KG Suzuki / scammers

3721 Northern Blvd., Long Island City, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: (866) 603 7688

Stay away from kg suzuki... Everything about this dealership is a lie including prices!!! (sasha, jay, robert, shannon are all crooks!!!)

This car dealership is a complete scam. I was researching cars online on autotrader.com and came across their website. Don't be fooled by the below market value prices. The old saying, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is holds water. I called about a couple of different cars that was advertised on their website. Half the cars that were on the website were not even on the lot. When I got to the dealership, a sales rep named shannon showed me the lot. The first thing, he said was, "we are not the typical dealership!" I said, "what do you mean?" shannon said, "you know, the way we do things!? I should have known then that this dealership was a bunch of scammers.

Scam #1 - the internet price is a lie!!! This dealer charges a"reconditioning fee"between $[protected] on top of the internet price! Of course, this is not mentioned on their website and does not make the dealership competitive at all

Scam #2 - internet price is only valid if you finance the car through kg suzuki's bank (located in"small print" disclaimer on website). I was looking at a car for $28, 995 and when I decided to get a loan through another bank, kg suzuki changed the price to $40, 000 for the same car!!! Wtf - complete scam

Scam #3 - advertised cars on website are not accurate indication of current inventory. This dealership will say a car is available (ready to go) on the lot when the car is not even in their possession.

Scam #4 - I dealt with a salesman named shannon. He insisted on signing the buyers order and dumping me over to finance (a guy named jay with scars on neck, head and face) before even test driving the car!!! I guess that is world class customer service, kg suzuki style???

Scam #5 - this scam is even hard for me to believe but it happened. I drive off the same day with the car I was interested in. Shannon (sales rep) said to come in the next day to finalize the paperwork with finance. The next day, I came back and while I was sitting in the dealership, another sales rep took the keys to the car and tried to sell the car to someone else while I was sitting in the dealership. Mind you, the car was already sold to me. True story

Scam #6 - kg suzuki is nothing more than a fly by night chop shop. Even the salesman named shannon told me that the mechanics steal the high end electronics out of the cars on the lot. Navigations, stereos etc. Just because the description on the website says the car has a navigation system in the car, when you see the car on the lot, do not expect the car to have it.

* I have written this review in hopes to prevent others from wasting money and time. Do not even entertain the idea of engaging in business with these people. They will rip you off! The prices seem to good to be true because it is! Thank god I ended up getting a car from another dealership for a betther price and fewer miles!!!

Comments

• Al
      2nd of Feb, 2009

I totally disagree with the negative comments posted. I had a very enjoyable experience with this dealer and would definately recommend them to anyone I know who is in the market for a highline automobile. The salespeople are knowledgeable and polite. The cars are always clean and I havent had one problem with my car yet! I didnt have stressful buying through this dealer. Dont listen to the negative comments. Trust me, I have bought cars in the past and know what to look for when researching dealers and this dealer is a good, honest, and trustworthy one. I guess you cant make everyone happy but I am a happy customer.

• Ji
      9th of Feb, 2009

I dont agree with the negative comment either. I went to this dealer recently and purchased my car and didnt have a problem at all. My car is beautiful and the sales process was easy and stress free. I got a good finance rate, and a nice low monthly payment. I highly recommend this dealer.

• El
      17th of Feb, 2009

READ THE REVIEWS ON www.insiderpages.com. They are so true. This dealership is a bunch on scam artists. All 5 star reviews are BOGUS!!! They lied to me about financing (no prepayment penalty, bank fee reimbursed, etc...). There are a few reviews complaining about the same thing!!!
    Sasha - finance person - i worked with was no longer employed with them at the time I went to argue my case, NOW I read about her in other reviews. PLEASE READ ALL THE REVIEWS BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO GO TO THIS DEALERSHIP!
    I wanted to take them to court and still might. In the meantime I hope all the negative reviews would help put them out of business SOON!

