Kitchen Aid Dishwasher / dishes are not cleaned

1 IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 847-658-2929

1. Dishwasher was marketed as one of the largest yet the arrangement and position of racks limits greatly the amount of dishes that can be loaded.
2. There is an upper, adjustable rack that when set in the lower position leaves a hole in the water pipe making cleaning completely ineffective. Either the dishwasher came with that hole of a chinsy, soft plastic valve that should cover the hole when the rack is lowered broke off.
3. I have to scrub every single morsel of food off the dishes other wise a certain screen clogs rapidly preventing water flow or pressure and thus making cleaning ineffective.
4. We figured out after 1 1/2 years that the only way to get the machine to work for awhile is to take it apart, clean the screen that clogs and try harder to clean the dishes before putting them into the dishwasher. This is how the "kithen aid" certified repair man "fixed" my machine for 65 dollars.

Comments

• Ta
      3rd of Apr, 2008

Wow! And I though that it was just my dishwasher! I will never purchase another Kitchen Aide again. Not only does it not clean, but we've been through 3, no less, pumps and motors. Luckily it was under warranty, but the service people said that next time it wouldn't be covered, unless we spent more money to buy additional warranty coverage. I said that if it happens again we may just consider getting a new dishwasher altogether, and it certainly won't be a kitchen aide. We got the stainless with the hidden controls and stainless interior (either top of the line or just under the top) and thought that we'd be getting an awesome dishwasher for the money we spent. Boy, are we sorely disappointed.

• Un
      30th of Apr, 2010
    kitchen aid dishwasher - Piece of garbage
    KitchenAid
    Massachusetts

Made the mistake of purchasing a KitchenAid Superba dishwasher on the recommendation of a friend who sells them. I know, I know, should have known better especially after having a purchased a KitchenAid range which has been a P.O.S. from day one. Four new control panels and it still shuts down if you use the front burners and the oven at the same time. Anyway, the dishwasher doesn't clean the dishes unless you rinse them first. We are always having to put the dishes through a second cycle. The dishwasher is loud. The soap dispensers don't open on a regular basis so the dishes don't get clean or have the soap on them. I absolutely hate Kitchen Aid and will NEVER buy another Kitchen Aid product. The only thing worse than their products is their customer service. Be forewarned - their appliances are complete garbage and a waste of money. Don't be a fool like I was. You will get a better return on your money if you burn it in the driveway rather than buy a Kitchen Aid stove or dishwasher. THE WORST>