Kentucky Fried Chicken - Nigel, Gauteng, South Africa / distasteful and dry food!

1 South Africa Review updated:

I went to buy Kentucky and to my disappointment they had a mash and gravy shortage, so I had to order something else. I then ordered 2 streetwise burgers; it was so distasteful and dry.

The burgers were made with ordinary buns that you buy in shoprite, because they had a shortage of the normal small buns as well. The buns are so big that you don’t even taste the piece of chicken-patty and mayo in between. I thru the burgers in the dustbin. They should wait until there is stock before they continue to sell the streetwise burgers again.

Beware people!

Le

Comments

• Co
      6th of Nov, 2007

We bought a barrel Kentucky pieces on Saturday night the 3rd of November. We went home and placed the barrel on the coffee table and everyone took a peace... when we eventually reached the bottom of the barrel with only three peaces inside we found that the bottom of the barrel was filled with till slips and filthy used napkins. I took photos and would like to have it published in our local newspaper.

• El
      15th of Dec, 2007

The service at Bothasig and Canal Walk is terrible. At Bothasig you always wait for about 40 minutes (drive through) for your food and at Canal Walk it is even worse. The workers are lazy and you can see that they don't really want to help you. At Somerset Mall branch you get a worm on your burger and you don't even have to pay extra for it!!!

30th of Dec, 2007

The Owner Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Hi it’s a known fact that if you want to purchase quality Fried chicken you will drive those extra kilos and go To Durbanville Kentucky.

Even the Kids at the surrounding schools know this, and we have been only coming to you since your inception, when you bought out Uncle Joes Fish and chip Shop.

Well sad to say on the 29 th Dec 07 @ 19:18 Chk number 9420 served by number 22 Rikhotso the quality packed chicken and twister meals was not there.
    We were third in the q @ the drive way, therefore there was no need to rush and put in rubbish horrible pieces of Kentucky which we threw away: Including the twisters.

It is not the size of the order that you should give of the best
    I have bought smaller portions and received great quality from you.

Incidentally I have bought buckets of chicken from you over the many years.

If you have a high staff turnover contingency plans must be put together to ensure quality the service we are used to getting from you.
    I am saddened by this break down in communication from your branch.
    Best regards
    John Gordon

8th of Mar, 2008

I WAS IN QUEENSTOWN DRIVE-IN KFC FOR A COUPLE OF ZINGERS AND THE GAVE ME VERY BURNED CHICKEN FILLET WITHIN THE BURGER AND WAS DIFFICULT TO EVEN BITE!

I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS BRANCH TO ANY ONE WHO PASS BY AND HAPPEN TO BUY ONE, PLEASE CHOOSE THE SIT IN KFC FROM THE OTHER END OF TOWN IF YOU INSIST USING A KFC IN QUEENSTOWN, EASTERN CAPE, SOUTH AFRICA

9th of Oct, 2008

For the 2nd time now we've bought from KFC-Pretoria North and all of us who ate the chicken had to run to the toilet. Thank God that we have a house with 2 bathrooms. It sounded like a pregnant Elephant who's water broke, every time one of us went to the loo. Runny tummy and vomiting. The sad part is that my brother went to school (Grade 7) and the brown water just ran off his legs. Now, there is NO amount of money that can erase that image from the rest of his classmate’s minds. They will make fun of him throughout High school and one day they will tell their children about the boy who had the squirts in class.
    It is sad to say, but everybody doesn't have the same standards as I have. I won't eat anything if I saw a fly on it, but here in Gauteng you'll find that some nationalities sells meat packed out on a used cardboard box, on the dirt road, with flies zooming about. That is why they sell the KFC even if it wasn't so clean, because they see nothing wrong with it.
    People, this happened twice!! The ### and the vomiting.

• Mi
      27th of Oct, 2008

The best KFC branch is forsure - Oudtshoorn!! We have NEVER bought something there that wasnt satisfactory. It's the first and only KFC where the burgers match the ones on tv, the right amount of everything. Also the piece of chicken you get on your burger is as big as the burger, you dont bite into dry bread before you get to the chicken.