• Ye
      27th of Mar, 2009

I Totally AGREE with theses neg. comments yes they were nice and knowledgeable about their vehicles, but their supposed to be, thats what a good salesman does, I just baught a car about 3 months ago, but Im from out of state, I have already spent $1500 on repairs for the car, come on now!!! The first 2 weeks I baught the car I took it to get inspected It failed because of the tires, I wen't back to KG suzuki to complain, they gave me 4 newer tires, But do you know what else they did? They took my 4 used/failed tires and placed it on another car similar to mine, which means whoever buys that other car will go throuh the same crap I did. (KEEP IN MIND THEY CHANGED THESE TIRES RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE) secondly, the cd player wasnt even working when I baught it, you can say its my fault for not bringing a cd when buying a new car, but honestly They shouldn't be selling a car that is not fixed. Talk about scams, your definately right about the prices, my car said 16, 000 online when I baught it, it was 25, 000, now I know they are taxes involved when buying a car but never have I seen taxes and labor for 9, 000 dollars more then the valued price, are you kidding me? Im sorry for anyone who had to go through anything like I did, or even worse, my lawyer is working on things for me so im happy about that, Im not really the type of person to make a big deal over little things but when your selling me car with bad tires your messing with my SAFETY, and this is one guy you dont wanna mess with. Lets see what they have to say when I show up with my lawyer this time. Ever herd of the Lemon Law?

8th of May, 2009

AGREE. THIS IS COMPLETELY TRUE, SAME HAPPENED TO ME.
    BUT THIS IS NOT OVER... I'M NOT DONE WITH THESE F-ING SCAMMERS

8th of Jun, 2009

I AGREE 100% THAT THEY ARE SCAMMERS, I BOUGHT A 2005 AUDI 6 FROM THEM IN MAY OF 08 WHEN AND IT ENDED UP BEING A LEMON THE WHOLE TRANSMISSON BLEW OUT AFTER A MONTH AND I WENT DOWN TO KG AND THEY TOLD ME I HAD TO TAKE IT TO AUDI CAUSE I WAS STILL UNDER THE FACTORY WARRANTY, BUT WHEN IT WAS IN AUDI IT WAS OUT OF SERVICE FOR 36DAYS CAUSE THE TRANNY WAS GONE THEY TRIED TO SALVAGE AND FIX WHAT THEY COULD BUT THAT WASNT HAPPENING SO THEY HAD TO ORDER A TRANSMISSON FROM GERMANY WHICH TOOK LIKE 15 DAYS, THEN EVEN AFTER THE TRANSMISSON WAS IN GOOD CONDITION SOMETHING ELSE WAS WRONG WITH THE CAR IT WAS NEVER ENDING ISSUES! MIND YOU I WAS 8 1/2 MONTHS PREG STRESSING OVER THIS CAR THAT I JUST BOUGHT AND I CANT DRIVE AND I PAID A S*&T LOAD OF MONEY FOR CAUSE I GOT RIPPED OFF, SO WHEN MY HUSBAND CAME ON LEAVE FROM AFGHANISTAN THAT WEEK I GAVE BIRTH HE WENT AND SPOKE TO THE AUDI DEALER ABOUT THE VEHICLE AND WE DECIDED TO GET A LEMON LAWYER AND WE SUED THEM AND SUED AUDI JUST CAUSE AND THEY GAVE US OUR REWARD OVER 6MONTHS AGO AND THEY GAVE ME A DISCOUNT FOR ANOTHER PURCHASE FROM A OFFICIAL DEALER BUT I DONT EVEN THINK I WANT TO DEAL WITH AUDI EVEN THOUGH. KG DIDNT EVEN HAVE THE COURTESY TO ANSWER ANY OF THE PETITIONS WHICH LINGERED THE LAWSUIT! MY LAWYERS HAD TO FILE FOR A MOTION BE DEFAULT WHICH MEANS THAT I AM AWARDED THE DECISION BECAUSE THEY FAILED TO CONTEST TO THE CASE.IT WOULD OF ALL BEEN OVER AND SETTLE AND I WOULD OF ENJOYED MY $$ BY NOW. THIS IS WHAT THEY DO THIS IS HOW THEY MAKE A LIVING BUT I VOWED THAT LAST DAY I WENT DOWN THERE THAT THEY WERE GOING TO PAY FOR WHAT THEY DID BY SELLING ME THE CAR AND TREATING ME THE WAY THEY DID. MY HUSBAND IS IN THE US ARMY AND HES A FEDERAL AGENT HE WASNT TOO HAPPY WITH THEM AND THE WAY THEY DISRESPECTED ME AND HE WENT DOWN THERE HAD A SERIOUS CONFRONTATION AND HAD TO HAUL HIM OUT OF THERE CAUSE HE COULD LOSE HIS POSITION OVER STUPIDITY. THAT BUSINESS IS GOING DOWN REGUARDLESS ..AND YES THEY DO WRITE THEIR OWN REVIEWS AND RATE THEM SELVES THE STARS APPARENTLY, CAUSE I HAVE YET TO BUMP INTO SOMEONE WHO HAS A SINGLE GOOD THING TO SAY ABOUT THEM AND THEIR BUSINESS PRACTICES. SO DONT EVER EVER EVEN GIVE THEM THE SATISFACTION BY ENTERTAINING THEM YOUR BETTER OFF GOING TO MAJOR I BOUGHT 2 CARS IN THE PAST FROM MAJOR BUT BECAUSE I HEARD THAT THEY WERE BUYING AND REBUILDING CARS I WASNT TOO HAPPY WITH THAT IDEA AND DECIDED TO GO ELSE WHERE BUT LESSON LEARN A YEAR AND A LAWSUIT LATER!

