King Surplus / Resell check

I brought the Baler (MAREN MODEL 72 HORIZONTAL SEMI-AUTOMATIC BALER) from Robin King on 02/05/07. After a couple of month storage in his warehouse, I did not need it anymore so I ask him to resell it for me. Finally the Baler was sold at the end of September 2008. Until today, I did get any of the money. I try calling and e-mailing him but no Answer.

Th

More King Surplus Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ji
  17th of Mar, 2009

I brought the Baler (MAREN MODEL 72 HORIZONTAL SEMI-AUTOMATIC BALER) from Robin King on 02-05-07. After a couple of month storage in his warehouse, I did not need it anymore so I ask him to resell it for me. Finally the Baler was sold at the end of September 2008. Until today, I did get any of the money. I try calling and e-mailing him but no Answer.Inv# KSC143-416 Sales Order #: 10063-RK ADDITIONAL DETAILS: Account Number: Order Number: 10063-RK

Tc
  31st of Jul, 2009

Right...these guys are scam artists.

Da
  1st of Sep, 2009

Please send all details of you complaint to
Customer_Service@kingsurplus.com

We will review the issus and try to resolve the issus.

1st of Feb, 2011

This customers statements are misleading. He also posted twice under two different names.

We are in the liquidation / auction business preforming liquidations for Banks and Companies, many of which are closing their doors. For our service to be functional items must be removed promptly and thus the need for liquidation / auction. It is auction industry standard for buyers to loose their purchase if not picked up after 3-10 days and 99% of our buyers take their items with in 48 hours. We typically give our buyers 1 week with the possibility of an extension. IN THIS CASE IT WAS 2 YEARS!

This was an international buyer. We believe the real issue with this buyer not picking up his item was due to the fact that this item was very large item (10, 000 lbs). The removal, load-out & international shipping would have been as much as or more than the item itself. Quite frankly, in his own words: he did not have the extra money for these expenses. Not being local also made it difficult for him and the airline tickets would have been expensive I'm sure. We regret the buyer lost his item. We are here to help buyers understand these costs before the auction, but it is unfair to accuse us of being dishonest when he not only had more than ample time to make the pick up but failed to communicate with us.

King Surplus has been in business since 1970. We sell hundreds of thousands of items per year and normally have more than 36, 000 items in liquidation at any given time. If what this buyer said was true we would have hundreds, if not thousands, of dissatisfied buyers making comments such as this. We here at King Surplus will go out of our way to help buyers know what the associated cost of S&H are before the liquidation. However, we are not shippers but liquidators and there is a point where the buyer must take responsibility for their purchase, pick it up, move it, pay storage or something. If not, in any auction you go to the buyer will ultimately risk loosing their purchase.

Thank you for taking the time to hear our side of this complaint.
King Surplus

1st of Feb, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to hear our side of this complaint.
King Surplus

Mi
  20th of May, 2011

Hugh Lie MR. King please save your time paying your customers back!!! Not typing a large lie to save your company!! You are a BIG (((((((((( SCAM )))))))))) ROBIN KING IS A SCAM!!! KING SURPLUS IS A SCAM!!!

20th of May, 2011

Mr. Wilkinson, I'm not sure who you are. I looked in our customer and supplier databases and can not find your name. If you have a problem with King Surplus or myself my personally please feel free to email me directly at rking@kingsurplus.com. I'm very happy to listen to what you have to say, especially if we have offended or wronged you in anyway. We are not scam agents, we are a 41 year old family company founded by my father and now my wife and I, our adult children and our grandchildren own and run the business. We strive to have excellent service and we guaranty our descriptions of the assets in our liquidations. As a result in markets such as eBay (KINGSURPLUS) our FEEDBACK is 100% positive and we have not only attained POWER SELLER seller status but we have a nearly PERFECT 5 STAR rating which is very very difficult to attain. I am very perplexed at your statement and if you would please contact me via email I would love to hear what you have to say. I look forward to hearing from you ... Robin King CEO King Surplus.