Well done - OUDTSHOORN KFC

25th of Nov, 2008

On 25 November O8 I went to 17 Quarter on William Moffet Rd, Port Elizabeth.I arrived at 5.55pm to place an order for an 8 piece family feast. There were 2 chicken wings in the display oven. I should have realised then that there was a problem. The lady who served me told me that there would be a 12 minute wait for chicken .I was prepared to wait and so paid and waited, and waited. In the mean time other customers were becoming irate and the drive through was growing longer and longer. One customer ordered a coke and was told that they had none in stock. We all know that coke is the fastest seller ( so there go your G Ps down the drain), but as it is a franchise you would think that the manager would think to loan stock from another franchise ( stock transfer) or replace it at a later date.
    I realise that Coke is a difficult company to deal with as they have no competition and no one at coke really cares .The staff then went into a panic ( no sign of a manager ), but I believe her name is Margaret as we did ask for her but she never materialised . The staff were frantically running around with family feast containers full of chicken ( greasy and not properly drained)
    and trying to portion it out at the front counter instead of putting it into the front ovens and serving it from there. Needless to say 45 minutes later I walked out of KFC with supper. This I believe is fast food .
    Nobuhle who served me did apologise and thank me for waiting . I did notice a training schedule up in the kitchen but clearly it has failed . On Sunday the 24November08 we went through the drive through and ordered 4 ice creams and recieved 3, so when I saw the trophy that said Drive through award for 2008 I had a quite laugh to myself . This store has been open for a year now and every time I go back it is still as bad as before. These staff clearly dont know what they are doing, are not yet competent and are in dire need of training . Shame on the you KFC management and area managers . Sort this store out before the xmas rush.

• El
      12th of Oct, 2009

HI, THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT NOR AM I UNHAPPY BOUT THE SERVICE KFC GIVES OR THE FOOD. I WOULD LIKE TO EXPRESS MY DEEPEST DISAPPOINMENT WHEN I WAS TOLD BY ONE OF THE LADIES THAT ASSISTED ME WITH MY ORDER BOUT A MONTH AGO THAT THE KFC FAMOUS BOWL WILL BE DISCONTINUED. I HAVE TO BRING THIS TO YOUR ATTENTION BECAUSE IT IS ONE OF THE BEST MEALS ON YOUR MENU BY FAR AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY IT WAS TAKEN OFF. MYSELF AND FELLOW COLLEGUES REALLY ENJOYED THIS TREAT AND WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF THE FAMOUS BOWL WAS AVAILABLE PERMENANTLY.WITH LOTS OF THANKS FROM RENE DAVIDS, CAPE TOWN. TEL:021 9302691

• Re
      28th of Mar, 2011

i have bought numerous dinners from the hartebeespoort dam branch, and since we loved having a piece for breakfast we would of course buy a bit more than just for dinner. what a horrible supprise the next morning finding live movement inside the meat, little worms having their merry walkabout inside. juk!! how many people might have eaten and never saw what was going on.
    on calling the kfc i was told that its a fast food outlet and should be eaten when bought not kept for later. what utter rubbish.
    we have bought from other kfcs and never come accross worms in our meal.
    and then he still wanted me to come around for a free meal? no thank you.

• Js
      6th of Dec, 2012

I am very disappointed in thee service theat we receive at thee Springs Selcourt KFC! Yesterday on thee 5the of December 2012 at 18h48 we ordered two Box master meals and two Colonel Burger meals. When we received thee package we looked inside because of previous experience of which chips was missing we saw theat thee chips were all over inside thee package and not in thee chips packages! Which is also very unhygienic is thee fact theat when theey rectified thee problem theey used theeir bare hands to therow thee chips back in to thee packages! It doesn't help to speak to thee manager in charge because thee only theing he will say is "sorry" ?? This "new" branch is patheetic and will eitheer drive furtheer in town to Springs Gate to buy from theem, at least we never had problems withe theem in thee past. J Stapelberg 0726203123