Kindred Learning / Scam and fraud!

1 150 E. Broadhollow Dr.Woodland Hills, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 801-423-2556

This company is really shady. I ordered one of their books. After the order was sent but before it order processed I realized I had put in my address wrong. I canceled the first order and ordered again, with the right address. However, I discovered they had already charged my credit card for both the mistake and the real order. It was more than a week later they shipped my order. (I think this violates VISA policy.)

I have tried e-mailing them about a refund for the order with a mistake and never received a response. I have tried calling them but they don't even have a cheap $10 answering machine, their phone just rings and rings. I would really recommend avoiding this company. (BTW their books are really just a journal of what their family did complete with a large number of large pictures. Only get it if that is really what you are after.)

Va

Comments

So
  2nd of Jun, 2009

I have met Ken & Teri Ebert in person as well as heard them present at conferences; they do run a business but they also homeschool their multiple children, so it's entirely possible that this guy's experience happened as he said it did. His experience is regrettable, but he seems to be trying to put it on as many Internet complaint sites as possible - I've seen his story on three now, and his is the only complaint I can find.

Yes, what happened to him (her?) was not good business; however, one bad meal does not a bad restaurant make, and I find the fact that this one bad experience has generated what appears to be a bit of a vendetta on this customer's part to be unfortunate.

Kindred Learning's books are great to use, and aside from myself I also have a handful of friends who use them. This person's bad experience aside, I hardly think it's fair to label the company as "really shady."

So
  8th of Jul, 2009

Follow up: I actually just ordered a book from Kindred Learning about ten days ago, and I have it in my hands now. No problems experienced whatsoever.

La
  2nd of Aug, 2009

I have been working with Ken and Teri for over five years and have never gotten anything but perfect service from them until last year. I did get a refund from them and learned that they were having a difficult year due to a "family illness". This company is a family with several children who have done wonders in running their home and small business. I am nothing but impressed with them and saddened that they were having difficulties. As for the curriculum, I highly recommend it to LDS families that are homeschooling. I have tried other methods and always come back to Kindred Learning. Teri calls it the "method to the madness". I find this to be so true! It brings such a sense of order, peace, and harmony to what would otherwise be a crazy lifestyle. I can be nothing but grateful to them for choosing to share their advice and talents. Our family has really been blessed to find such a gem so early on in our efforts to teach and unify our family.

Ry
  13th of Jun, 2011

Last year I ordered book 4 and although shipping was very slow, I was happy with it. This year I ordered Book 1... two months later I still have not received it. I have emailed three times with no response. I have called there number three times as well. I am very frustrated. I understand that things happen but an email/refund would be nice. I am mostly disappointed because I really want the set of books.

Su
  23rd of Mar, 2012

I have placed 2 separate orders with them so far. The first took several weeks to arrive, and they did not reply to emails that I sent inquiring about the order before it arrived. The second order, placed on October 30, 2011, has yet to arrive; today's date is March 23, 2012! I have sent numerous emails, with no reply! I have tried calling them, but they NEVER answer the phone; they do not have voice mail nor an answering machine!! The total amount paid for this order was over $90!!! I would like to know how I can either get in touch with them and get the materials I ordered, or get my money back! They offer a 90 day 100% satisfaction money back guarantee, from the date of order, but if they never answer their phone or emails, how the heck are we supposed to get our money back?!!?

28th of Jul, 2012

I had read these reviews, so was a little nervous about ordering. I emailed reminders and called a lot, and never got a response. A couple weeks ago, we were in Provo, so I figured we'd drive out to their house and try to get our order in person. No One was home, so I left a note on their door. A few days later, they shut down their we-site, and I still don't have the book.

7th of Aug, 2012

Update---I called my credit card company to cancel my order. They said they would get in touch with Kindred Learning. A couple of days later, someone actually called me from Kindred Learning. I told them to cancel the order, because I got other books to take the place of the one I tried to buy from them. He said they would cancel it. I got an email today saying the order is being shipped today. They aren't answering their phone.

16th of Nov, 2012

I ordered a book from Kindred Learning on September 13, 2012 several e-mails, tons of phone calls and even a personal letter later I still have not received the ordered material. At the time I placed my order I was sent an e-mail stating the order had been placed and my credit card charged for the purchase amount. I am disappointed that I never received the home schooling help I read about because the material looked great and was recommended during a big home school conference. So two months after my order I have called my credit card company to dispute the charges and get a credit back to my account. If there is an illness in the family as stated in one of the other comments left I do hope things start looking better however in the meantime it would be nice to close the website until it can be managed properly.

Sh
  24th of Jun, 2014

I have placed numerous orders with Kindred Learning and received them all up until this past Spring. I placed and order on 4/3/2014 and 4/5/2014. My credit card was charged for both orders that totaled $60. I have NOT received my merchandise!!! I have sent numerous emails, begging for my items, begging for a refund, begging for a response. I have called there is no answering machine. I AM FRUSTRATED! I am going to dispute the charges like the lady above so that I can get a credit back to my account.