KIA / chipped paint

10335 Olson Rd, Harris, MN, United States
Phone: 612-363-4570

I have a 2014 KIA Sorento that has paint chips all over it. I even have some on the roof. I took it back to the dealer and they are saying it is paint chips. I am wondering how you get paint chips on the roof??? The dealer did paint the hood for me as that was really bad over 50+ chips. The hood seems to be holding up much better then the factory paint job. Because of this it is safe to say that KIA does have a paint issue going on and needs to take responsibility for it. I took my SUV to a none bias auto repair shop. They stated the paint is water base paint and is painted on very thin. For this reason the paint will easily chip and fade. So far KIA is not taking responsibility for this but the dealers are trying to help some. But only if you have a fairly new vehicle and are considered a good customer. I do appreciate what the dealer did but feel that KIA needs to do a Recall and correct the paint issue on all KIA vehicles. I have attached pictures. The pink dots is the location of the chips that I could find easily in a 30 minute time frame.

Bo