• Bm
      11th of Oct, 2009

2006 BMW 330i be careful when i went to see this car the battery was dead... took a hour to charge only to find out there was no GAS in the car... the must have damaged the engine... price started at 19996 now it's 18995... be careful that car is damaged guaranteed!!

• Ih
      8th of Dec, 2009

YOU ARE ALL LIARS!!!

• Ih
      8th of Dec, 2009

you people work for that criminal major world, all felons work there!!!

• Ju
      29th of May, 2010

I disagree with the neg comments the [protected]@ KG Suzuki were very friendly and knoweledgable about the cars. I got my 2007 nissan altima there at the internet price of 11, 995 and once I was done with finacing my payments were affordable and less the 400 a month. I give them two thumbs up...

• Ga
      25th of Oct, 2010

Yes as now we have the power to face-off these type pf people via sharing our experiences with other to save them from some of the biggest mistakes of their lives.

THEY ARE SCAMMERS...!!!

• Ca
      7th of Jan, 2011

I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THESE NEGATIVE REVIEWS.I WORKED FOR KG SUZUKI FOR 3 YEARS AND IT WAS A PLEASURE WORKING THERE.OWNER FOUND FEW EMPLOYEES DOING DRUGS SO HE FIRED THE WHOLE BUNCH.THESE GUYS ARE NOW WRITING NEGATIVE REVIEWS.WHEN I WORKED THERE WE ALWAYS TREATED CUSTOMERS VERY RESPECTFULLY AND WERE VERY HONEST IN OUR DEALINGS.I WANT TO KNOW WHICH DEALER ADVERTISES CLEAN CARFAX ON ALL THERE CARS BECAUSE THEY ONLY SOLD CLEAN CARS.TRUST ME AND GO THERE AND YOU WILL FIND OUT.

• Ro
      13th of Feb, 2011

Hey everyone. Today I am sharing my experience with you guys. What happened to me was before I went to store. I check on Internet I found the car that I want. I call them and they said still the car is available. I call twice. They told me same way. Car is still their. Then I ready myself and I went to the bank and I took the money. Then I went to the store. When I get their. The already sold. Car is not their. Reason they tell me lie is they want me to come to the store. They hope me to buy another car. I am telling you price you saw on Internet is totally lie. If you don't trust me you can go to visit their store. Price you saw on Internet like 7000$ when you get their it is like 14000$ finally hope to help out you people.

