Kastanienbaum Seehotel,Lucerne,Switzerland / not being served dinner on a rainy day

Switzerland, Lucerne
I, my wife and my son stayed at this hotel from 8th August to 10th August 2015...in room nos. 401 &408 in the name of Aneil Mahajan. The hotel brochure provided in the room clearly states that the dinner would be served till 9.30 PM everyday. And there is also a small menu which is served after the specified lunch and dinner time is over.On 9th of August we decided to have dinner at the hotel restraurent ...when we arrived at 9 PM for dinner, we were handed the small menu...please note that the small menu has snack type meals and not full meals... When we enquired as to why we are not being served proper dinner, the man in waiting told us that the dinner time was over by 9 PM that day . We were quite taken aback and objected as to sudden change in timings and not informing the house guests. We asked to speak to Manager... The Manager Mr. Walter Kandell came and asked us whether we had made reservation for dinner. Now, this was a news to us because nowhere has it been mentioned that we had to book a table in advance or were informed by the reception in this context at the time of our check in. When I mentioned it to him, he shrugged his shoulders, also when we asked him how can he change the time without informing the house guests, his precise dialogue was, " it's my hotel, I can do what I want"... When we said we shall be complaining about this, he again said, " do whatever suits you". I think this is most disgusting behaviour from someone especially from hospitality buisness... As it was raining very hard we had to take the food from small menu, but this needs your kind attention and necessary action in the matter please...
Aug 9, 2015