KFC / kfc condones racism

South Africa Review updated:

My daughter and I visited South Africa last November. During our visit, we stopped at a KFC. In the 20 or so minutes we were in the store, the female behind the counter (native) totally ignored us. She carried on a lively conversation with a male (native) until he left the store (apx 5 minutes). Then she continued to ignore us. I called to her, asked if we could use the restroom, she said she'd check with the manager, and she disappeared. She continued to ignored us. Only because we are Caucasian.
I have called KFC headquarters to complain about the treatment we received, and to find out why they condone this behavior. The representatives told me over and over that they "will have a manager look into it and get back to [us]". One woman told us she would take it upstairs to management herself. And still nothing. A few days ago I called them again. I was told by their representative that they don't know how to get ahold of any managers, they don't have the ability to call any other department, and, basically, that they are just robots who can't do a thing, that management is ignoring us just as the woman in South Africa did.
This speaks volumes about the moral values of KFC. They not only condone racism. They officially condone racism

Comments

14th of Apr, 2012

I assume that you are American, and that you called the U.S. headquarters. You do realize that the chances of that HQ being in direct operational control of the outlet in South Africa is slim to none, right?

16th of Apr, 2012

Dear lord, what's going with this county? Came in this county in '95 to get away from racists idiots and I'm in worst place in world ! God will wipe us all from earth ..there is no good left .

16th of Apr, 2012

Do you like to read racists comments like that ? And for your info I'm a proud citizen of this ( at the one time ) beautiful & racism free country ).So, if you didn't like my comment why don't you go back ( I'm sure if not you then your parents or grandparents were from somewhere else )

16th of Apr, 2012

MaidaMaya, I've was born in this country. Can you please tell me exactly when this country was racism free because I certainly don't remember that time.