Kenmore Water Heater / kenmore power miser 9 gas hot water heater

We purchased a 40 gal gas water heater in 2010. It just stopped heating. Called Sears for service and that was the beginning of four days of hell so far. We did get a repair person out who said we have a bad pilot and of course he didn't have the part and had to order it from out of state. Got the part but now we are fighting to get someone back to put it in. The part was covered but the labor of course is not. When the repair person was here he said this will more than likely happen again because it is faulty design. We bought the power miser 9 because the old heater was a Kenmore and lasted 15 years without any problems and outlived it's 10 warranty. The customer service is the worst we have ever seen and the products are not the quality they once were. And when we call for service I want to talk to an American who I can understand what they are saying. Never have this kind of trouble with Home Depot or Lowe's. We are done with Sears and will never set foot in that store again. We just regret not reading other people's experience with this product before we bought.

An
May 17, 2013

Comments

• Zi
      18th of Jan, 2011
    Kenmore Water Heater - water heater under waranty keeps going bad
    4200 east la palma ave
    Anaheim Hills
    California
    Phone: 714-528-5001

my water heater keeps going bad when I complained the patrs dept told me to buy some where else if you are not happy