Kirby Of Concord / Kirby of concord will never pay you the $550 promised salary!!

1 56 OLD SUNCOOK RD.Concord, NH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 603-229-3131

L&R Merchandising will not pay you the $550.00 promised to you when you come in at your interview!! I responded to an ad in the Concord Monitor claiming a salary and that there was no selling involved, well that was a bunch of lies. The person who interviewed me was so good at lying that I he actually convinced me to quit my job and go to work full time with them. I didnt even find out till they had what they call "Back talk" that I would be trying to sell "vacuum cleaners" door to door. But first..It gets even better, our very first weekend we have to try to sell these vacuums to our family and friends for "experience". Not only was that a lie, if you dont sell them over your "practice" weekend they get very very angry at you and trust me you dont want to have to deal with the owner Mr. Rick Smith. I was promised a "Job Security" thats why I quit my job that I had been working at for almost 4 years. The $550 a week was a hundred more than I was currently making so thats why I accepted the position. They made me feel like it was this vast search for there employees but I heard an employee out side while they were all smoking cigerettees talking about how they hire just about anybody who walks through the door!! I know this because there were like 10 other people in our training room for the "first day" and these peole were goooons, not to be pompass but they had earings and tattoos no one I would want in my house. By the end of training there was only 3 people left including me, I just wanted to wait out my first week to see if the salary promised was real, and IT WASNT!! KIRBY OF CONCORD IS A SCAM!! I LOST MONEY THAT WEEK AND THE OWNER IS A LIER!! This company also has hidden ads online and craigslist that dont say anything about selling vacuums and when you walk in you have to walk through a crowd of broke ### salesmen smoking outside..hold your breath it is tru-lly disgusting. Beware your first day they will also try to pass around big checks that people made who no longer even work there.. What a joke and Im glad I didnt stay I heard a guy outside yelling in his car my first saturday there that Rick (the owner) didnt even pay him what he earned for the week!!In Closing I had a first hand experience with L&R Merchandising AKA "Kirby Of Concord" and I'm telling all you young people or parents to beware of this company!! I have a college degree and they some how or another were able to fool me for a week causing me to beg to get my old job back and lose a lot of money that week! Don't fall for there false claims about make a salary!! It's all a bunch of lies.

Bi

Comments

• Ke
      22nd of Aug, 2008

I'm not one much for making complaints online but I did come across this complaint as I was getting ready to reorder bags for my Kirby Vacuum. Not only do I agree with the claim that "Kirby Of Concord" doesn't pay its dealers what is promised but the owner of that company is simply a pompass man who cheats everybody out of there money not just "new dealers". I am slighty to blame for my story about this unethical company because I didnt quit right away like the other 99% of people who gets hired there, I stayed for over a year when I really should of left immediately when I saw how this place is ran. Again I saw first hand angry dealers on payday getting money shaved off there paycheck for no apparent reason along with dealers getting screamed at because the owner has a Bi-Polar-ness that will make a "new dealer" surrender his money rather than argue with Rick Smith(Owner). I got suckered into opening a branch office and I new that I shouldnt have based on the Idea that Rick Smith has never in his 12 Years in Kirby ever promoted a Factory Distributor because he will lie, cheat and steal there money until nothing is left. But against my gut feeling I took over the Laconia N.H. Branch after he bankrupt a previous employee at that location. Well after a couple months of threatning calls, taking my money from me ECT. I finally moved on and got the heck out of the "Kirby Of Concord" SCAM!! They will promise you that world at L&R Merchandising, but take it from someone who actually had been there a year... Things arent always what they seem. Working for that man was such a horrible experience that my wife and I dont even use the word Kirby Or "Rick" in our house hold. It was a time in my life that I never want to think about again. You know its funny that I can see that I certainly am not the only one out there that has had a terrible experience with that company, the only thing I can say to the owner if he is reading this is "What goes around, comes around"...and maybye if you start paying people and treating them fairly, you might not have thousands of people complaining about your business and your ethics. Thanks-Kevin

• Do
      2nd of Oct, 2008

I have heard horror stories about how Kirby dealers are treated. If you are looking for a very well reputable company, look into Rainbow. Kirby hates Rainbow because we don't lie about our product and we treat our dealers with respect. We are worldwide and have a wonderful reputation. Look into it. It is the greatest position I have ever worked.

• Mw
      21st of Nov, 2009

My husband went for training with L & R Merchandising never got paid. They are nothing but a rip-off, ### sucking sorry excuse for a business.

• Ah
      5th of Feb, 2010

My first week there I worked 60 hours and made 50 dollars. I'm not one to quit things but as a single mom that I obviously can't live on that. I tried to talk to people about it there and they were rude everytime I asked a question. I left there crying everyday I worked.

• Fl
      18th of May, 2011

I have heard the same stories about this company for years now. I bought the newest model from a young fellow and traded in the old one. We had dealings with this Mr. Smith. He made threats over the phone to us. We got behind in payments. He also called my eldery mother, who doesn't have a thing to do with the contact we signed. He had her so upset and her health isn't good. "Told him that he best not call her again and he told me that he would call her any time he wanted". He wrote threating letters also. He also filed a complaint to the court in Concord and we were to see a mediator and he never showed up. He later filed a complaint for a hearing on the merits and we went, which was yesterday, and he never showed up. The complaint was dismissed. What a waste of time, both times. He is such a lier and a very crude person. Like Kevin said what goes around comes around. His ethics are one of the worst that I have come across in over 20 years.

• Fl
      18th of May, 2011

I know there is more complaints against this Mr. Smith and Kirby than what is here. Kevin you said there were more but where are they? I know that I have read more than what is here but don't know where I saw them.

• Pi
      17th of Apr, 2012

I worked there and got scammed into giving over 100 refusals and got no money. They harasse my family and Friends. Why did I get fired????? I had a dr. Appintment one day. I'm bringing this to court

• Ro
      24th of Dec, 2012

I have worked for Mr Rick Smith, he's a useless p.o.s, and he will pay for It someday. They promised me a salary of 585 if I showed the vacuum 15 times a week. It's all a lie I spent more money In gas than what I profited Rick Smith I hate you, and I hope u die! If I ever see you around I will beat ur ###ing ###. I switched to the Barre office, and they said that I would become a millionaire, and eventually own my own office, and drive a really nice car. It's all a lie please people don't give him the satisfaction of ripping you off. He's a millionaire because he rips everybody off. Their product is EXCELLENT but their lies are ###! Sorry for the language but I got ripped off BAD! He better hope I don't ever see him again!!!

• Ki
      2nd of Dec, 2014

I love working for Kirby of Concord...I am not a dealer...but Rick and Laurie helped me to the point where I am setting shows and making way more $ than I ever expected...and the bonuses I get are INSANE! So maybe people need to stop being schmucks, invest a little of their own $ and what you will get in return will blow your mind...I've seen people make well over a grand a week...maybe you just weren't cut out for the business