Kaspersky Internet Security / key blocked

THE PROBLEM IS ESOFTWARE.COM NOT KASPERSKY, United States Review updated:
Phone: COMPLAINTSBOARD NEEDS TO ALLOW ME TO EDIT MORE SO PEOPLE DONT THINK IT IS KASPERSKY.COM, ESOFTWAREDOCTOR.COM IS THE PROBLEM!

I bought a digital download of Kaspersky Internet Security for 3 PC's in December of 09. I activated it on two PC's so far and on January 29 2010 I received a "Key Blocked" message. I contacted Kaspersky and they referred me to esoftwaredoctor since they cannot resolve issues from non certified digital download sellers. I contacted esoftwaredoctor and i have not received any reply. So I searched the web and saw many complaints about this company. This company is a scam and should be hit with a major lawsuit imo. It also says in my order confirmation to contact live help if I need assistance. I could not find live help anywhere. Do not buy from this website. It is cheap, but it is a scam.

Comments

• Wi
      Jan 30, 2010

I purchased this same license in Nov. 09, and on Jan 29 my license was also blocked...should we start a lawsuit OR just go to their office (probably an apartment) in Chicago and beat the snot out of these guys. I'm down for either. send me a mail if you want to take action (either legal or physical) neighborwill at hotmail dot com

• Jm
      Jan 30, 2010

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!! I too fell victim to this scam!!! Interesting my serial lasted over 45 days which is when the dispute time frame is up with pay pal.

Feb 01, 2010

I also fell for it. And I paid by credit card and they sent me an email that it was paid through pay pal! I bought in 12/09 and sure enough 1/29/10 the key was blocked. When I look at Kaspersky, they have my registration as October 12th 09!
    However Kaspersky is a difficult company to get ahold of. So not sure what to do. But I will be checking my credit card statements.!

• Ge
      Feb 02, 2010

I bought the same and paid through Pay Pal. I was not getting my product so I contacted Pay Pal. They started a dispute and all of a sudden I received my Product code to download, so I cancelled my Pay Pal dispute. On January 29, 2010 my key was blocked also. Something should be done, this company is a scam.

• Ka
      Feb 04, 2010

I just wanted to add that the exact same thing happened to me. I purchased Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 from esoftwaredoctor.com on 11/25/09, and my key was blocked as of 1/29/10, just like the rest of us. I called kaspersky and they said that since I purchased the key from esoftwaredoctor.com that I had to take it up with them. I have the email confirmation with the invoice number of my purchase that has that link to the "online chat support", and I discovered just like the rest of us that its a link to nowhere. I called my credit card company and they are officially disputing the charge right now. I think the best thing any of us can do is go to the better business bureau and voice an official complaint about this company. They seem to be protecting themselves by conducting their purchases through paypal. I know someone on here mentioned that you can't dispute a purchase on paypal after 45 days. Even so, that doesn't mean you can sell bogus activation keys for computer software. This is the second message board I've been to. I was on another site similar to this one where people described how they bought Norton software from esoftwaredoctor.com and the same thing happened...they're activation keys didn't work, when they tried to contact the website, no one contacted them, the same smoke and mirrors game. I guess there's a lesson to be learned here...if a deal is too good to be true, it probably is. We'll get them though.

• Mn
      Apr 03, 2010

I already sent a complaint but it doesn't seem to have gone through. I have been ripped off by Kaspersky and then requested a refund and they are ignoring all attempts at communication. I can relate to the people who have had bad experiences with Kaspersky. I'm now wondering if they are going to use our complaints to somehow try to sabotage our data because clearly they are not trustworthy and give other online service providers a bad name. It is fraudulent and criminal what they are doing. They take your money but don't give you the product and service that you have paid for. It is appalling. I think everyone who has a similar complaint against them should come together and sue the pants off them. I thought I was the only one but clearly they have a culture of ripping people off. I even purchased a back-up CD but they also ignore all inquiries about where this disk is. I have pursued this for 4 weeks now. I have no anti-virus protection as a result of it and am wary of purchasing another one in case I have a similar experience. I want my money back and I will never ever use Kaspersky again and make sure everyone I know doesn't either. It's a complete scam!

• Sw
      Jan 13, 2012

I too fell victim to the clowns at Kaspersky Labs as well.. In 2009 I purchased a disk . In 2010 i DID A DIGITAL download from their site. the up grade was for two years therefor taking my through 2012.. I was billed through Digital River. At the end of 2010 my computer had a catastrophic failure. All of the computer techs. t spoke with suggested to me that it well could have been a horrible internet attack.
    I ended up getting a new computer and no longer had the anti virus program loaded. I had kept all communications records receipts, passwords account information concerning this transaction. After many attempts to navigate the cumbersome kaspersky site I kept getting blocked by wrong password then no account message .I had them send me the password I was correct all along. Then I got the blocked the key message. After going through all of their do loops on the site I was able to send a message for help to a tech, the response was that I needed to order the disk and wait 7 to 14 days for delivery. I then followed the link and followed the instructions and was still blocked by their site. It would allow me to purchase the entire product again. I refuse to believe that they could not upload my computer from their site as they already had an account user pass word and an active key a digital download for the two year agreement and. OH yes and my purchase of their product. I am forwarding this exact complaint to the Better Business Bureau and a CC.of the same to Kaspersky If I may, suggest any further complaints do the same

• To
      Dec 04, 2014

Kaspersky is a Russian company HQ in Moscow. Many CYBER attacks come from Russia every day.
    PUTIN controls all businesses in Russia.

You data may be used to perform such attacks.