Katherine Moore Cooper / rentalcars.com

1 Manchester UK, United States Review updated:

On July 1 2016 our flight was delayed out of IAH into Heathrow. My reservation #[protected] was not honored due to the delay in our flight, even though I kept updating the rentalcars.com website to notify them of our delay. Please note we had PREPAID for this car to secure the amazing price we were being offered. So rentalcars.com. had our money already. When we arrived at Heathrow and finally got to the 3rd party (Europcar) to get our vehicle we were informed that it was gone, and that the contract was not honored. We were left with no car and no contract honored. Because it was high holiday time (summer and Wimbledon) the only cars available were much bigger than we needed and at a higher rate. We had to hire a brand new car for a much higher rate and are now at a loss as to what our original payment was applied to - it is lost somewhere in the rentalcar.com books and we paid over $1000 dollars direct to Europcar for a hire car.
Rentalcars.com website refused to accept any of our updates and therefore are now saying we did not inform them. We did - numerous times- on their website, which they confirmed was received too late in an email to us.
No one was available to speak to, I sent many emails complaining to them and nothing was received back. When we returned back to the USA after our visit to the UK I finally had my call answered ( after holding for 42 minutes) and was told that I had to file a complaint online and that someone would get back to me in writing, that there is no one person to speak to, and no one to explain to me what happened. The rep I did speak to transferred me to his boss after much insistence on my part and that person, informed me that I would have to make an official complaint on line and that we would be advised via email of the decision.

All I know is that RENTALCARS.COM has $486 of our money and we have no car to show for it. It was not applied to our hire agreement with Europcar and we have been refused any credit from rentalcars.com.
I would like for them to refund to us the entire amount we pre-paid as soon as possible. But they refuse, saying that it was applied to the funding for our new car with Europcar, which is was not.
I am shocked at this practice, the refusal to accept our updates via their website regarding our late flight, the refusal to handle this matter via the phone, or even answer the phone, the refusal to respond to my many emails to them in the UK. It was only when I came home and had time to wait that I could get someone one the phone. Then to be told it all had to be researched and communicated online. Bottom line is they took our money and refused to honor our contract for a hire car via a third party - Europcar and I have NO WAY to get my money back.
I consider this theft and will never use them again.

Ka
Jul 27, 2016

Comments

• De
      19th of Sep, 2018

I had exactly the same experience with them, they are gangsters and its police case.