Kitnzluv Fine Himalayan & Persian Kitnz & KatzSelling ill kittens, suspect overbreeding

C Review updated:

Sick kittens..maybe not all of them, but the one I purchased was! Poor kitty! If you are purchasing a kitten from Kitnzluv, please have a veterinarian check them for ringworms (this is passed to humans), ear infections and digestive problems.

• J
      Feb 04, 2012

We too, bought a very sick kitten unknown to us!!! We visited the vet 2 days after getting her! It still didn't matter. She was so sick, My entire family was infected and it took my hubby 9 months to get rid of the ringworm!! We cleaned and cleaned everything we could with bleach, isolated the kitten, thousands of dollars in medicine for both the family and kitten and we still had to give the "sick" kitten to the vet. The kitten we grew to love had to be given away because it was soooo sick. Oh and did I mention Kitnluv sold us a female. After having to be shaved and grow older isolated in a cage at the vet for over two months, it was discovered she was actually a HE! Wish someone could put him out of business! Poor Kittys

• S
      Feb 13, 2012

i have purchased four cats from Frank, with no problem. Ringworm minor and quite common and by no means a disease but rather a skin issue treated with cream and completely curable. i have no issues with this cattery and have cats owned cats my entire life, maybe all of you are clearly uneducated in the cat world and should buy fish. It does not take thousands as one said to cure ringworm again common with any cattery. Franks Cats have champion bloodlines and are beautiful. out of the four we have had no disease! This man is elderly and sometimes makes errors, sorry you couldn't tell the difference between a male and female, that is all the more funny to me, like I said some people should not own cats of this magnitude, and if uneducated on their care definitely should not. I have never heard of a cat owner going through this sounds a bit ridiculous, he is my friend and mentor and I respect him dearly.

• S
      Feb 13, 2012

One more thing, have to ask who is this quack of a vet you took her took, that said vet didn't know or realize the sex? Besides would've checked that my self. So you gave up on a cat because of ringworm, hmm because you didn't have the patience to handle the issue properly, so maybe Frank should not have sold a cat to a family that will not see things through, but rather run and abandon this cat you claim to have loved so dearly, over Ringworm, wow that is shocking to say the least.

• C
      Feb 15, 2012

We purchased a kitten as well who is very sick. Besides ringworm (which we are treating) he has a nasty URI. Poor guy. He's on antibiotics, eye drops and nose drops. The disgusting conditions these kittens come from make them at higher risk of URI and of course the ringworm. Don't even get me started on how underweight our kitten was. It's obvious they do not care for a "raw diet" and our vet totally agrees that this man has zero business "breeding"...there IS a difference between a breeder and a CAT MILL. Terrible! I truly feel sorry for the cats this man keeps. Hopefully someone can shut this nut job down!

• K
      May 23, 2012

We purchased a kitten from Frank's "KITNZLUV" Cattery. The guy is a total scam artist! The animals live in the WORST conditions and yet he claims he LOVES them SO much. He is a total "salesman" and liar. There is no way the man loves these cats at all! My kitten came to our house with ringoworm... which got progressively worse! We have a nother cat too, and I even ended up getting the ringworm passed on to me myself. Whatever idiot says ringowrm is minor must be just as uneducated as Frank is. Ringwork is very contagious... and most vets will tell you to keep the pet isolated for a month! My kitten also got a terrible eye infection (in BOTH eyes) and she has an upper respiratory infection. The vet thinks because she was exposed to these things at such an early age, she will have problems her whole life. DO NOT BUY FROM HIM. There are other reputable breeders. FRANK IS A SNAKE.

• J
      Aug 12, 2012

We have adopted two cats from Frank (one last year and one who is still being weaned). Our first kitten had ringworm--a very common problem that occurs in many catteries, no matter how dedicated the breader is to the upkeeping of the cats. He was very honest with us, as she became "sick" during the time we were waiting for her to become old enough to come home. He let us know she caught ringworm, offered to refund our money if we so wished, and kept us updated on her improvement on a regular basis. He works closely with a vet when the cats run into health issues and I can honestly say he truly loves these cats. We have spent more time with him at his cattery than most buyers probably do, as he allowed us to visit the kittens any time we wanted while waiting for them to be weaned. The cattery is clean, well organized, and the cats are regularly allowed to walk the house, as he does not like to keep them caged and wants them to be socialized. (I.E., this is NOT A MILL). Ringworm is NO REASON to give away a beloved family pet. As a previous poster already stated, it is a skin rash that is completely curable with creams. Yes, the condition can be passed on to humans, but if you treat it with topical creams, it is a MINOR annoyance that will dissipate quickly if you practice good hygiene! Having had the experience I have had with Frank, I am 100% positive he would have given a complete refund and taken the kitten back from you, rather than having you give it away to your vet. Moreover, anyone who does their research will find that persians and himalayans are more susceptible to eye and respiratory infections because of their flat faces (something our vet has also shared with us). If your vet is making a big issue out of these difficulties which are easily treated with antibiotics and creams, then I would be wary of doing business with your vet, as he or she may be out to milk you for all the money the can get...a problem we have had with a vet used in the past. If you cannot handle these vulnerabilities, then you have no business owning one of these sweet little babies!

