Kenmore Washer and Dryer Repair Service / Repair Service

Last week I scheduled an appointment with Sears repair services for maintenance on my washer and dryer. I had purchased an extended warranty and with that comes the yearly maintenance. I was asked when I would like my appointment and I chose between 8-12 noon. Great! I can plan the rest of my day.

Imagine my surprise and frustration when the repairman calls and tells me he will be at my home between 2 and 4 p.m. When I pointed out that my appointment was between 8 and 12, I was told that he had other appointments and I was going to be last. End of story. What was the purpose of being asked when I wanted someone to come when the repairman comes when he wants anyway?

I called the repair service number back and their only response was - "Would I like to keep the appointment today or reschedule?" My question back was "Why would I want to reschedule when you didn't adhere to the first scheduled appointment?"

I've used Sears repair for years and I have notice in the last 5-10 years that time is fluid for them. When they get there, they get there. This is the last straw for me. Showing up an half hour late or 45 minutes late is one thing - unexpected stuff happens - but a whole day?

Like other people who have posted here, I've bought from Sears for years. Growing up, my mother had nothing but Kenmore appliances. This washer and dryer? They are the last products I will ever buy from Sears.

Ph

Comments

• Se
      16th of Jul, 2009

Dear Phb,

I apologize for the frustration that has been caused by Sears repair service. My name is David and I work for the Sears Cares Team. We would like to speak to regarding this experience. If you can contact us at searscares@searshc.com so we can further discuss your concerns. Please include your screen name (Phb) in your email so we can reference to your issue.

David V.
    Senior Case Manager

• Fr
      26th of Sep, 2009

I also have had a HORRIBLE experience. Our 8 month old refrigerator stopped working (Kenmore). We
    called Sears on a Thursday and were told that nobody could come out for a week, I felt that was totally unacceptable repair time for a refrigerator nor could I afford to eat out for a family of five for a week not to mention I had just gone shopping and bought at 200 dollars worth of food that went bad. The 800# I called stated there was no better time they could offer me. I asked if I could speak to a supervisor, was told a supervisor would call me back and if I had a complaint I could write to corporate. About an hour later they called me back and said they would have someone out the next day between 1pm and 5pm. I left work and waited no one showed up and nobody called.

I called the 800 # and was told the repairman called in sick and they did not know why nobody called. but they could schedule me for sometime next week. I told them this was unacceptable they stated there was nothing they could do except give me the address for corporate to write. I asked for the phone number and they said there is no number and did I want to schedule for next week?

I hung up went to the website and spoke with a Mr.Waite who also stated they could not assist except to offer corporate address and or schedule another appointment for the following week.

I then called the local Sears store who informed me that there is a dept called one source that works out of corporate to assist with complaints and they transferred me. I do not know why the other rep did not let me know of this # but instead told me to write a letter . The representative I spoke with arranged for someone to come out the next day between 8am and 5pm. Again nobody showed up and nobody called. I called the 800# and was told our name was dropped by the routing department and they did not know why nobody called but that they realize their is a policy problem. I was informed that they could reschedule me for next friday.

I told corporate this was not acceptable they turned around and offered me Monday between 8am and 5pm when I asked how could I be sure my name would not be dropped again he said he could not guarentee that but if I call on Sunday they could check. So here I am with $200 food loss, approx. $100 spent on eating out, and 12 hours of lost wages and it is only Saturday. Keeping my fingers crossed that they actually show up and they actually fix my new fridge...