Kia Sandton- Kramerville / Why pay for braking system

1 Johannesburg, South Africa
Phone: +27 798 65 7808

I bought a Kia Cerato Koup second hand from the Kia Sandton Dealership on 28 January 2015 from a sales man called Tinyiko, the car had 47000 km on the clock . I have driven the car for 13 000 km only since purchasing. I sent the car in to Kia the Glen for its 60 000km service, only to find that the brakes pad and brake discs were finished, on average brake pads should last atleast 68 000 km depending on driving style. The car was making a noise when braking which was one of my concerns, i was told by the engineer that the car would be dangerous to drive and i had to purchase the whole braking system as the whole system was worn out,

This is when i called Kia Sandton and was referred to Abu, the warehouse Director to explain my concern. He was very rude and not helpful. Before buying the car the sales man mentioned that the car went in for a road worthy and that he changed the two front tires as the left front tire was not in a good condition, so he replaced those but did not mention as to why he changed the tires. He made it seem like he was really doing me a favor as he mentioned. I called the sales man to explain and find out why the condition of the brakes were not checked before selling the car to me, he could not answer.

Why should a dealership get away with putting ones life and other peoples life at risk when selling a car and not replacing brakes before making a sale. If the brakes were fairly new then i would not have to worry about changing them so soon after purchasing the car. who is on the wrong?

I am not happy with the overall service i received from Kia Sandton.

Kind Regards,