Kenmore Elite Refrigeratorwiring in door

I have a Kenmore Elite refrigerator #795.78544.803 that is just over two years. I recently had a problem with no power to front door display panel. I ordered a new display panel but that did not fix the problem.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Akron, OH After digging deeper into the problem, it turns out that the refrigerator has a bad wire inside the left door which affects the front display panel. I feel that Sears should fix it for no cost because of the wiring being inside the door and was definitely a defect from the factory.

Comments

•   Aug 30, 2011

Dear Mr. Jackson:

I am very sorry that you are having problems with your refrigerator. I can understand your inconvenience and frustration with having your refrigerator repaired a number of times before finding out that there was a wire inside the door causing the defect in the control panel. My name is Susan and I’m part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I saw this comment and I want to reach out to you to see if we can be of assistance. My team handles Internet related complaints as well as complaints that come to the executive branch and we are interested in taking over the handling of this issue or at the very least monitoring the progress of the current resolution. We need to make sure that everything that can be done is being done on your behalf.

At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Rob Jackson) you used to post on this site, to reference your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

• Km
      Apr 18, 2012
    Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - faulty lighting unit
    Sears
    Renton
    Washington

The lighting unit overheated and started turning all the food on the top shelf warm with a horrible burning smell and overheated to such a point that the cover to the lights melted & fell off. The Kenmore Elite Refrigerator obviously has a faulty lighting unit. This product should be recalled. I received no notice from Sears that there was safety issue regarding this product.

•   Apr 19, 2012

Dear Kmiron,

My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am very sorry that you’re having this experience with your Kenmore elite refrigerator. It concerns us when we hear of things like this happening with products we sell. We would like the chance to speak with you more about your refrigerator, and see if what we can do to address the concerns that you have brought to our attention.

At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name Kmiron you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.

• Mo
      Jul 16, 2012

I had the same problem even more problems I have tried in good faith to settle this matter with sears, there were some property damages now Sharon distant has rejected by Claim due to spoilage of evidence I have the kenmoe elite refrigerator and all service records they denied this claim after I sent pictures receipts to mitigate damages and they still deny I don't to be litigious as its a small claim but they lg adjuster are bouncing this claim from Sharon distant lg and Dwana Rivera lg they want to send it to sears . Sears is not the manufacture of this refrigerator kenmore elite according to sears lg made it and it has had so many problems light problems, motherboard, dispenser, gaskets, ice maker .food loss it's a terrible situation I plan on writing to the local news and the CEO of Sears Lou d ambrosia and the CEO of lg moon bin suh

• Mo
      Jul 16, 2012

I have not received a call forms sears will someone please. Contact me please regarding this matter I'm disabled and on fixed income I can't believe a huge cooperation would do this to a disabled sears customer for the last 50 years

•   Jul 19, 2012

Mo zaid,

Please accept our apologies for the problems you have encountered with your refrigerator. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Support team. I understand how frustrating this situation has been for you and I would like to get you some assistance from our team. We certainly want to look into this with you and once we receive your information we will assign a case manager to work directly with you. Your case manager will monitor the progress of your claim and work with you until this issue is completely resolved.
    At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [protected]@searshc.com to put an end to your frustration. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Mo zaid) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

Zenaida M.

• Gc
      Oct 15, 2012

Our Kenmore Elite Refrigerator is 6 years old. We had to unscrew the light bulbs, because the lights were not shutting off, and was melting the plastic pieces around it. It melted our butter, and made everything we stored near the top really hot to the touch. My daughter's insulin was ruined because we stored that near the top. Then we got an ER CO in our display panel, and things started freezing in our REFRIGERATOR section. Called the Sears repairman, he came looked at everything and ordered parts. He just returned to put in the new parts. Now we have lights that hopefully work, but the ER CO is still there. He tried replacing the control board, but that did not do anything. He finally told me that there is a bad wire somewhere in the left side door panel. He said he could order a new door which would cost us 400.00 plus dollars or otherwise buy a new refrigerator. Are you serious???? Don't they stand behind the products they sell? All of our appliances are Kenmore appliances. I am so disappointed with the product. No idea what to do now... G Clifford

• Be
      Jun 12, 2014

Have same problems with same refrigerator. Now we lost display and temp. In frig. Is to low thing are freezing. The water dispenser stops working but if I unplug frig. It will work for a while but no way to adjust temp. Please any body help. [protected]@yahoo.com
    Thanks Ben

• Dj
      Dec 29, 2014

My Kenmore Elite fridge is 7 years old I am having the same issue as G Clifford. The food and liquids were freezing so I hired a company to check the fridge and they replaced the main control board, however the display panel now reads ER CO. The technician said there's nothing more they can do because the part to fix the display panel is not available. If this is true, then the manufacturer needs to come forth and make the repairs instead of telling consumers to buy a new refrigerator.

Jul 03, 2015

Hi we do have a Kenmore Elite model # 795.78553.800 s/n 806KR00106 the dispay is displaying ER CO, seems that this is a recurrent failure of these units, shouldn't SEARS make a recall of them, looking and making a search in the web there are a lots of this issue and looks like the common solution is to replace the electronic board on the back, please help

• Ya
      Jan 14, 2018

I purchased a Kenmore Elite model 795.7402 on 13 Sept 2014. I have had two repairs under the normal warranty and two under our Master Protection Plan. Previous repairs have been for water and ice build up on back wall and under deli drawer. On 19 Dec 2017 I discovered dripping water from the ice maker. When I opened the refrigerator the temp was 60 and temp in freezer was 50. Needless to say, I lost all food items: ice cream, milk, mayo, lunch meat etc. Called in for repair scheduled for 20 Jan 2018. (I assumed backlog because of holidays.) Received a text message on 9 Jan at 4:20 that my appt. had been cancelled. Spent over an hour on phone with various people and depts. trying to schedule an appt.

Ended talking with Starr in Protection Agreement Dept. I waited while she typed an email authorizing me to get my own repair up to $300 and would need additional approval for more. Needless to say, I have never received the email. She gave me a Case #5483943.

I am so frustrated with Sears Service and the Master Protection Agreement. At this point I am scheduling an appt. on my own.