Kettle Of Fish Clothing / Failure of Reimursement & Returns

1 Long Island, NY, United States Review updated:

I have never had such poor service and experience online as I have with Kettle of Fish Clothing Co. Since I received my daughter's clothing order from Kettle of Fish Clothing online I have been unable to contact them on over ten e-mails and phone calls...it has been almost TWO WEEKS. They have yet to reimburse me for an outfit I paid for-when my package arrived they wrote "sold out" on the order slip and never reimbursed my account. The number on their website I have called SEVERAL times to also return a dress and there has been no answers and no return e-mails. I shop daily online and have never had this experience. Lastly, the coupon coede they gave me with my order did not work. I am glad to see I am not alone with Kettle of Fish's customer service.

Comments

• Ke
    Best Best Advice

We are Kettle of Fish Clothing and we have no record of a Gwen N. Sonnie, Gwen Sonnie, Gwenn Sonnie or any name even resembling the name associated with this comment, placing an order with us ever. Kindly contact us at [protected]@kettleoffishclothing.com so that you may correspond with us directly, if you do, in fact, have a valid question or issue. We do graciously offer coupon codes that we enclose with orders and we can guarantee the coupon code is valid through the expiration date listed however we are interested in learning why you would shop with us a second time (and attempt to utilize a coupon code) if you were unhappy with the first order. Please advise.

Jul 31, 2011

Who are you? Please identify yourself and contact us at [protected]@kettleoffishclothing.com. We have no record of a Gwen Sonnie at all. We have not charged for items not received. If an item is out of stock, it is refunded through the credit card company with which a payment was originally processed. In addition, your original comment here states that you were utilizing a coupon code that you received with your order. Why would you ever shop with us a second time if you were so very unsatisfied with your first order?

Jul 31, 2011

and it is apparent that all impudent1 does is comment upon issues that are of no pertinence to either him or her.

• Go
      Jul 31, 2011

Wow. Bad business practice kettle of fish. Contact the BBB OP and show them this page showing how the company displayed your info on a public site and threatened you with libel. Contact the corporate office too and send them a screenshot of this page so they see how this rep poorly represented their business. Unbelievable response from the company. I will tell everyone to stay away.

Impudent1 and others that have responded:

While we appreciate your concern for a customer's personal information we need to express the following:
    Please try to consider learning facts about erroneous and inappropriate items being posted on this and other "complaint" websites before you comment. Our business, as with many other online boutiques, shops and websites, have grown to be extremely competitive, with owners/employees of many competing sites posing as customers and posting negative reviews about the competition, simply to make his or her own store look better. It has become, at the very best, a disgraceful, vicious and tasteless practice and one that of which our shop as well as many others, have been forced to face and endure the brunt.

We kindly request that you not comment unless you know the specific facts of an individual case concerning this, or quite frankly, any situation.

If you know the specific facts of this case and the

Aug 04, 2011

DV8, we are not meaning to be negative or confrontational, we are posting for the purpose of trying to find legitimate people on here that could actually help us, perhaps, people on here that might know more than others we have contacted thusfar. We believe we are within the parameters of our privacy policy however what we described above is a significant and very real issue that online sites are forced to work through.

Might anyone know of a "complaint board" or registry for fraudulent "customers" or those posing as customers, using stolen/illegitimate credit card information and/or name/shipping information?

Aug 04, 2011

Wow...we did not violate any privacy policy. In addition, we're a small business in the US attempting to combat fraud as best as we can. Apparently no one here can help???

Aug 04, 2011

impudent1, we actually DO NOT WANT this issue to go away and, though no one here has addressed it, what the online community might really NEED, is help with the issue initially raised and the subsequent topics that follow from it. It is obvious that people posting here are not interested in solving a problem but enjoy engaging in a "lynch mob" mentality of bad-mouthing a person or business with which they have little or knowledge or experience. Does anyone here even KNOW how to go about solving a problem or does everyone just take pleasure in constantly complaining? Why have the board if you are not going to work together to try to help people and fix things?

First off, everyone commenting on identity theft, if you are sincerely concerned about any type of identity theft, YOU SHOULD NOT BE ON A COMPUTER RIGHT NOW. Throw it out along with your credit cards and social security card also, for that matter. Stop writing your birthday down on applications and forms and letting others know what it is. If you can't bring yourself to go to this extreme, at least stop shopping online and cancel your social networking pages. EVERYONE THAT POSTED HERE KNOWS THIS TO BE TRUE.

Regarding the original information posted in this thread, save for the first commenter, has anyone ever shopped with the business you are commenting on? Do you happen to know the facts of the specific transactions referenced? If any of you are really invested in educating the public about business practices and professional ethics, then, to use your word, you would be "APPALLED" to learn about actual truth of the circumstances surrounding the initial comment. Would you be "APPALLED" to know that NONE OF IT IS TRUE? Is it okay to intentionally and publicly post lies about a person or a business with the specific intent of hurting them? Why don't you ask Phoebe Prince, the 15 year old girl that committed suicide last year after the lies that were posted about her on Facebook? http://www.care2.com/causes/the-real-mean-girls-15-year-old-girl-commits-suicide-after-intense-bullying.html

A business, such as ours, employs people just like yourself, your friends and/or your relatives. Whenever people intentionally post comments erroneously, incorrectly or irresponsibly, about a business, or engage in the many other types of fraudulent activity, including payment and shipping scams, etc., they, of course, have the potential to negatively affect the business including cutting jobs (potentially YOUR jobs) and raising retail prices (the prices YOU pay); these are just the very first ripples felt of that stone that is cast into the water.

We wouldn't be responding to these comments if we didn't feel so strongly about this issue SIMPLY BECAUSE THE INITIAL POST IS NOT TRUE...and if our post can help EVEN ONE BUSINESS OWNER from getting taken advantage of or becoming the victim of fraud as we have experienced, then we are grateful to be able to help.

• He
      Aug 05, 2011

I'm glad I saw this. I was going to order from this company but after reading the com[plaint and the comments I'm going to give this company a wide berth. Unbelievable. I know I would sue if I ever saw my information spilled by a company on a public site. Thanks guys!

• He
      Aug 05, 2011

Oh and kettle - you're off topic.

Aug 05, 2011

Kettle of Fish, you came to defend your business and managed to do quite the opposite. Anyone reading this complaint will think twice before shopping with you.

Aug 07, 2011

Thank you to all who have posted on this site in response to our comments; you have, albeit and we surmise, unintentionally, created a venue for us to bring to the public's attention, people who have been involved in, engaging in or are, perhaps, considering embarking upon, the business of internet fraud. We will continue to post information regarding fraudulent and deadbeat customers as well as those who choose to utilize stolen credit card information. We will post it on this thread and any other thread we find. We are SICK of people trying to take advantage of others, as we have personally fallen victim to it so we know the tedious and labor intensive actions that follow for the one who has been violated and from the reprecussions that follow.

Don't you all get it?????!!! WE ARE A BUSINESS THAT WANTS NOTHING, N-O-T-H-I-N-G, NOTHING to do with fraud and/or scams in any way!!! ... ...if, maybe, someone actually STOLE YOUR credit card information or is using YOUR shipping or billing address illegally...we might print the information concerning the perpetrator here..., until someone creates a site for soley business owners...

And truthfully, no one on this site should be complaining so vehemently unless, of course, you are engaging in some sort of fraud yourself...

KETTLEOFFISHCLOTHING.COM - KETTLEOFFISHCLOTHING (DOT) COM - KETTLE OF FISH CLOTHING - KETTLE OF FISH - KETTLE OF FISH CLOTHING CO. - KETTLE OF FISH - will do nothing AND/OR engage in any of the FRAUD referenced on this site previously. Kettle of Fish Clothing/Kettle of Fish Co./Kettle of Fish Clothing Co./Kettle of Fish Clothing, Inc./ Kettle of Fish/ www.kettleoffishclothing.com/KETTLEOFFISHCLOTHING.COM - KETTLEOFFISHCLOTHING (DOT) COM - KETTLE OF FISH CLOTHING - KETTLE OF FISH - KETTLE OF FISH CLOTHING CO. - KETTLE OF FISH CO. IS COMMITTED TO COMBATTING, FIGHTING AND PERSECUTING, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT, ANY ENTITY COMMITTING A FEDERAL, STATE AND/OR LOCAL JURISTICTION CRIME AGAINST ANY PERSON COMMITTING PAYMENT, LIBEL, SLANDER, SHIPPING AND/OR INTERNET FRAUD.

KETTLE OF FISH CLOTHING DOES NOT ACCEPT CUSTOMERS USING FRAUDULENT PAYMENT INFORMATION AND/OR BILL TO AND/OR SHIP TO ADDRESSES. KETTLE OF FISH CLOTHING WILL NOTIFY OTHER ENTITIES IMMEDIATELY UPON RECOGNITION IF FRAUD HAS OCCURRED.

• Ih
      Aug 07, 2011

ILC3, seriously...i saw your pic on another site...please...holy cow!!! You are nice to look at...

• Mr
      Aug 07, 2011

ILC3, can I get in on some of that????!!!mmmm...

Aug 07, 2011

KOF, are you insinuating that the person who wrote this complaint used a stolen card or committed fraud in some way? You are digging the hole deeper.

Even if the OP has not checked the comments herself, you can bet someone has emailed her by now. Especially if an attorney came across this.

• Gw
      Aug 08, 2011

FACT: Kettle of Fish has yet to reimburse me for a dress I bought back in June. The more and more you post, the more and more guilty you look Kettle of Fish...

Aug 09, 2011

I can tell you that Brenda is one of the most helpful, and certainly not a commercial spammer as you say.

Aug 14, 2011

Sherri Wrong is more like it. We all know you did not just pay 24, 31 for an iPad.

• Ta
      Nov 22, 2011

I think you should all check Better Business Burea, kettleoffishclothing.com had 15 complaints in the pats 12 months, I think no comments needed, kettleoffishclothing.com sucks, do not shop there.

• Ka
      Dec 08, 2011

I, Kat Allen ( real person using my real name so the company can't pretend this is made up) made the mistake of placing an order for a coat with Kettle of Fish. They sent me a different coat in appearance then the one pictured online, and over charged me. They ignored my note I wrote on the checkout page to be contacted regarding the seeming computer glitch that made the price jump six dollars only after it made it past the item description page and past the cart page and subtotal page to show up on the final page. They never answered the phone and I called them repeatedly for several days or returned my messages. When they finally replied to my email, they told me I basically shouldn't have placed the order if I had a problem with the unexplained price change. Afterwards I noticed in their system they changed it to now include an upsize charge on the coat but they never refunded my card. I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN. Of course the fact they have 17 complaints thru the BBB and don't allow returns or refunds tells me they will probably go out of business soon enough. I will be drinking a cocktail that day. Companies like this are what is wrong with America.

• Po
      Jan 05, 2012

I have been trying to contact KOF for the past several months. I purchased a messenger style bag for my daughter and after 2 weeks of use it has torn and frayed at the seams. I have yet to receive a return phone call or email from this company. I have filed a complaint with the BBB but have just been informed that my complaint was closed because the US Postal Service has returned the mail that was sent to KOF as undeliverable. What is up with this company. Don't they know customer service is part of the business they are in. I am so pleased that I spent $42 on a bag that can no longer be used. It lasted a whole 3 weeks.

• Ca
      May 10, 2012

I am currently having a negative experience wi6th Kettle of Fish Clothing. I have placed and order, have not heard anything from the company except them charging my credit card. Shipping time says 4-7 days. It's two weeks, my daughter wanted this dress for a function and it said in stock. I have made three calls and two e-mails to day and have heard nothing from this company. Never ever again will I order or recommend anyone order from this website. I will be going to my cc company for reimbursement. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY.

• Ca
      May 10, 2012

Horrible shopping experience with this store. I have three calls in and two e-mails and have recevied no response from Kettle of Fish Clothing. I ordered two weeks ago, shipping was 4-7 days. My daughter wanted this dress for a party but Kettle of Fish you are horrible. All you have done is charge my credit card. I will be disputing this with my cc and your company. ADVICE TO SHOPPERS - AVOID THIS WEBSITE.

May 23, 2012

caramac is a loser...

•   May 23, 2012

Savvy consumers who want to protect their private information avoid Kettle Of Fish Clothing.

• Kp
      Nov 23, 2014

I placed an order Feb.2014. I have yet to receive my order (it is now Nov.23rd). Nine months later!
    I cave called and left messages numerous times and emailed with my concerns.
    I probably should have got a clue when on a previous order, the Pre-order item still had not arrived a year later.

• Am
      Jan 08, 2015

I have ordered from this website before, KOF. The person who seems to be responding to the original complaint, from Kettle of Fish, was the same rude and arrogant jerk that sent me a nasty hate email. I had ordered items on the website and after paying for them, received an email 2 days later stating that the items were no longer available. I had emailed KOF to bring up the matter of tracking their stocked items more efficiently and I got a nasty immature email reply back… Reading all of these comments, I am actually laughing to myself that the person who owns this shop or runs it, might need some serious serious meds or even some therapy. My guess is, they might already be on something. Either way, this shop is run by a very unprofessional and complete ignorant jerk. The comments made by KOF only goes to show everyone on the internet, that they are 100% guilty. And not only guilty, but I cannot even believe the manner in which these complaints have been handled!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha……I hope this woman sinks to the bottom. She's a nasty one!

• Li
      Jan 10, 2015

Absolutely impossible, AmyChicago...the store has been out of business for years...

• Am
      Jan 27, 2015

Lisa Andersen...are you responding to my post??? What store has been out of business for years??? I am so confused by your erroneous post. I can go to the Kettle of fish website right now and order something, no? I ordered from there a couple of times in the last 3 years, so I'm not sure who you are and what you are even referring to.

Aug 07, 2015

So we hired an attorney to deal with Kettleoffishclothing.com kettle of fish clothing. They are going around the internet and slinging insults because of their poor reputation. Please contact us if you would like to be included in the class action. We are setting up a site now and will post back shortly. The owner of this establishment has made many false claims, has numerous accounts, and attempts to post from fictitious accounts about her competitors. K P**ry will be held responsible for libel shortly folks. Please check back shortly.