Kay Jewelers / fraudulent company
My fiancee and I went into Kay Jewelers in Chico, CA to look for an engagement ring for me. The one I picked out was perfect. The stone shined magnificently, with almost no flaws, and the band was smooth and perfect.
We had to get it resized, so they took it and sent it off. We were told it would take 2 weeks, and I thought that seemed like a long time. They told us they had to send it out, and as first time diamond purchasers, we agreed.
One day, a few days before we were supposed to get the ring back, we were in the mall that the store is in, doing some Christmas shopping, and we stopped by Kay to pick out my fiancees ring. Not long after we left the store and drove home, they called to tell us the ring was ready.
Why couldn't they have given it to us when we were there? They had begun to know us by name, and we had been speaking with an associate of theirs, so what was the hold up?
Well, we went to go pick it up a couple of days later, and it just didn't look the same to me. It didn't shine the same. I noticed a few ridges on the surface of the diamond, but they we're barely noticeable, so I chalked it up to that and didn't think much of it.
I showed the ring to my mother, and she noticed that there is a crack in the base of the diamond, and that on the inside of the band, underneath the largest stone, its all soldered into a lump where the light is supposed to shine through.
We're going to go attempt to get it all worked out in a day or two, so I'll write back some updates as it all unfolds...
More Kay Jewelers Complaints & Reviews
- Kay Jewelers - ruined engagement ring 
- Kay Jewelers - switched diamonds 
- Kay Jewelers - mislead! 
- Kay Jewelers - they are the worst 
- Kay Jewelers - lieing sold us sterling sliver thinking we purchased white gold 
- Kay Jewelers - employees awful customer service.
- Kay Jewelers - in store treatment
- Kay Jewelers - 3 stones fell out of my engagement ring 3 separate times within 4 months.
- Kay Jewelers - neil lane wedding set
- Kay Jewelers - engagement ring worst experience