• C
      Dec 22, 2012

I to was going to buy a kitten from this guy. When i got there all of his cats looked very very sick... also his kittens that he was going to sell us were almost full grown... but the internet showed they were a couple weeks old... all of his cats had ring wroms and when i left there i had gotten them all over my face chest and back... something needs to be done about this mans cattery, he is a nice guy he needs some help or needs to stop breeding sick cats...

• R
      Feb 11, 2013

We adopted 2 kittens from Frank, about a month apart. The first had ringworm, one very small area and yeah, I got it too. Kinda gross but not hard to treat. My vet at that time was not very helpful to us, most of the helpful advice I received I got from Frank and from info I found on the web. I think the trick to managing our frustration was to switch our vet to one that actually took care of the problem... Next kitten had shown a small patch of RW spores under woods lamp, but it never presented on his skin.
    Our kittens are now cats, about 1 1/2 years old and they are wonderful little buddies. I never saw these complaints before we bought our kittens and I'm glad I didn't because we wouldn't have our beautiful, sweet kitties. The ringworm has never come back, and most other small health issues they have are common to Persians in general. I feel bad for the OP but our experience did eventually turn out to be positive. Our kitties are healthy, beautiful, and sweet and that is what we wanted.

Oct 02, 2013

I really wonder about the people who gave Frank a bad review because I have bought three kittens from him since 2008. I also just purchased a fourth that I will pick up this weekend. I also bought one kitten for my brother and my mom also bought one of his kittens. So out of the five we have all gotten thus far we have had NO ISSUES!! They are very healthy, loving, people oriented cats! You will not get this type of cat from just any kind of breeder. It takes special treatment from the time they are born to keep them loving like that. Also he has them use to baths and blow dryers!! Maybe you need to go around and check other breeders who don't show that take the time to do that with each kitten! As far as ringworm I can't phantom how you could post such a crazy comment that it cost you and your family a lot in vet and medical bills!! That's crazy!! Most people and animals can treat it with over the counter ointments. Usually gone in a week or two! As far as watery eyes or colds that's another thing you should of been aware of can occur in Persians. Usually easily treated too. I would not buy a cat or kitten from anyone else but Frank! I also know he gives you a handful of information on caring for your kitten in his contracts. I would think if you really cared about that kitten instead of jumping the gun you could of easily called Frank with your concerns. Instead you let a vet and doctor mislead you and thus felt you got a sick kitten. People need to educate themselves about specific breeds before they go buy them thus would resolve many issues. Cats in general are susceptible to ring worm it's not some rare disease it's a fungal infection. I just want Kitnzluv- Frank to get the praise in which is so well deserved! I"d be a reference for him anytime and also have the adult cats to PROVE IT!! Best cats I have ever owned come from him!!

Oct 02, 2013

Ok forgot one thing to the fool who posted they were covered in ringworm all over their hands and face by the time they left Frank"s door, then I'd reply you more than likely experienced an allergic reaction to cats in general --- not ringworm!! It has a slow incubation so in reality it would of taken days before it appeared on skin!! I actually feel bad for Frank that this is some of the uneducated people he has to deal with!! That would also go for the woman who stated her husband had ringworm for 9 months! Either your doc didn't know how to treat it or your family needs lessons in better hygiene. I've never heard or seen anyone that contracted ringworm for that long !!

Jul 11, 2014

I also bought a cat from Frank that had ringworm. We took out kitten to our vet the week we bought her and it was caught very quickly. One spot on her ear was visible and she was positive on other body parts under the light. We treated her with special shampoo twice a week, then weekly. She is ringworm free now. My husband did catch it in a few spots but I never did. I also must have passed it to a family members cat. The infected cat is immunocompromised due to steroid injections, had no contact with any other person/cat he could have caught it from except me. We share a vet with my family member and the vet thinks he got it from my shoes or clothing since I had no areas on my skin.

Anyway. Our kitten from Frank also had an URI but he informed us ahead of time and had been treating her. It cleared up within a week. She was underweight (less than a week from purchasing her). We fattened her up quickly.

I suspected our cat could have ringworm when we purchased her, as Frank was bizarre in telling me about prior experiences with it and downplaying it as an infection. I believe it was even mentioned in the contract? It was weird and his behavior led me to believe he knew she already had it. I didn't say anything at the time because I already decided I wanted her with or without then fungus, and I was eager to take her home.

Anyway. I love my sweet kitty and had no hard feelings towards Frank about her ringworm. I never did contact him to tell him that she had it when we purchased her.

As for him as a breeder... I really believe he loves all of his cats and treats them well. They all have such sweet and friendly personalities, and he has kept many that were never adopted out. He gets attached to them. His cats seem to adore him. I worry about his age and what will happen to the kitties when he dies, or becomes too feeble to care for them. I also believe that in comparison to other Persians/exotic shorthair kittens that he overprices them. Especially considering that they have a very good chance of having ringworm. In general he has too many cats in to small of an area, except for the queens and newborns that have a larger room. The other cats are basically in a garage... Over 20 cats. I don't believe he is like a mill, because he obviously loves his cats, but he is way overpopulated. I see it more as a hoarder. Still not safe, but with better intentions. He needs to cut back on how often he breeds and adopt out some of his queens.

