Kitchenaid / Whirlpool / gas range architect series ii/ dishwasher
In 2012 we purchased a gas range Architect series II Model KG55907SSS02 Serial# D04392752 in Dayton, Ohio for $1, 500.
In June of 2018 the oven failed to heat to temperature -- the "spark module" was not sending a signal and the rear computer panel needed to be replaced for $450 (including $273 for the part). Two months later, the front panel failed. Additional repair cost: $400.
Having to make a major repair on a 6-year-old high end domestic range does not reflect positively on the quality of the product. To have it happen with two separate parts, reflects poorly on the company that made the product: Kitchen Aid/Whirlpool.
Along with the range, in 2012 we also purchased a Kitchen Aid dishwasher whose top rack we've had to reinforce with wiring, and whose grinding mechanism we had to repair because a piece of plastic from the upper rack was caught inside it... we also continue to have electrical problems with that product.
More Kitchenaid / Whirlpool Complaints & Reviews
- KitchenAid - us refrigerators sucks 
- KitchenAid - rebate scam 
- Kitchen Aid Crock Pot - cracked crock (inner pot) 
- Kitchenaid Dishwasher - faulty design 
- A & E Appliance Repair / Kitchen Aid - 4-attempts to repair a refrigerator - no shows 
- KitchenAid - krfc704fp00
- KitchenAid - stand mixer model # ksm88sl, ser no. w83147969
- KitchenAid - gas range kfgg500ess
- KitchenAid/Whirlpool - kitchenaid dishwasher model kdfe104dbl0 - leaking; broken pump/motor assembly
- KitchenAid - pecs team (product exchange customer service) team