• Ro
      13th of Feb, 2011

What about price you put on Internet. Is that the real price? Just answer that first

• Wa
      28th of Feb, 2011

i agree with negative comments. same thing happen with me. dont ever think to go their. there are big lier, price you saw on internet is not true, dont believe that price, i had worst experience with this company, Please dial 311 to give complain about this company, hope to close this company,

14th of Mar, 2011

With any business if u allow ur self to taken advantage of you will be taken advantage of . Dispite all the negative things I heard about KG suzuki I purchased a 2006 Mercedes Benz c 280 in January of 2011 the car was listed on line for 13, 990.00 When I got there the only fees tht were added were destination and something called prep which totaled up to no more than 1, 000.00. the car drives great Rick were very nice they even brought me lunch which I totally didn't expect. All and All I can say I brought a good car @ a good price from a descent place Thank U KG Suzuki

• Ju
      18th of Mar, 2011

The prices are fake they are advertised way below book value. The warranty conpany Guardian is totally fake the finance MGR Richard Migon is a liar and will rob u blind. He is a quick talker and will confuse you. BEWARE OF KG SUZUKI AND IF YOU DO DECIDE TO GO THERE TAKE A CACULATOR WITH U. KINNEY GALANI IS AN INDIAN IMMIGRANT STEALING THE AMERICAN CITIZENS HARD EARNED MONEY

• Br
      6th of Apr, 2011

They are Absolute scammers. I agree the interbnet prices are bogus. they will add another 4000 as some title charge on top of it and will make you finance through them for a hefty %. On top of it the cars are pure lemons. STAY AWAY STAY AWAY STAY AWAY

• Br
      6th of Apr, 2011

STAY AWAY STAY AWAY STAY AWAY COMPLETE SCAMMERS HERE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ON THEM!!!

23rd of Apr, 2011

just don't go there it's just dissappp!!!
    they're liers!!!
    all prices on inet are, PLUS AT LEAST 30%-50%!

• Na
      2nd of May, 2011

I def agree w/ all the negative reviews. UNPROFESSIONAL IS NOT THE WORD !!! WASTE OF TIME

• Lu
      3rd of Aug, 2011

Ha it's so obvious the so called positive feed back posted by Alexander + jimmysjam are fake and are actually the crooks that work at KG Suziki. Get a life guys!! You are bunch of crooks and people will hopefully make a stand and expose your scams.

• Li
      15th of Apr, 2012

I was shopping new suzuki kazashi and we went to kg suzuki, dealer had a car ready for test drive, i had made a appointment with them that morning.Than i saw this 2008 bmw 535xi my jaw dropped car is so beautiful i right away asked for test drive.when we came back i was all set to buy this car, i had a certified check to buy new suzuki instead i used the check to buy this gorgeous bmw, i get compliment's all the time.it has twin turbo and all wheel drive.salesman kris was very helpful.please buy from him next time you go to kg suzuki.all i have to say i got my money's worth at a very great price and with great service.thank you kg suzuki i will be seeing you soon, my son is graduating this year and he needs a car.Every employee at kg suzuki was professional, courteous, and extremely helpful. Our purchase went perfectly smooth, quick, and without a hitch. I felt very comfortable with this dealer and would definitley do business with them again.

7th of Jun, 2012

A friend of mine bought a 2006 BMW 330xi there. When she initially went to get a car, they showed her one car. She put a deposit down on the car and they sold the car that she put the deposit down on. They pushed her to another car that they had just bought in, not knowing that the car they gave her was worth more than the car she initially looked at. She bought the car but was paying a big monthly payment on a car that was "supposed" to be less than $19, 000 because of fees. The good thing is she got a better car than she wanted and that was only because they didn't check the car themselves but hurriedly sold her to get her off the lot. We complained to the owner and he tried to blame her for not buying the car the same day. I hope that they get put out of business.

