Klahanie Fitness / Disgusting facility!

I recently moved back home from a University which had an absolutely amazing recreational facility. I love to work out so I joined balley's, it was okay but I felt it was too far of a commute especially when you just want to pop over and do a little bit of cardio. I joined Klahanie fitness which is about 5 minutes from my house, I used to work out there when I was in highschool and I remember it being small but it had everything you needed and it was close. Well when I joined it was about 80 dollars joining fee plus 19 a month and in the month of december for some reason they charge double. Still not to bad at all. Well since I have been working out there I have noticed things that make me never want to go there again!!! They do not ever clean the machines, their are things splattered and crusted all over all the work out machines it is filthy and disgusting. they don't have spray bottles of towels to wipe of the machines, they have wipes, however 60 % of the time they are empty because nobody refilled them. The machines are continually broke. only 1 elliptical machine works the others barely work because they are all so filthy obviously they are going to break. I don't expect immaculate or anything but I still pay to go there and so do a lot of other people, I wish they would maintain the place a little bit better. They have all high schoolers working there which is fine, but pisses me off is that they work out too,rather then clean or do anything they walk around and talk, tonight they were sitting at the front desk eating chips and dip gossipining. GIVE ME A BREAK, there is a reason people go to work out it is to relax not to be annoyed the entire time. The girls vacuum before closing which is super loud and obnoxious, they put a closed sign ON THE ONE BATHROOM IN THE ENTIRE GYM at 9 and they don't close until 10, that makes no sense. It is just a joke, it is poorly maintained and unprofessional. I am going to join another gym even it costs more money and takes longer to drive too because I have had enough. Does anybody else who has been there agree?

More Klahanie Fitness Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Tf
      20th of Feb, 2008

What you say isn't entirely true. They don't charge double in December. All gyms charge an initation fee to join. It is small, and isn't always the cleanest. They do have towels and spray to wipe equipment down though, maybe you just don't know where it is. They have just remodeled it and changed out alot of the equipment. For the price you wont find anything comparable (unless your a student and have access to your schools facilities).

4th of Jul, 2008

I've been going to Klahanie Fitness for the last two years, and it doesn't resemble anything like the original complainer states. It is very, very clean and every time I'm in the gym someone is vacuuming or wiping down the machines. They recently had new carpet installed along with additional weight lifting machines. I also see repair people making fixes to treadmills and ellipitical machines whenever they are not working properly.

• Mi
      5th of Jul, 2008

the facility is not disgusting, the equipment is just worn and torn to some extent. for example, one of the curl bars is a brownish tint instead of the bright silver like the other curl bar, but hell just wash your hands after if you're a wuss. i wanted something very cheap and that is what i got, if you wanted top dollar like golds gym then you should have gone to golds etc in the first place; you get WHAT YOU PAY FOR. They do have everything you really need, some of the benches for lifting are a bit rickety which is a biotch. their weights are fine, everything up to 110lb sets. their wipes have never been empty in all the times ive gone, the new employees are professional to a teens extent. only bad thing is they are never at the desk, they are always in the office with the tinted windows. the manager is off his rocker tho, he was training this kid and was yelling 'YOU GOTTA BE ### ME!' repeatedly at the poor fellow when he was trying to bench lol. guess he shoulda had better form and been stronger

• Bo
      18th of Jul, 2008

I can appreciate the fact that you demand excellence in a health club. But common you bum, your paying 18 bucks a month. 18 bucks a month! Ben Beale who owns that club worked hard to provide the community with a facility that is affordable, convienent, and has everything you need to get fit. If you think you're above that place, go join the Bellevue Athletic Center and pay $3, 500 to join and $225 per month. That place wil be clean. Wake up you idiot, $18 can't buy a half a day's gasoline. Keep in mind people that complain about health clubs are hit the FSL lable (fat stupid and lazy) Good luck with you're little battle, I'm sure that Ben will really miss the $18 bucks per month when you cancel.

• Pi
      23rd of Oct, 2009

I have to say I have no problem with Klahanie Fitness as a reasonable place to work out, they problem I have is with the STUPID POLICY that they have on CANCELATIONS!!!. The owner needs to have some sort of sense and make it simple to cancel. I recently moved and didnt not have anytime to actually walk in to the gym to cancel my membership. I called and called several times to cancel over the phone, then they could not or were not allowed too because of the owners rules or regulations. I finally got someone to admit that they could cancel, so I faxed over a request, which they didnt ever "receive", I faxed it over at least 3 or 4 times. When I thought everything was fixed, I noticed another charge on my account. Again I had to locate the number call again, keep in mind over two months have passed by this point same guy whose name is Kelly said he would fix the error if I re-faxed thre request. Guess what, we are now in October and yet another charge on my account... All I am asking for them to do is issue me credit to my card for the $29 a month they are charging me for the last 4 months!!! WTF!

• Kl
      29th of Dec, 2009

Wow, how much did Klahanie fitness pay all you guys to say good things? Since they clearly don't have much $$ I'm guessing that you must all be related to the owner or his good pals. The first guy who posted is a lot closer to the truth. My family signed up and it was OK at first as a basic place to go workout and then they let it go. Does anyone notice that they are "cleaning the bathrooms" all the time so that no one can use them. So cheap.

21st of Mar, 2010

I'm pretty sure the people with complaints, haven't worked out anywhere else and aren't comparing applees to apples. I worked out at klahanie fitness for over 6 years and moved to tx where i work out at their affilated club. You get more than you pay for... cardio, freeweights and circuit training. have you ever priced that stuff out??if you go to golds or lifetime, you pay over $60 a month...and who uses public showers anymore??! YUCK!!! and if you want things like that, and are willing to pay, than go to a gym that offers that! some people appreciate being able to get fit and pay a months worth of membership, that is the same cost as a sandwich at subway. Besides the reason you pay lower dues is because the gym does things the inexpensive way, like having employees clean during hours and closing the bathrooms for roughly 10 to 15 min...so you don't have to hire an outside source to clean after hours, therefore keeping things like your dues low. DUHHHHH!!! just go and workout and stop worrying about everything having to cater to what YOU think is right.here's some options for you if you don't like klahanie fitness--GO SOMEWHERE ELSE, open your gym or buy your own equipment if you think you know whats up.

23rd of Aug, 2010

The critics are off the deep end. I've been a member for 8 years and have worked out at plenty of other gyms. Klahanie Fitness is on average as clean as any of them, seldom has a broken machine and those get fixed promptly, and while the cleaning can be annoying, it also keeps the costs down and, well, the complaint that it is dirty is kinda stupid given that they ARE incessantly cleaning while the place is open! And they do a good job of it, too.

• De
      30th of Sep, 2010

Bull, its a disgusting sink hole and if we didnt know any better we would think that the posistive posts on here are from... I dont know, relatives who are employees?