KitchenAid / fridge alarm won't shut off
we bought a brand new Kitchen Aid refrigerator and had it installed on June 1, 2008. 10 days ago, the alarm which alerts us when the temp deviates from the normal setting. A rep came out a day later and said the main board needed to be replaced. It would take a week to get in. We scheduled an appointment for today. We went out of town to return to a fridge whose alarm goes off every 5 seconds. We've tried everything to get the alarm off including turning off the fuse. Nothing works.
Now I'm told that it will be another 2 days to get the part. Meanwhile, we have to live with the constant sound of the alarm, every 5 seconds. It is clearly a defective item. I've talked with Kitchen Aid & they don't care at all about this situation. The item is clearly defective. Both techs were completely perplexed by this issue.
Bottom line-STAY AWAY FROM KITCHEN AID PRODUCTS
More KitchenAid Complaints & Reviews
- KitchenAid - us refrigerators sucks 
- KitchenAid - rebate scam 
- Kitchen Aid Crock Pot - cracked crock (inner pot) 
- Kitchenaid Dishwasher - faulty design 
- A & E Appliance Repair / Kitchen Aid - 4-attempts to repair a refrigerator - no shows 
- Kitchenaid / Whirlpool - gas range architect series ii/ dishwasher 
- KitchenAid - kitchen aid classic nylon slotted spoon
- KitchenAid - refrigerator
- KitchenAid - kitchen aid mixer-
- KitchenAid - refrigerator model #krfc704fssoo / serial #k73811717