Kenmore Front Loader 44152 / Strut broke, pump broke, main board broken?

United States Review updated:
We purchased a stackable Kenmore front loading washer/dryer in August 2005. The model number is 44152 and it was manufactured for Kenmore by Frigidaire.

We've had balancing problems with this unit from day one. I've paid service techs and handy people to come to our house to try and balance the washer after we were unable to do so ourselves. Two weeks ago the washer stopped completely. I had an appliance service tech out to replace the struts (apparently it comes with plastic struts which notoriously break) but it still wouldn't start. The Frigidaire tech I had out today was able to diagnose a broken pump ($280) but said I would need a Sears tech to read the rest of the error codes. He suspects the main board may be broken and told me that there are intermittent door lock problems and fill issues. The tech told me it would be another $195 or so for the main board, but that there may be other problems only a Sears tech could diagnose properly. Two and a half years old, folks.
Er

Comments

Ne
  1st of Nov, 2014
Have same model. Multiple problems, some repeating. Don't buy Kenmore. Many problems with Kenmore side by side fridge, too.

Kenmore Logo Kenmore