• Da
      14th of Oct, 2012

I love my bmw which i bought from kg suzuki it was really a pleasure doing buisness with un beliaveable set of people.we went to several dealers to buy a car only kg suzuki got us approved.Finance manager told us kg suzuki was part of 50 car dealership group and there relations with over 70 diffrent banks helped me get approved, I LOVE YOU KG SUZUKI

17th of Oct, 2012

I called the car dealership on 10/8/2012 and let them know that the check engine light was on. I spoke directly to my sales rep Mieke and he stated that the light was on because I was due for an oil change. I sent the car in for an oil change at Little Motors in Albany NY and they stated that the light was on because something needed to be replaced on the vehicle. I went to a foreign repair shop and they told me that I needed a new part in the vehicle that would cost 600.00 to replace. I called KG Suzuki and spoke to Mario in the service department. He stated that they will fix the vehicle because I was still under my 90 day warranty. I told KG Suzuki that I lived 3 hours away and they stated not a problem bring the car in on Friday 10/12/2012 and it will be fixed on 10/13/2012. So I did just that. I left several messages for the general manager Daryl before my arrival to see if I could get a loaner vehicle and received no call back. When I arrived at the dealership I was told by Mario in service that Daryl was not in and I could not get a loaner vehicle. 10/16/2012 the check engine light is back on and the issue is not resolved. I never received any paperwork for the vehicle stating what they fixed or changed and I been having problems with the vehicle since I purchased it.

• Mo
      10th of Jan, 2013

I FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT.

• Mo
      1st of Feb, 2013

KG SUZUKI of Northern Blvd. Queens has earned a reputation; this business is absolutely the most dishonest, cheating, lying, con artists ever! And that is an understatement. I went to buy a car for $11, 990, I gave them $3, 000 down, I should have a balance of $8, 990. After looking at the paperwork, I discover I owe them $300 for 72 months. Sure did not look like the figures on the contracts I signed. That makes a total of $24, 600 for a $11, 900 car. I have filed complaints with all agencies I can think of and I returned the car. In a blatant against the law action, they tried to give me the car with an inspection sticker from August 2012. I got the car in January 2013. I am taking legal action every place I can. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AND ALL OTHERS WITH THE NAME PLANET AUTO GROUP. These people have no conscience, no morals and not a shred of decency. Everyone that has been cheated there should come together and try to do something as a group. You can reply to this with some contact info and I will try and do something. Please read today's Daily News page 10 about another bunch of crooks; Giufree Hyundai, these guys are so bad the auto maker Hyundai is taking action against them. The New York Sate Attorney General: Eric Schneiderman already took action and is getting refunds for people that were cheated by fraudulent actions. These thieves were forced to pay $300, 000 in restitution to people they sammed. I am not the smartest guy ever, but I do not get cheated. PLEASE, SAVE YOURSELF SOME HEARTACHE, STAY AWAY FROM THIS DEN OF THIEVES. I cannot figure out how this place can still be in business.

• Ga
      27th of Jul, 2016
    KG Suzuki - Thieves
    KG Suzuki
    Long Island City
    New York
    Phone: 8883240108
    kgsuzuki.com

This is the most unethical car company I have ever dealt with. I drove 75 miles to purchase a car which was advertised as clean, 75K miles, automatic and having undergone a 160 point inspection. I also had received an attractive Internet price quote. When I arrived they could not find the car. When they did, I discovered the car was a stick with 107K miles. It was filthy damaged on the outside with the mirror hanging off of the car. When I popped the hood, the engine was filthy and the battery was green with corrosion. To top it off, when I started negotiating, the price quoted was doubled because I did not want to finance the car. Complete bait and switch. The salesman I dealt with was a liar. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THESE THIEVES.