KCP&Loverlooked

Hi my name is Bobbie Shull I started taking care of my disabled father back in 1995 and I have never had this kind of problems until I moved to Kansas City Missouri. We have called KCP&L many many times previously about our utility bills, and their only comments were "Our readings are accurate if you do not pay your going to be shut off" we live off of monthly incomes so when your electricity bill goes from $176.00 straight to $4-500.00 in a 1 month span that lasts for a few months at that rate and nothing has changed at the home, common sense tells you somethings wrong and even though they were seeing the exact same bills that I was viewing online still they wouldn't look into any of it for us.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Kansas City, MOSince my neighbor next door passed away back in April and he was a Electrician/cable I found out recently and I even looked for myself that he had electricity for the passed 3-4 years and he didn't even have a meter until just recently when even after all the phone calls and shutting our lights off and then back on all the money I have payed KCP&L in Aug 2012 they turned my utilities off once again and we have been using a generator ever since and now KCP&L refuses to speak to us and finally admits someone has tampered with our house and the neighbors meter except now KCP&L insinuating that it my home at fault and neither my disabled father nor I know the first thing about electricity except flipping the switch on and off, but now its getting colder outside our electricity is off and I can't get any help from KCP&L in getting it back on instead they tell us they cant speak to us that we are to call Revenue Protection so I found their number they tell me they can't help us either.
So myself, disabled father, 6 kids ages range from 16 years down to twins that are 4 years old and out of money, propane, and help.

Comments

• Co
      Dec 12, 2012

Our father passed awy April 1-2004. his bills were paid . My sister Holly was told it wasn
    not paid so she then paid it. I was given the house and i was told it was not paid, so i paid it now thats 3 times that it was paid. I lived there then moved and the bill had to be paid or they wouldnt turn on new service. my sister Holly now wanted to turn service on to house.. she was told again... she had to pay dads bill . why hasnt anyone gotten this taken care of before now? Why cant your employees get it right??e are tired of this treatment i guess i we will have to get a certified copy from you stating the above is paid in full. Every single bill that you send me.

• Co
      Dec 12, 2012

I feel so many times we are made to pay something that is not ours.. Bullying us into it or else. im planning to redo my fathers house take out the electric meter to a company and run solar and wind power. this is totally discusting how we are treated

Jun 08, 2014

I'm came to Kansas City to spend a couple months before I decided to move here permanently. I have yet to meet a single person that has anything positive to say about kcp&l or Missouri gas energy. Comcast cable seems to be the 3rd most hated. What is it wit the utilities in KC? You look at your customers in black and white, instead of grey. You can't punish one person because 9 others were dishonest and really were stealing electricity. And the differences I saw in power bills from one month to the next tells even a lay person like myself something is not right. You check a meter and say, "Yep, its working right." The meter may be correct on the amount used, but the amount used by that household isn't correct. Im sorry you have to deal with such uncooperative service provides Kansas City. You are welcome to join me back in Colorado Springs anytime.