KCI Airport Car Rental Center / Returning a car

1 MO, United States Review updated:

The Kansas City Airport has this great rental center building with a terrific shuttle going to and from it but it is only a pleasure to use if you have a nice dry day. I had to drop off a rental car at the Enterprise Car Rental section and that morning it was pouring rain. The young guy with the clipboard had a raincoat on and there was no overhang to pull the car under like there was at the Enterprise Car Rental Center at Sea-Tac Airport in Seattle. So I had to get out in the pouring rain, fetch my big suitcase out of the trunk and while carrying my soft attach on my shoulder I had to pull it and the carry-on bag through puddles and driving rain for about 400 feet till I reached the door going in. I had an umbrella but couldn't use it while I was using both hands to pull my luggage. The check in guy did not help me at all. I was soaked to the skin by the time I got inside the building. Then I had to cross the lobby, take the elevator down and get into the shuttle where all the rest of the shuttle passengers stared at me like I was a drowned cat.

To top it all off the stupid ### TSA guy searching my bag complained that there was water in the bottom of my soft attach as it went through the x-ray machine.

Comments

• Ry
      4th of Dec, 2009

I work at KCI, and all of the car rental companies have overhangs in their return section. Some of them even have heaters on the overhang.

Either they had the overhang section shut down for maintenace, or it's construction was just being completed. The KCI Car rental center is fairly new, so you could have been there when it was still in construction.