Kissimmee (Caller ID) / harassment

[protected] is assumed to be a credit card collection agency or something and only comes up as Kissimmee on my caller ID. They are harassing us to death! On Thursday, 4/23/2009, the following calls were logged from this number:

8:31 A
9:25 A
1:35 P
1:53 P
2:06 P
5:05 P
8:06P

We were out during some of this time and it probably called more often but the caller ID only updates to the last call. Is there anything we can do about this harassment? We are looking for jobs (thanks to being laid off) and are extremely stressed about this!

Comments

• Mi
      24th of Apr, 2009

Usually if you answer the phone and you are honest with the collection agency and fill them in on your situation, they will A) Set up some kind of payment plan with you. or B) If you are really unable to pay anything at this time after you explain your situation you can ask them to give you time to get back on your feet ie 30 days before they call again.

• Na
      24th of Sep, 2009

Actually I have been receiving calls from Chase(after they jacked up our interest rate 11% at one time), we decided to wait and settle the account and not pay chase anymore its only one credit card and we have 5 but here are the calls as listed on my phone

9/13 1:09pm
    9/13 2:34pm
    9/13 3:41pm
    9/13 4:05pm
    9/13 5:15pm
    9/13 8:40pm

Now that was on a SUNDAY, so I decided to call them (first off I work for a collection agency and I know that sooner than later they will call with a settlement amount) I told them to cease and desist (which does NOT have to be received in WRITING like collection agencies try and tell you it does) Calls stopped for 10 days, now in two days these are the calls:

9/23 8:03 am
    9/23 3:47 pm
    9/23 4:00 pm
    9/23 4:15 pm
    9/23 8:38 pm

10 calls and I spoke to the rep on the 3:42 pm call and got 4 calls after that because he didn't get what he wanted which was a payment.

Now so far today

9/24 8:02 am
    9/24 8:55 am
    9/24 9:58 am
    9/24 11:47 am
    9/24 12:42 pm
    9/24 1:33 pm
    9/24 1:55 pm

I haven't spoke to them today because I want to see how many calls I will actually get. I know not just from working in collections but common sense says this is plain out harassment.