Kenmore Elite Washing Machine / Sears washing machine exploded!

Our $800 Kenmore Elite washing machine died after 13 months. Since it had a 12 month warranty the Sears people didn't take any responsibility - even though we had called them 3 months earlier to report the problem (the agitator came loose from the machine and would come out when the clothes were removed). They told us the repair would be $550, plus it cost $55 to have their service guy come out and say "yup, it's all screwed up". When the agitator came apart during a wash / spin, it spewed a dozen parts, and punched holes in the top of the drum. It made a loud enough noise that it scared my daughter! We called the Sears customer "service" people, got the run around, had to call many times, and the best they'd offer was 10% off the price of the repair - which basically meant that the service call was no charge.

I will never buy another thing from Sears as long as I live. Don't buy a Kenmore, unless you have money to waste.

Comments

• Am
      16th of Apr, 2008

KENMORE ELITE WASHING MACHINE AND DRYER SUCKS... THAT'S ALL I AM GONNA SAY. B/C DORR HANDLE CAME OFF AFTER YEAR AND HALF. NOW THERE'S NOTHING THEY CAN DO ABOUT IT... THEY ASK ME TO BUY NEW ONE B/C IT'S ON SALE.. I AM NOT SPENDING A DIME MORE ON ANY OF KENMORE PRODUCT.