Kirby / Deceptive business practices

Everything about Kirby that is said about consumers is true... but not only that it is WORSE. I just got back from over seas and wanted a quick easy job. i saw an ad reading 'customer service reps needed' i thought i would make a good temporary ordeal. Well i got the job the same day. When i went in for the orientation i looked around and it seemed as though someone scrapped the bottom of the society barrel. they told us nothing of the job... just about making money. They actually said that they did not care who we were that anyone who applies for the job, gets the job! Kirby is sending ANYONE to doors to represent that stupid vacuum! Finally the next day they bring out a KIRBY! They informed us that we were going to SET appointments and that people knew we were coming. Was I ever wrong! after 4 days of learning about this stupid vacuum so that we could 'help' people, we were given a script on what to say at these peoples homes and i realized it was a sales pitch. I was naive though because i thought that clients were expecting us. then before we went out, i was informed that if i told a customer about the 3 day refund... i would be fined $50 by the company!

I was on my way to what i thought was my first 'appointment' and i was dropped off in a neighborhood to knock on doors. I was HORRIFIED!! I never wanted to be that person. when they saw i was just walking down the street, one of the Kirby guys dragged me to a house and started PESTERING someone to let me clean their carpet! i did not sign up for that! not only that but he would not leave the people alone after they politly turned down the offer. after that day i had quit. then i was told that if i did not want to do that i could do another job... i was tricked again... needless to say and i quit for the second time.

I had walked in the hot sun and was roaming streets for 12 hours! I did not receive one penny for showing up... nothing. I will be honest (unlike Kirby) i did not sell one vacuum to a poor unexpecting victim. Only 1 person from the 30 people orientation was still employed there when i quit... so that doesn't say much for Kirby employees. I know that i will get bad feedback from the Kirby door to door vampires but you made the decision to stay in a 'profession'. I understand the need to make a living but the tactics that i saw taught by kirby were absolutely disgusting. I have one thing to say... if a kirby salesman ever comes and thinks they can stick their foot in MY door, and refuses to leave MY property... they will have a BIG surprise waiting on the other end.

Va

Comments

• Ki
      22nd of Jul, 2009

ANYONE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA WHO HAS BEEN BENT OVER BY KIRBY'S 3 DAY RETURN POLICY AND WOULD LIKE RETRIBUTION, EMAIL ME AT:

IHATEKIRBY@GMAIL.COM.

I AM GOING TO TRY AND ORGANIZE A PROTEST TO TAKE THIS SALES OFFICE DOWN!

They do not tell you about their return policy and when I called within 2 days, the number provided DID NOT WORK! When I finally got a hold of someone they were extremely rude and unforgiving. If that is not pulling a fast one on someone I don't know what is. I want to make their lives a living hell!

• Bi
      15th of Nov, 2010

hey ihatekirby, I really need to talk to you seriously. My daughter just got a job with them and I am very concerned. Please email me at bimmerboi99@yahoo.com. I got some questions for you.

thanks