KFC / sexual harassment

1 Jackson St.Ozark, United States Review updated:

My 2 daughters are currently employed by the KFC in Ozark, MO. They have only been employed for a few weeks. One of the managers, Daniel Waters, started coming on to them. Initially, he started saying my 20 year old daughter was attractive. He tried to get her phone number and she refused. He then started making advances to my 17 year old daughter. He asked her for her phone number also, she refused. He had access to her personnel file and called her at least 4 times. He asked her to date him and she told him NO every time.

Mr. Waters is 30 years old. He is divorced and has a 3 year old daughter. Since he is a manager, I suppose he has had sexual harassment training. If not, he should at least know that she is underage and he could get into significant legal trouble for this behavior. The details of his comments I am excluding. I've heard of 4 other young girls who have had similar encounters with this person.

The management at this facility, which include Tracy(male), Lisa and Cindy have covered up the problem. They in an act of expediency and cowardess, have decided to transfer my daughters to a different store. The problem is going to be continued. The sexual harassment is going to continue. My wife and I have tried to handle this problem with the store management. It is time for further action. It is a franchise and we couldn't find out who the owner is. We would like some information about who at the KFC corporate headquarters we can contact. We would like a specific name, address and phone number.

Thank you for your help.

St

Comments

• Kf
      1st of Mar, 2009

• Kf
      1st of Mar, 2009

I apologize as I was trying to explain the situation ten minutes ago and had technical problems. Anyways here is the scoop of what actually happened.

There has been a investigation against the reported sexual harassment that took place. After complaints of sexual harassment about Mr. Walter's we did a thorough investigation. It turned out the two daughters and several other female employees do not like Mr. Walters. All six employees who were accusing him of sexual harassment including the two daughters went out for the for their lunch break and all ordered alcholic drinks. They were late in returning and the several of them were drunk. He decided to let this slide and told them to go home as they were in no condition to work. (All six employees were underaged). He did not really let this slide, more he did not punish them as they should be punished. In normal circumstances they would have been terminated for showing up to work intoxicated instead the next day Daniel wrote them up. This was the time when they decided to make false claims about Daniel about sexual harassment for being written up. However there were holes in the story. Their stories were not consistant. Later one of the women (a sixteen year old) admited to her mother that she and her friends made these allergations up to get back at him. She was feeling guilty and they talked her into it.

Well all six of these employees are no longer part of our restaurants they were terminated when it was found that their allergations were false.