Kevin Trudeau's Freemoney / overcharged for shipping of two books

1 Madison, NJ, United States Review updated:

I ordered this book with the option of returning it and getting a full refund/(except shipping)
well how much can shipping be MORE THAN THE COST OF THE BOOK!!!
(38.00)

I TRIED TO CALL AND REASON WITH THEM, , QUESTIONING THEIR MORALS, , BUT TO NO
AVAIL GOT NOWHERE!

Don't do this, , , he is such a scam artist.. I had heard that before but now I know...

Comments

• Pe
      8th of Nov, 2007
    Kevin Trudeau's books - Didn't receive books, no response from cust. service!
    www.weightlosscures.com

I ordered the books on 10/6/07 and my credit card was charged. I have not received the books and e-mailed as instructed on my receipt to customersupport@itvcorporate.com. I have received no response. It's like a black hole.

• Su
      5th of Aug, 2009

Trudeau is King Douche of televised douchebaggery. I would like to crush that smug ###er's face.

• Js
      12th of Aug, 2009

I had the same issue. Although paid $44 for shipping! I do not have that type of money right. I am sooooooo pissed!!!

• Cu
      24th of Aug, 2009

I was ordering the book and wanted to cancel it at the same time because I feel something really suspicious about it. But they told me they can't cancel it because the order is already complete. How's stupid is that? They told me to call customer service, I called customer service right away, they then told me it's not in their system yet and they can't cancel it. I call the second time they said it's already ready to ship out and they can't stop it... This is ridiculous! I feel so stupid placing the phone call.

• Ry
      6th of Sep, 2009

LOL supervepr that was funny!!

this [censored]wipe trudeau scammed me on that debt cures book and i never got my money back so his new one with free money i dont even think so. im amazed this ### is legal to even sell its such a lie!

• Ds
      19th of Sep, 2009

Don't forget the $30 Gas incentive they throw in to "cover the cost of the book." It's actually $10 per month AFTER you send in $100 in receipts per month - and good luck waiting for the check. They won't tell you the scam incentive company that absolutely will NOT fulfill your certificate.

The s/h is also complete bs. It's like when you get a $1000 shopping spree from a car dealer and all you pay is s/h for your products. The products are all OVERPRICED by 125% - and you wind up paying $300-$350 for products that are worth $100 total/ but are 'valued' at $1000.

All the information in his books is the same bs covered by scam artists such as looong term scam artists like Mike and Irene Milin and others- when they charge $1000 to join companies like National Grants- only to charge you an additional $4000 for their top notch software after you attend the $1000- 2 day seminar you just used your last pennies to purchase - under pressure or else the cost would've doubled, etc.

Trudeau simply makes the profits in volume with ERA-type marketing and typical/old school s/h rip off tactics.

Trudeau isn't the only scam artist out there. He's right that the Government is the real perpetrator of the most fraud. All that he says IS true. The problem with him is that he comes across as the good guy in his infomercial- yet he plays the same game - preying on the same ###s the Government takes advantage of to buy his books.

Why should any business be any different? The bottom line is this country and this world has become a hopeless place. There are NO good people left in the business world (with the exception of Ron Paul- who REALLY would change our PATHETIC system- unlike Obamanation - who tries to look like the good guy- but he's just as big of a ### as the rest of them.

Everybody's out to SCAM their money- because there are truly no talented people left in the world. The only ones left are the ### of the earth.

And finally, the biggest scam artists of all are the religious freaks who say these ### will get theirs after they die. There's nothing after we die. Heaven is the biggest scam of all. You've all been programmed and brainwashed since birth. Get over it. Fight back! Life truly sucks and then you die- and that's it. So, fight back for your life and tell all these ### to shove their b.s. up your ###!!!

• Jt
      17th of Mar, 2010

It truly is a shame, that people like Kevin is allowed onTV.. Our society has no conscience anymore.. I use to think my parents were old fashion well bring those days back, , , people had integrity and pride. not anymore.. it is all about the almighty dollar.

