King of Swords / BUYER BEWARE!!!

1 1775 West Oak Pkwy Suite 200, Marietta, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 678-264-8205

I purchased a cane advertised to be 36" in length and with a solid wood handle. The cane that arrived was only 30" in length and the handle was made of metal. I called customer service (never an answer) and emailed back and forth with a customer service representative for a few days. I was informed that I could not exchange the item because they do not have a 36" cane in stock. Their website lists many canes of 36" in length, by the way. When I asked for a refund they demanded that I pay for return shipping (ok) AND a 20% restocking fee. They repeatedly refused to exchange the item for what I had actually ordered and demanded the restocking fee and shipping costs. They never had my item in stock, but it is advertised on the site. They also request a 20% restocking fee after having sent you the wrong item. This is a scam.

Comments

• Xr
      25th of Sep, 2009
    King of Swords - non delivery/no refund
    King of Swords
    3000 Johnson Ferry Rd Suite 103/104
    Marietta
    Phone: 866-691-0305/678-528-8626

Ordered a sword as a Christmas gift in December 2008. Never received merchandise. Called and cancelled order. I was sent an email assuring me that my credit card account would be refunded. Needless to say, that did not happen. Have attempted to contact someone, not just a voice mail, to no avail. This place is nothing but a scam.

• Ke
      2nd of Feb, 2010
    King of Swords - faliure of delivery or communications
    King of Swords
    3000 Johnson Ferry Road
    Marietta
    Phone: 678-528-8626
    kingofswords.com

Ordered a sword rack after christmas for my son and I have never received it and here it is begining of febuary repeated attemptsby email and phone and nothing

• Se
      23rd of Mar, 2010

Despite their claim of "Worldwide Shipping", my order was canceled (even though it is perfectly legal both to buy and own a stun gun in Japan - they are for sale everywhere) and I waited, patiently, for a refund to be issued.

None was forthcoming.

When some weeks had passed and I had to write to ask where my refund was, I was instructed to "contact my credit card company" in order to facilitate my refund. Quite what power they imagined my credit card company had in instructing them to pay me back is beyond me. I had never heard of anything so ridiculous - it is up to King of Swords to refund my money; it is certainly not my credit card company's responsibility.

I was told to wait and that "an e-mail confirmation" would be sent to me when a refund had been issued. So, I waited - and waited - and waited. But, nothing.

I even offered to have the refund made to my Paypal account - no answer.

"The King wants to know what you think!" - really? what evidence do they have for making this claim? I have requested a refund from them time after time and the King does not appear interested in hearing what I think at all.

My advice: AVOID!
    Their customer service is non-existent and reflects the quality of the swords they sell - poor imitations of the real thing.

• Tr
      25th of Mar, 2010

I was stupid enough to place an order with King of Swords after my brothers girlfriend found the site, he found a Thunder Cat Sword and was beside himself with excitment.
    I placed the order on the 17th January 2010 and was informed it would take two weeks which would mean it would be through for his birthday.
    They were very quick to take there money out of my account on the 20th January and to charge me oversea transaction fees which totalled £61.01.
    25th March still no sword still no refund still no one willing to reply to emails or telephone calls, which cost a fortune from the UK not only that but after the phone stops ringing it goes to music playing which makes you think your in a queue and that your actually get an answer, but it just plays music for ages on end and runs up your phone bill.
    There rubbish and not only that it was a birthday prescent for my very excited brother.

• To
      21st of Sep, 2010
    King of Swords - no refund
    kingofswords.com

I placed an order on the 3rd of february 2010 and have still not heard from them and have not responded to any of my calls or e-mails

• Pi
      13th of Oct, 2010

hi everyone, I have also been a victim of KOS...they played the same game with me where they would tell me that the items were either on back order or not in stock, blah blah blah, but they had already taken their money from my account. The finally got to where they stopped answering my emails...i finally searched online for complaints of this company and found this site and another and gave me some ideas of what to do...so I emailed them one more time, using the email [protected]@aol.com and sent copy to [protected]@kingofswords.com explaining what they have done and how I expect it to be fixed and then I threw in a little bit about me contacting the Cobb county sheriff's department, which is where they are located in Georgia...checked my email next day and they replyed saying that they cancelled my order and that i should recieve a full refund by the end of this Friday 10/15/10, so we will see if they follow thru with the refund part...so everyone try this same technique and tell them not to force you to have to contact their sherrif's dept and get them involved...good luck everyone!