Kip Killmon's Tyson's Ford / Fraudulent Car Sales

8201 Leesburg PikeLeesburg, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-360-0172
The Engine of the 2004 Chrysler Concorde LXi purchased on EBAY Item
number:[protected] was represented as in EXCELLENT condition. The Item is listed as Certified inspected. The seller told me several times that the car was recently inspected by their service center.
The check engine light came on after I drove the car approximately forty miles. I drove it back. The Seller said that I probably didn't put the gas cap back on tight enough. He told me that even if the light is on it's not a problem unless it's blinking. He reset the light and told me if I have any problems to bring it back. I drove the car another forty miles and the engine light came on again. I turned around but before I got back to the facility, the car started to knock and eventually stopped completely. I imagine the engine had a blown head gasket, that the seller was aware of, yet represented the engine as in excellent condition. Currently, the car is in a impound lot and I'm having the engine inspected by a certified mechanic on Monday.
The seller offers an "exclusive "drive home" warranty on this vehicle. We will warranty the engine and transmission on this vehicle for a period of 72 hours or 1000 miles from the time you pick it up.". Yet the seller made no attempts to honor the warranty once I notified him that the car died within 1 hour of picking it up. I have left numerous messages on the sellers cell phone and work phone. He has occasionally responded to my emails but he has not offered any assistance in the situation.
The condition of the vehicle was grossly misrepresented. I believe the seller was fully aware of the vehicles condition and deceptively attempted to cover up the defects.
My

Comments

Bi
  3rd of Feb, 2009
What do you expect from car sales.people? They are ###
Ke
  17th of Jun, 2009
I had a very similar experience with Chris and the Tyson team. They totally misrepresented the vehicle, got me to fly in from the midwest, and put me in a waiting room for 5 hours before they showed me the car(they said it wasn't ready). During my wait, I sneaked back to the detail area, only to see the vehicle unattended. They later tried to hurry me out without letting me look at the vehicle. To make a long story short, I was the victim of a well rehearsed scam!! If anyone would like to get together to seek restitution on this matter, please contact me at Kevin@Jonesdomain.com