KFC Malaysia

Posted:

poor credit card payment service

KFC Holdings (Malaysia) Bhd.
Malaysia
kfc.com.my
Been to almost every KFC outlets in Penang and it seems all the outlets have the same issues.
Not too long ago, KFC started its credit card payment option service. I was delighted since I often make purchases for my family and also for events which can total up to a huge amount on the bill.
Unfortunately, it seems the credit card service is more of a sales gimmick. Most if not all the outlets does not accept credit cards!

I went to a few outlets which gave me straight forward answers stating they do not receive credit card payments even though they have the machine and the credit card sticker at the entrance.
Some outlets will say they accept but after you make your purchase they will inform you that the machine is out of order or offline.
The best experience I encountered was in Megamal Pinang KFC outlet, the manager in charge was manning the counter. When it was my turn to order I asked if the credit card machine can be use, he told me to go to the next line(the current cash register credit card machine I'm queuing does not work). So I went over to the next line and queued all over again. Again this time the cashier asked me to go to the next line because of the same problem. In the end after repeating the same process for 5 times, the last cashier told me that the machine is offline.

So I ended up walking away and head over to McD. I tried complaining through e-mails, suggestion/feedback forms...all to no avail. It seems they would just chuck it away. There isn't any proper channel for these types of problem to be complaint or handle here in Penang/Malaysia.
Complaint comments Comments (3)    Updated: Complaint country Malaysia Complaint category Food

Comments

N  25th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I do agree that the card credit payment service is very poor at KFC. I'm lucky by that time I still have cash to managed all of my order! Upon ordering, everything fine...but, during payment the told me taht the machine offline or out of function. What happend to the person who really don't have enough cash to pay on the spot?...My bad experienced happened in KFC Bentong! suckkk!
N  19th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
not just the kredit card.. all of their service, the food quality..aiyoo~ very very poor...
the workers also LOVEEE to have a chit chat, making the service even poorer...
i once bought their cheezy bbq meltz..guess what...there's no chees in there..
kedekut cheese, all of their food same je...
good things come together at kfc??? yeah rite~
A  16th of Nov, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Not just that, its same with their lesser known discounts such as those for students from International College (I think). I noticed the students ask them about its discount since there was a Promotion photo at the counter showing those with its students cards gets discount. Seems its not available as well, I noticed the students not happy about it when I went to KFC in KOMTAR, Penang. They went as far as to get the supervisor to call HQ regarding it but nothing came about it either. If its not available they should not promote it on the payment counter yet its still there.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree