Kenworth Lending Group / Scam alert, Bogus Co. Spoof card users?

1 17 west 24th street, New York, Ny. 10010Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-781-2871 ext. 615

I was contacted by a Nathan Myers who stated that he may be able to help me acquire a loan for $8000.00. @ 6%. He faxed me some loan docs that appeared legit to my toll free business number. The number that came up on my billing list is
[protected] which is an unpublished San Diego, Ca. listing. He also called me on my home phone today and
[protected] showed on my caller ID. All I can find out about that number is it is from Ontario, Canada. Otherwise the number doesn't exist. I also have the same fax number as the other complaints list, [protected] that is an unpublished land line in New York, NY. [protected] doesn't show up on any directory and Kenworth Lending Group is not listed anywhere around New York City. They didn't get my money because I stopped payment on the moneygram for $700.00 that Nathan instructed me to send to Shannon Cassidie in Toronto, Ontario. I am expecting him to call me in the morning and I will see what he has to say at that time, I left him a voice mail at the toll free number telling him they can have their money after the $8000.00 is in my bank acct. Let's see what they try next, I have friends in low places too, some in NYC even, but I doubt they are even in the US, that's why they think they can do this. I have seen alot of warnings concerning Canadian wanabe scammers lately and I intend to track these suckers down. Toll free numbers are easy to get and affordable too. That won't help much. But anyone can purchase a spoof card online, then you program in what you want to appear on people's caller ID, the call can't be traced, you can even have some of them alter your voice. I hope enough people see these reports to shut these idiots down, but they need to be held accountable for their crimes and spend some time in a cell. I hope I get to be a part of putting them away.
Also here is a list of the actual businesses at 17 west 24th street, New York, NY 10010:

All businesses at 17 W 24th St, New York, NY 10010

G.Merce Cordero Antiques Inc
17 W 24th St, New York, NY‎ - [protected]) 647-7528‎ - 0.1 mi N

Comments

12th of Sep, 2009

All details outlined in the above statement, the phone/fax numbers, sounding/looking ligit, etc.; the name Nathan Myers, loan for $8000 @ 6% all the same...EXCEPT my payment was $243/mo and 7 mos in advance for a 'security deposit' totalling $1458.66 - but to save me some money, Nathan told me to only send $1400 to Denise Talis. This was also to be sent MoneyGram to her my 'private lender' in Toronto, Ontario. After I sent the MoneyGram I remembered this site and glad I did. I immediately went to MoneyGram and stopped the transaction. I also called Nathan and asked him to give me a call when he gets into the office on tomorrow (9/12/09). You are right, if they are legit, deposit the $8000 into my account on tomorrow, I will resend the security deposit and include the additional $58.66. LET'S STOP the people from taking advantage of those of us who are in a fix and need some real legit help.

• Ny
      20th of Sep, 2009

Thank you for this, too bad I read it too late. I hope others don't get ripped off as I did.

• Wr
      26th of Sep, 2009

This company preys on people that are in need. We had a call from the exact people involved above for a home loan (after bankruptcy). We checked the address of their supposed place of business (the NY address above) and found that the building was for sale. My husband left a message for an agent to call him to see if they really did exist. That was three weeks they ago and we still have not heard from them. (We're wondering if the building being for sale is another scam.) Also, the New York Attorney General's Office had no info on them. The AG referred us to Better Business and they had no info either. The MO is exactly the same as the note above, except for the money amounts. The guy kept telling my husband that after we received the contract (which was faxed to us) that we should have a real estate attorney go over it. Well, we planned on doing that, however, WE read the contract ourselves and found that it stated that any money that was paid extra would go towards the interest AND there was a horrendous pre pay off penalty. Consumers beware is an understatement! We are wondering why something is not being done about these scoundrels! I pray that they are paid back 100 fold!

• Sc
      30th of Sep, 2009

This is about the Kenworth Lending Group that a bunch of us were scammed by. I tried calling their phone number today and guess what? All the message says is "Goodbye"
    These people have actually packed up and taken off or they have just disconnected their phone number until they come up with a new bogus company name.

• In
      6th of Oct, 2009

Hello, I too was scammed by these ^%$#@#$%%$# people.My wife found the site and told me to call, I did.Now Iam out 805.00!!I tried calling the number all it says is "goodbye".So I also contacted the B.B.B. And filed a complaint with them.The really bad part is I borrowed the money from My Son!! I wish I would have read this before as well.

Good luck to all of us, maybe we can win

Mark