Kissimmee Utility Authority / Billing

1 Kissimmee, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-407-933-9800

We are on Social Security we get paid on the 5th of each month. KUA has are billing set for the day before and know wants an additional 760.00 in deposits. We have had this account for years. All the sudden they claim that we missed two arrangements and can terminate our account. know they are moving to have us evicted for no service and move us into the street as they have also filled complaint for unsafe home. The VIP in the company are very much scam artists that use thier position to gain further riches and when you complain the bury you in the legal aspects. If you value your family and your property due not purchase anything in the KUA district as if they need it or want it they will use everything from emminate domain to billing issues to get ahead and safe them money. I hope they do an investigation as to the internal doings with CEO and staff to have the Federal investigations as to thier corporate fillings.

Comments

28th of Jan, 2011

I 100% agree with your complaint. I know how you feel for I'm in the same boat. In my case they (KUA) asked for $500 after 19 years of service. Imagine that, $500 on top of my average $300 a month bill. They are very unfair and abuse their customers into paying for service not rendered. What is this extra deposit for? They didn't ask for a deposit at the time I opened the account, 19 years ago. No, they need it now, almost 20 years later! I think they just made this up as a way to accrue more money for something else. This is just a cheap excuse. I hope someone, in a position better able to do something about this, sees the way KUA treats their customers.

• Mi
      5th of Apr, 2011

Come to the board meeting tomorrow, Wednesday April 6th at 3:30. it is at the kua building. I will be there to speak out against the extortion that kua is guilty of. If anyone else wants to show up that would be great. If we come together as a community and let them know that what they are trying to do to us is unacceptable, they are going to have to stop trying to extort the citizens of Kissimmee

• Mi
      12th of Apr, 2011

There are quite a few complaints right now on complaint sites like this one. It’s great that we are able to get our stories out there but we need to make it news. Currently there are four sites right now making KUA’s deposit and fine techniques news. If you would please retell your story by pasting it in the comments you can even use a link back to your original post.

Please check them out and share your story. Soon they will page rank well in a Google news search and larger local news corporations will pick up on it.

My newly created news site (I registered it with Google news it will take a few days for Google to recognize it.) on Google Blogger http://kissimmee-fight-the-power.blogspot.com/

West Orlando News Online- http://westorlandonews.com/2011/04/11/kua-kissimmee-mayor-rip-off-utility-customers/ this site deserves your post along with KSIB they would really appreciate the participation. They will also be the reason the larger news companies will pick up on it. Don’t worry if a larger news site picks it up they will write their own version of it off the information you provide by posting. Orlando is also home to our larger news organizations making it a good place to get the word out.

KSIB- Representing Osceola County locals since 1995 http://ksib.net/index.php/Citizens_the_Voice This is the place for locals, that’s all 67, 000 KUA customers and a great place for local Politics.

Facebook blog- “Like it” if you like facebook.http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kissimmee-Fight-the-Power/141818669221916 Facebook is a huge social networking site.

These are the four addresses again in case this site will not allow links. The other sites will.

It’s up to you and me. As you may or may not know KUA is not regulated by the Florida Public Service Commission. They are self Governed by their Board of directors. They are about to elect a new member.

The best thing you can do is come down to the KUA board meeting. It was put on the docket to further discuss the issue and possibly make changes to the deposit policy at the next board meeting where concerned citizens are encouraged to come and express their thoughts and opinions on the matter. The next KUA board meeting is May 4th, 3:30 at the KUA building 1701 W. Carroll St. Kissimmee, Florida 34741.

You can also speak your mind at the next commissioners meeting, to Mayor Jim Swan and commissioner Cheryl Grieb, who voted along with disgraced former commissioner Carlos Irizary last year to allow KUA to continue to self govern themselves. Art Otero and Jerry Gemskie voted against it. The Kissimmee City Commission meets the first and third Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. at the City Hall Commission Chambers, located at 101 N. Church Street, Kissimmee, Florida.

The next meeting should be April 19th but times, dates and agendas are subject to change. For current meeting information, please contact the Office of the City Clerk at 407.518.2313