• Po
      6th of Jul, 2010

hello this message is for Kevin Trudeau

I already placed an order for Free Money and gave you my debit card info. I am still waiting for the book. Since that time, my 4 year old cousin got his hands into everything and accidently threw my wallet in the garbage can, So, not only was my wallet and dl thrown away, but, so was my debit card.

I am placing my faith in you that my order is still being processed and I should not have to re-order the whole thing. Will you see that this order has been processed?

My name and address are noted below

ronald parker

303 maple street
    corbin, ky 40701

606-523-1422

• Po
      6th of Jul, 2010

fg

4th of Aug, 2010

RE: infomercials in general...

Every time you view an infomercial for anything, no matter how tempting the offer or straightforward the pitch, the FIRST thing you should do is go on the internet, type in the name of their product or website, then put the words "don't buy" in front of that, or the words “scam” or "rip off" behind that.
    That will usually get you past the first few pages of phony websites, constructed to blindside you with glowing comments and sham ‘testimonials’. You will then get to pages like this one, and get a real eyeful of what that not-cheap investment of a TV production is all about, and eventually learn what virtually all infomercials are all about.

For most, their objective is remarkably simple: Everything they said and did during that TV spot was aimed only at prying your credit card number away of you (period). In return, you will receive as shoddy little as they can legally get away with, while they get into your account to steal as much as they can, as fast as they can. Before you know it, you will be fighting your way through some very frustrating and time-consuming steps, trying to cut them off.

Even those rare vendors who charge you no more than advertised will likely be shipping a lower quality, mostly plastic ‘replica’ of that bright, sturdy device they demonstrated on TV. Household appliances and exercise equipt. are prime examples. But weight-loss and Get-Rich-Quick schemes are the absolute worst, when it comes to overcharging your account in return for worthless crap. And the cruelest joke of all is that their "mail-in bonuses" and “money-back guarantees” are never honored.

Know also that as things stand now, you have almost no hope of recovering what they've already taken.

Specific to Kevin Trudeau, he actually performs a great service to the general public by putting a arrogant visage on shameless scams. For the most part, we are being preyed upon by shadow figures who never show their face. It's good to be reminded that they are real people - with a criminal's smug lack of conscience.

And, as in all cases when reaching for your credit card, it's wise to remain mindful of that old Russian saying: "The only free cheese comes in a rat trap."

5th of Aug, 2010

Well ... it's not the 'Shipping' cost, per se, that you're being charged for - it's that nebulous 'Handling Charge' part. Assuming they're paying someone $500/hour to pick up a book, drop it in a carton, close and tape the lid, put a stamp on it, and set it over on that table with all the others - for the Postal Service person to pick up and haul away - then they could easily justify a $40 "Handling Fee" on top of the $4 postal cost.

Of course, if they're NOT paying that person $500/hr... then that $44 S & H charge is as big a screw job as every other aspect of that transaction.

10th of Sep, 2010

It's possible that one of the Customer Service order takers may have accidentally gone off script -one time -and actually mentioned to a prospective sucker how much that "plus a small shipping and handling charge" translated to in real dollars...but I doubt it. They're trained to talk right past that, moving on quickly, yammering their way non-stop - while pandering to your ego about how smart a decision you just made - until they get to..."and, by the way, may I have your credit card information now..."

Characteristic to these kinds of operations, that S & H charge is always, ALWAYS a nasty, unexpected surprise. And irrevocable...it's what covers that Boiler Room's payday.

So even if one were assertive enough to interrupt that diatribe, and pointedly ask how much that "plus a small shipping and handling charge" actually amounted to, the response would be an evasive "I don't know - but I'm sure it's very nominal" Or "Let me ask my supervisor ... Oh Dear, I don't see her...she must be on break right now", ...etc.

They know that they'd hear a loud 'click' before they ever got to the last syllable of "Forty-Four Dollars".