Kentucky Fried Chicken [KFC] / overworking employees

Salem, VA, United States

I was in the drive through at the Salem store yesterday around 1150 in the morning and when I walked in there was no cashier to take my order. I waited about a minute and a woman with a headset came from behind the back of the store where it looks like she was filling a drive thru order. She told me she would be with me in just a second. She waited on me very quickly and was nice. After my order was placed she spoke to someone on her headset to tell them she would be with them in just a second. During my 20 minute stay at the store I realized she was the only person working in the store to cover my eat in order for the buffet and also in the drive thru. She did a great job considering she was all by herself but I must say that KFC should be ashamed of themselves that they are working their employees like this. The worker was running around doing all the work by herself and sweating to hustle as she met customer needs. One would think that at lunch time the store would be better staffed. If I had been this young lady I would have just walked out. I am very disappointed at KFC, you guys need to take better care of your employees.

• Updated by mercury1, Apr 30, 2017

I started off in the Drive thru and decided to just come in. Maybe I would have been better to not see what was really going on inside.

Me