Kenmore Elite Dishwasher / do not buy kenmore

MN, United States Review updated:

In October of 2017, I purchased the Kenmore Elite Ultra WASH Dishwasher Model #665*. In March of 2017, after less than 5 years I had to make a $400 repair to it. It had started to get noisy and then simply stopped working. The tech had to replace the pump motor and a drain pump. Now, after only another 12 months, it has stopped working completely. A call to Sears gave me two options... 1. they would give me 50% off on the service call, no saying what the repair might cost me or 2. buy a service contract for $300 and see if it can be fixed. Wow, what a choice!!! This is on top of the repairs that we have made to all of our other Kenmore appliances purchased for our new home in the fall of 2017. We have fixed the refrigerator, washing machine, dryer and now the dishwasher is broken for the 2nd time. I originally chose Kenmore because my old washer/dryer were still working great after 18 years. I will not buy Kenmore again!!!

Dc

Comments

• Se
      19th of Apr, 2012

Dear DCoan,

We are sorry for the multiple repair issues you have been experiencing with your dishwasher, and any inconvenience you may have experienced with the failure of your other Kenmore purchases. My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw this comment and I wanted to reach out to you to see if we could be of assistance. We would like to look into your situation a little more in detail, and discuss some options we may have to assist.

At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name DCoan you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.

South BAr
    Nova Scotia
    Canada
    sears.ca

My husband purchased a sears elite (more expensive) which he thought better for me as a surprise moving into our new home. However at first one button on the front panel fell off and i glued it back on now all of them are cracked and falling off so my expensive dishwasher now looks awful and now im not sure what some of the buttons are for. I phoned sears and they said I need to order the whole panel which was upwards of 250.00. I explained tot he lady that I could possibly buy another dishwasher for not much more she laughed and apologized and asked was there anything she could help with. So it appears as if they are going to be no help. The dishwasher works fine if i knew what buttons to use. There has been several notes on the same type of dishwasher when i searched the information