Anyway... Just my 2 cents.

Jul 11, 2014

To LisaB

Yes, a human can have ringworm for 9 months or longer. Are you serious? It is a very difficult to get rid of fungal infection and as long as the cat has ringworm it can re-infect the human and vise versa. Especially in Persians it a very difficult to rid of so a human can be infected for a long time with that cycle.

It is even more true in someone who is already immunocompromised. This can be someone who is taking steroids or has an illness that requires immunocompromising drugs (cancer, ulcerative colitis, ect...)

I know you visited this site years ago, but please educate yourself. Thanks.

Nov 29, 2014

I read these reviews before buying a kitten from Frank and they worried me a bit but I emailed him and he assured me my kitten would be healthy, and she was. If you are thinking about buying a cat from him, email him yourself if you're worried. He might have had a problem with ring worm in the past, I don't know? But I bought my cat this year (2014) and she was ring worm free. I found some other breeders online in the Dallas area but their Persians were $1000+ so I really wanted Frank to work out because he's cats are all so cute and fairly priced if your use to spending money on Persians. I bought my first Persian, Theo, 10 years ago and fell in love with the breed. He had a terrible case of ring worm though and it ended up costing my parents something crazy like $800 because my other cat and then brother got it. We never tried any of the natural remedies and went straight to the vet so we probably overpaid there but still the point is I understand being worried about ring worm. Anyways, I attached a picture of my cat. She is full grown now if you can see the picture and is so sweet. I had a great experience with Frank and am hoping he stays in business for a while because I really want to buy a orange long haired Persian in the future from him. If money allowed it I would be a crazy Persian cat lady for sure. I use reviews a lot and read these before purchasing so felt I should post here as a follow up. So in summation my kitten and now cat has been perfectly healthy and I am beyond happy with my experience with Frank.

Nov 29, 2014

Whoops I meant disagree, sorry!

• M
      Sep 18, 2015

KITNZLUV HAS BEEN A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!!! Our experience with Kitnzluv has been a very positive one. Their establishment is reasonably clean and organized. It's clear that ALL their cats and kittens are well cared for, and that Frank and his wife take their responsibilities seriously. The Sire and Dame of our sweet kitten were clearly in excellent health, and the Dame (mama cat) was very nurturing towards her kittens ----- to me a sign that her breeders took excellent care of her and treated her with kindness and respect. Frank and his wife were up front about what could happen (since we do live in an imperfect world), but (guess what??) OUR KITTEN WAS HEALTHY AND HAPPY during her stay at Kitnzluv, and when we brought her home, AND OUR KITTEN HAS REMAINED HEALTHY AND HAPPY. One of the things we appreciated was that Frank and his wife were through in their explanation as to how to care for our kitten. Frank and his wife took steps to ensure that their kittens remained healthy by taking them to a local veterinarian prior to handing the kittens over to their new owners. Also, they explained how they stand behind their kittens. We have children, and we would not have bought a kitten from Frank and his wife if we thought that their kittens were unhealthy. In all, WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND KITNZLUV.

Apr 16, 2016

We purchased a kitten from Frank and his sweet wife about 3 and a half months ago. They caught a touch of ringworm on him, treated him immediately, and we haven't had any problems with it since. They were very upfront about it and I understand that ringworm is a common condition in cats. My parent's outdoor cat caught it recently and is being treated by our wonderful vet on the westside of Fort Worth. The only concern I've had is our boy's breathing difficulty due to his flat face. I know that this is very common with this breed and in no way the breeder's fault. Our vet observed that he has smaller than usual nasal openings (he used medical terminology). Our vet says he can do a laser surgery to help this so that's what we will do! When you love your pet, you just do what you have to. We wanted this breed of cat so we have to take responsibility for issues with the breed. We keep his face clean, put drops in his big, beautiful eyes, and feed him the fish pate as Frank suggested. One last thing about the ringworm - I caught from kids my first year teaching at an inner city school. It was a nuisance and took awhile to get rid of. But it did not kill me and did not stop me from hugging the kids at my school.

• W
      Jun 13, 2016

I found he is not in business anymore anyone know what happen.. I know he was in bad health and his wife came back to help him but nothing seem to work his phone or website..

Dec 05, 2016

I thought a long while before posting this. Kitnzluv is no longer in business, but for anyone that already has bought a kitten I wanted to give them a warning.

Our cat we adopted in 2013 from Kitznluv has FeLV. We can only assume she must have contracted it at the original cattery - she has never been outside (ever), and our other cat we have thoroughly tested (ELIZA, PCR) and has no sign of the disease at all. She has been kind of weak and small her whole life, I think because she was underfed at the cattery - her parents were not small cats.

If you have adopted a cat from here I would urge you to go and get your cat thoroughly tested - with outside lab tests.

• M
      Aug 16, 2018

Ringworm is minor! Love my Persian
    from Frank. Grateful for Frank!!