIRPORT A GOOD SEARCH? ALSO AMSTERDAM?
OUR TWO CLAIM CHECKS READ AS FOLLOWS:

PORTLAND
TO PDX FLT 5108 21JAN
VIA JNB BA 6374 21JAN

UNDER THE BARCODE ARE THE NUMBERS186324665
BOTH CLAIM CHECKS ARE THE SAME AND BOTH ARE LISTED UNDER MY HUSBANDS NAME: WILFORD WEEKS.

WE ARE CERTAINLY ANXIOUS FOR THE RETURN OF THESE BAGS AND WILL APPRECIATE EVERYTHING YOU CAN DO TO FACILITATE THEIR RECOVERY. THANK YOU.

MARILYNMCDONALD
email: marilynmcd@comcast.net

Comments

• Sv
      11th of Jun, 2009

Did KLM ever find your luggage? We just flew to Italy and they lost our luggage and it is impossible to get someone from KLM to help us. It has almost been a month and noone has ever even called us or responded to numerous emails. I want to get compensated and cant get anywhere!

• Ca
      30th of Jun, 2011

I arrived late at Schi[hol airport in Amsterdam. They lost my luggage and told me if I don't get it within 24 hours I could buy up to 100 euros worth of stuff and get refunded for it. Well, I did and it's heen over a month and no one wants to help. With tecnology so advanced all they tell me to do is write a letter to KLM in Paris for my compenasation. I'm still trying to figure out where this mysterious document is that the women at Schiphol told me I could pick up in Naples to fill out. Naples won't help and the customer service number for Amsterdam is useless, they don't know about this document either - unbeleivable. KLM sucks!

• Si
      11th of Jul, 2011

Hi everybody,
    My baggage was lost, recovered and delivered unexpectedly fast. Thanks KLM.
    I'm flying KLM long time and I always considered it one of the best in the world. This was an additional proof.
    First choice on my table, for next flight, whenever it will be.
    Vio